Posts by WS

For more fun and control on stage I´m planning to use my KPA in stereo mode with two FOH monitors. The monitor output of the unit supports unfortunately only mono mode. So it would be great if I can use the Master XLR output for sending the signal to the main mix and use the other master out jacks for the stage monitors. To control the loudness level on stage, there should be an option in the output menu to adjust extra the level for the XLR out and the jack out. Don´t know if this is possible but would be useful for me.
    Would someone else like this option?

Thank you for sharing - I´ll give them a try!
    Btw: I have two very cool profiles from you in my setup, it´s the H&K Thirty. Thanks again for it!

Hi Laurent,

welcome on board! First of all, read again the manual.

There are many reason for your problems and here a some possible solutions:

Try to download again the operating system - maybe the file gets damaged when downloading it

Delete the kaos.bin file on the usb stick and copy it again

Format the USB stick again with your profiler

On some operating systems you need to "eject" the USB stick. Update failed is usually a damaged firmware file (which is double checked with checksums).

I know it sounds weird, but I've found that simply waiting 5 minutes after inserting the USB drive helps sometimes to prevent any issues.

If nothing from the procedures above are helping, try this one:

Try putting the chaos.bin directly in the root folder of your USB stick and make sure you don't have a kaos.bin under the OS Update folder.

Shutdown the KPA, plug your USB in and boot it at the Tuner Position and holding together the Page < and >.

It will force the update straight from the USB key instead of going through the KPA current firmware.

You should see right "booting and burning from USB stick"

Good luck

I guess Akkan will put a mic which don´t need phantom power (e.g. Shure Beta 58 a.s.o.) in the Kempers input. Even this microphone types are sounding very much better with a studio preamp. Not every user owns a good quality studio microphone.
    Unfortunetly i don´t have a high quality mic preamp - otherwise it would tried to make a profile. Anyone else?

Sorry, I forgot - there a some user which got sometimes problems by importing sounds depending on the USB stick.
    Maybe it will be helpful if you simply try another stick (don´t forget to format it first wit your Kemper).
    Good luck

Hi perlan,

hmmm - Cabmaker exports normally *.kipr files. Are the files you are trying to import in the shared folder *.kipr files?

WS, you would have the same factory profiles I mentioned. Are they significantly different from the soundcloud clip I posted? Would appreciate some kind of confirmation in that regard.

Hey nightlight, there are significantly differences from the soundcloud clip you have posted to the sound of the same profiles at my studio monitors with my guitar, but I´m shure that this is because we are using different guitars with different PU´s. I have an Ibanez RG550 build in 1987 with normal tuning, it seems to me that you have a guitar with modern high output Pu´s or a Les Paul type guitar with dropped tuning, my stringset is 038-008, I´m shure that you use thicker strings than I do.
    I have two equal guitars, they are sounding different with the same profile...It´s all unique.

Great to hear that everything is working fine!
    Think over to change to firmware 2.1.1, it fixes an issue related to preamp gain, which was slightly lower in 2.1.0 in comparison to previous versions. A lot of my crunch sounds had not enough gain with FW 2.01, I don´t know if this has any effect effect with the profiling process and recalling this sound with a later firmware. :?:

If you use live different guitars like many players do, would it be good to change the guitars during the refining process? Will this bring a better result for overall use?

It would be cool, if Dan gives us another four profiles to test - without NAMING it so that we don´t know, which one is the rough or the refined (Perhaps name it Pro1, Pro2 aso.).
    Wonder if the same came out and the refined profiles are the best sounding?
    If he want, he can give us two times the same profile, may some of us still can hear a difference? In a week or so he can tell us, what the profiles are.

There are only two different ways to use the Profiler:

• as a single amp with just a few profiles with different distortion levels of the same amp and activating effects via a footcontrol

• switching between different amps and rigs

What is the better way for live situations? What gives a more “natural sound”?

What do you recommend, how do you use it?

I owe my toasterhead for one and a half year and in the meantime it looks very poor - I think that the rack version has more working LEDs than my toaster has at the moment. :( On stage, it´s often hard to see, which settings are dialed in. Will my KPA be complete dark in future?
    As a professional musician it´s nearly impossible for me to be weeks without my Kemper and I´m shure I´m not the only one of the users here in the forum. So it would be great, if there comes a (better) solution for repairing our units a.s.a.p.
    My idea for such a solution is, that the Kemper company gives the bigger local dealers in every area one or two units which the users can borrow for the time, when their KPA is on repair. These "loaner-units" can be sold later as used or second hand models - so this would not be very expensive for the Kemper company.
    What do you think about?

When I read a lot of the postings in this forum, I wonder why a lot of people are working hard on it, to get a similar sound with the Kemper than they had before with their amp.
    Isn´t it somehow stupid – to spend a lot of money and time to have the same than you had before. If they were satisfied with their sound, why do people do that? Just to have a little loss weight for the distance from the car to the stage and back?
    My personal goal was to sound BETTER than before. The KPA offers so much opportunities but some people seem to ignore that and are just heading for the same old thing.
    So what was your personal goal to buy this unit?

I owe my toasterhead for one and a half year and it looks very poor - I think that the rack version has more working LEDs than my toaster has at the moment. :wacko: On stage, it´s often hard to see, which settings are dialed in. In the future my KPA keeps maybe completly dark?
    As a professional musician it´s nearly impossible for me to be weeks without my Kemper. Would be great, if there comes a (better) solution a.s.a.p.
    I can imagine, that the Kemper company gives maybe the bigger local dealers in every area one or two units which they can borrow to the users for the time, when their own KPA is on repair.
    (These "borrow-units" can be sold later as second hand models - so this would not be very expensive for the Kemper company)
    Anyone agree?

The story is often the same - when you get a new amp (in this case the KPA), it takes a few days until your ears acclimatize to the new sound. I never had this with most of the modellers (and I had a lot of them), they all never had the sound I expected but after working a little with the KPA, I found my "own sound" in a rough version quickly. Till now (over one and a half year), I´m tweaking it in every studio session and every performance till it´s getting perfect. I´m nearly there....
    "It sounds digital to me..." is just a synonymously for dialing in a not optimally rig or worked to little with the amp - the KPA is like a chameleon and can sound however you want, it´s just up to you!