Posts by mhguitarist

Welcome Sid,
    I'm up the road from you in Tampa. The KPA is definitely the way to go for recording, live use and sheer enjoyment. Guitartone gave perfect, simple advice on the hook up process. I am currently running my KPA "monitor out" into a Carvin power amp and a couple of Mesa Boogie cabs. I also have my live profiles assigned with midi numbers to my pedal controller unit for ease of use. For recording I run the "main out" signals straight into my ProTools interface. The feature that I continue to scream from roof tops about is the Kemper Community Rig Exchange. As a registered Kemper owner you have free access to the rig exchange and all of it's contents. You can also upload your own profiles to share with other users. I have profiles from the best amps in the world all tucked neatly in an 11 lb. box and ready to use whenever I need them. Best gear purchase I have ever made! :thumbup:

There are a lot of profiles that I have dubbed "medium gain" for my own use that have a nice taper-off dynamic. Also, as someone else had mentioned, a lot of the high gain profiles work exceptionally well when you drop the gain a bit. This will give more of a dynamic response for players that do not usually go for an all out distorted tone. Personally I love the high gain profiles. However, I found my self going with some lesser gain rigs when it came time to program all of my live "go to" tones. I don't think your hearing is failing you when you hear what seems to be the same length of sustain. I think the truth to the matter is there is not a large range of difference in response once tube saturation is applied, regardless of the amp make or tubes used. I love all things tube-amp and can definitely hear the different nuances from one make to another but it became clear when profiling multiple amps that the dynamic tonal range produced by guitar amplification is not as large a range as we would like to believe. Please keep the questions and comments coming because it helps us all to gain a better understanding of tone and dynamics. :thumbup:

I am late to the discussion, as usual. I have a Peterson Strobe Tuner in my rack. I put the Kemper to "tuner" mode just to squelch the sound while tuning. I have to say, the Kemper tuner matched the strobe tuner flawlessly. The Kemper actually made it easier to lock in because the "level" would not be centered even when you strobe was close to stopped. I am impressed with the Kemper tuner accuracy and would trust it as a stand-alone tuner any day. I have had more than a few occasions where I had to judge and retune a straying G string mid-tune and in the middle of the stage. This is where your Spidey senses need to determine sharp or flat with a quickness. I'll typically nail this transaction from hearing the tuning issue to fixing the tuning issue in a nano-second. The only people that notice this are other guitarists. No complaints on the Kemper tuner :thumbup:

I think I'm a bit late to the table on this one. I am guilty of naming profiles in ways that I thought would be creative without thinking through the sorting challenges that would come. For my own use I have since tried renaming the profiles I keep by amp make, followed by a brief description. This allows me to sort by amp model, all my Diezels are together, Marshalls, Fenders, you get the picture. This works best for me. A universal agreement in how to label new profiles being loaded onto the board could be useful but I still think it should stay in the realm of amp make and model. One man's overly distorted is another's not distorted enough. Give us the names and the basics, we'll be able to sort them from there.

After all the hype about Sweetwater's wonderful customer service, this is the second time in the last two weeks my rep hasn't gotten back to me after leaving a message. The first time I had talked to another rep that sent an email with the info I requested to me and copied my rep for him to contact me. Didn't happen. Who do you recommend?

Not sure how they designate/delegate reps but I've been dealing with Josh Estock for years and I have nothing but good experiences. Their management is also very good. I used to deal with them as a rep selling product to them and, as a customer, they were very professional and pleasant to deal with. It sounds like, unfortunately, you are dealing with a bad egg. Let someone else in their organization know and I'm sure they'll get it knocked out for you.

Wrong, press and hold Stomps or Effects and press store. It will ask you whether you want to save the setup or the rig. You can have Stomps presets and Effects Presets ;)

I had just saved 10 effect presets onto a clean rig so that I could go back and plug them into my rigs of choice. I came onto the board to take breather and found this post by happenstance. Thank you so much! You may want to start a new thread titled "How To Save Effect Presets for use with any rig" or something to that affect. This is great info and a great feature. Thanks again! :thumbup:

Curious if these profiles were loaded with a compressor in the signal chain, it sounds/feels like a compressed signal. I've read a lot of great things about the Vox hand-wired amps, would love to have a few profiles flat out with nothing in the signal chain. I may be wrong about this, I'm not certain. Anyone with knowledge on this please shed some light. Any which way it is done I appreciate the heck out of everyone loading their profiles so please continue. Don't be discouraged by someone like me saying it sounds compressed, my not-so-favorite setup may be someone else' holy grail! Thanks fellow KPA Gang, keep the great tones coming! :thumbup:

The Diezel profiles are killer!! The only issue I had was going back to rate them and remembering which was which. You are doing a great job of capturing tone and dynamic nuances. Not sure how many amps you have access to but I would encourage you to borrow more and please continue! :thumbup:

Thank you Richie for the profiles and the BOC clarification. Your profiles sound great, please continue to post anything you have at your disposal! :thumbup:

Great job Richie, the profiles all sound very nice and useable! If you have any other amps sitting around, by all means load some profiles. Appreciate your input! :thumbup:

Not sure if he is on the forum, we usually communicate by email or phone. He loves the Kemper and will likely make it a part of his live rig in the near future. He had picked up some powered monitors to run his unit through, I am looking into some power amps to run a Kemper/amp/cab setup. He's running in-ear monitors with everything going through FOH so his stage needs are a bit different where as the majority of my playing lands on smaller stages. It is fun to have gear buddies to throw ideas back and forth with!

Yes, Don is the one that turned me on to the Kemper. He had me play through it but, being a lefty I couldn't get a good feel for it on a right-handed guitar. Long story short, I bought it, love it!

Hmmm, how many guys do I know named Richie that don't use a "T" in their name, have access to these amps and spend a lot of spare time tinkering with studio gadgetry. I have to go with BOC Richie but it's just a guess. Being that another BOC ax-man is the one that baited me into purchasing a Kemper I can only say Hmmm. Welcome on board either way, I'll give the profiles a thorough thrashing today! :thumbup:

Looks like Xmas on the community rig exchange this morning! Like I'm sure most of you do, I make the rounds with my daily internet obligations and always look forward to checking the Kemper board to see if anything new has arrived. So far it appears today is a good day! Keep them coming fellow Kemperians. What might be an old, overused, worn-out second hand news type amp to you might be the holy grail for someone else. Keep those profiles coming, we'll sort them out! :thumbup:

Yes, i would like to try loading the profile under another name, without any symbols. I just tried again loading just the 2 profiles I had listed in the original thread. Upon import the Kemper message reads, "No import necessary. All files are already available in your KPA". Yet when I search by name the profiles are not found, when I search by Author neither Tecks nor McRalfix come up in my system.