Posts by guitarmanjac

Hi Armin. I am actually getting ready to buy some of your profiles also. :)The High gain pack looks great and I am really looking forward to trying some of your profiles out as well.

Regarding the registering and posting. I am on mac and I cleared my history but I am getting very weird happenings. I re-registered my whole profile, new login name etc and I was able to login successfully but it still would not let me post in the private section. I registered my KPA it said I was now able to post in all the forums and had complete access but I dont. I have ever had this much trouble registering on a forum in my life. It's very frustrating.

Sorry for posting this here but I tried registering my Kemper and everytime I go to log in so I can post in the private section it redirects me back to the kemper site and asks for me to login again. I want to post in the registered sections but cannot.

Anyway, I wanted to order a bunch of your profiles and every time I enter your code : xmasprofiles it says ERROR - The code you entered is invalid. Any idea whats going wrong?

Hmmmm. Well it worked with one profile. The results were ok but I have to say I didnt like how the expression pedal feels compared to a real wah pedal. I tried other profiles with the wah settings and couldnt get it to work. I know I am doing something wrong but I did have it working for a bit and it was pretty good but not where I was happy with the wah sound. I did use the settings Christoph posted online for the cry baby settings. I'm sure when I fiddle with it more I will get a better grasp of it. I think I read about a global setting somewhere that will allow you to use the pedal with every profile? If so can someone please explain exactly how I can do this as well?

Thanks!

I want to add a wah pedal to my Kemper. I was wondering if I should go with a traditional wah pedal or get something like the Boss FV500-H expression pedal? Would there be any advantage getting a real Wah over the Boss pedal? I have not used any wah in my Kemper yet so I am unsure what route to take.

Also can someone please tell me what Wah pedals are profiled in the Kemper?

Thanks for any advice.

Interesting. I wonder who and what Cliff is talking about?

Ive had my Kemper for about 3 or 4 months now. I USED to own an AxeFxII. I can say with 100% certainty that my KPA kicks my old AxeFXII ass any day of the week. Yes it was good and did alot more in the effects dept but I care more about tone and with the KPA you get the most authentic amp tones of any modeller /processor currently available.

I recently discovered the Amp Factory profiles and its like christmas every time I buy a new profile. I just got the Metal pack and words cant describe. I'm in tone heaven!

I dont regret selling my AxeFXII at all. I wondered if I would eventually miss it? I thought hard about it and not once have I missed it. In fact I was reading a post about the latest Ax FXII firmware with a bunch of new parameters and scott peterson was trying to explain setting all these different parameters to someone that was having a hard time getting a good tone. I said to myself that right there is a prime example why I got aggravated with my AxeFxII. Too much fiddling with endless arrays of knobs and not enough great tones or playing time. Also there was that little thing of everytime you upgraded your firmware your patches needed to be redone. My Kemper profiles never change unless I want them to!

KEMPER FTW!

I just want to drop a little message about Amp Factory since I just picked some up.

I have had my Kemper for a few months now and it is amazing! I thought it couldn't be any more awesome until yesterday when I decided to buy about 13 profiles from Amp Factory. Upon playing them...HOLY CRAP!! They are simply incredible and they have made me all the more excited for purchasing a Kemper. I tell you I NEVER got tones like these out of my Axe FxII. I have so many incredible goto tones now thats its hard to choose which are my favorites. I will be buying more and I cant wait to hear the previews for Amp pack 3. Even though I couldnt hear any previews yet I was confident in them so I picked up some of those as well and as expected they were great! I also picked up the free samples from Amp Factory, lots of goodies there as well! I am primarily a metal player and I think I read there may be a metal pack coming soon! That would be killer!

I still have alot to learn regarding my Kemper, like how to tweak profiles, change cabs etc but I am one happy guitarist! Kemper is hands down the best guitar related product I have ever had!

I did start fiddling with some profiles paremeters and ended up getting some good sounds from my guitars. I think that I have just not been exploring the full capabilities of my Kemper up until now. I would go to a profile and play. I now see that I should customize profiles for my guitars. I actually found a profile the other night tweaked it and it sounded so good with my downtuned Dc135 guitar. SO I think for now I really need to learn the ins and outs of the Kemper and take it from there.

This is such fantastic news!

I wonder how will the Kemper interface to the computer? Could it use the USB port?

I know this probably wont happen and I dont know if its possible but I would love to see a similar function to Fractals Axe Edit where you can hook the Kemper up to your computer via USB and scroll through your profiles and click on one and load it into your Kemper and play! This would be great for those recording into their computer and want to cycle through various profiles. I really hope that function is available but if not I look forward to whatever Kemper has planned. I also would like to see a better method for organizing your profiles in various categories of your choosing. Say you have profiles for certain bands or songs, simply make folders and your Kemper will recognize them. That would be alot better than having everything jumbled together. I cant wait!