Posts by Jab

Thanks DonPetersen, I think I got the hang of it now.

That initial reference profile had me confused. I've just pulled up anything unimportant, in case it gets mixed up. Now I'll use the previous profile so the tags are filled out, as you said. I tried a few more and just erased the tags and then filled them out in Rig Manager, which worked well too.

cheers

I think I got the profiles sorted now. I had duplicates and other profiles where I had changed the tags.

Still don't quite understand why the tags of the previous loaded profile shows up in the fields after doing a capture. Why aren't they blank if it's a new profile? It's like I'm saving two profiles every time.

On a side note, I just compared the Tonex and Kemper captures of my JCM800 head and preferred the Kemper.

..I don't think it is possible to overwrite an existing rig this way...

Thanks for the reply. Somehow I've managed to do just that.

I followed the instructions on the the screen and filled out the data when asked. I doesn't help that it has to be done on the tiny screen instead of in Rig Manager for example (I know some of it can be changed afterwards in RM).

Hi,

I just did a few amp direct captures, the first profiling I've done in years and years, and I must have forgotten something.

The captures worked out pretty good, but when the Kemper asks me to input all the data and store the profile it overwrites the profile that was on before I started the capture. Now I have a mess where I've written all kinds of data on other profiles that I've bought earlier.

Why doesn't it just create a completely new empty profile?

Thanks

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

That Marshall became bit more gainy than I expected but I suppose its not a bad thing. It does take pedal exceptionally well so I hope that reflects in the profile.
    Maybe I should give the Monkey another go, I feel I didn't do it justice. Problem is, it has 6 modes to choose from and a boost, plus the added master volume.

Do you mean Super Orangutan? There is no Super Monkey model I know of.

It's a one off Super Orangutan with EL34's, different trannys and a later crossline master volume mod. Super Monkey serial 001. Difficult to profile since it can be set up in so many ways. But I have to say, the Marshall smokes it, with a good OD anyway.

72 Super Bass and 3 Monkeys Super Monkey
    Hello,

Been using the Kemper a few years and decided to make some profiles today. My Marshall Super Bass is my go to amp that I play almost every day and the 3 Monkeys I got in a trade and decided to profile since I'm going to pass it on at some point. I use most amps as pedal platforms so I set them at edge of breakup. That way I can use the profiles when practising and recording with headphones, and it will be the same as in real life. Just plug my board up to the Kemper. The cab is a Marshall 1960AHW cab with a quad of made in England G12M greenbacks.

First proper profiles so hopefully they're not too awful. Used my Lexicon interface with an SM57 and a Rode M3. 57 on the dustcap and M3 a bit back, angled against the cab. Didn't really know how to lower the input gain on the Kemper so had to lower the mic pre's a bit. That might make them duller than I wanted.

Hope you like them,

Janne

[quote='crhfish',index.php?page=Thread&postID=35391#post35391]After a few false starts, I finally have a few profiles up under the name Hays. I have an Marshall SL-X, a Rivera and a Laney profiled...

Up until your profile, I'd never heard of an SL-X. Now it's my favorite amp profile. With a treble boost and a little delay, P90's rolled back, tonal heaven :)
    Thanks!