Posts by WS

This is a definite handicap with the Kemper compared to my Axe/fx rig. Not being able to control the mix level of things like delay with an expression pedal is really getting on my nerves. Controling the wet level is with an expression pedal is a VERY common use for expression pedals. I was surprised when setting up my rigs for live use to find out that this was not an option.

That´s not right - with Midicontrollers like the FCB 1010 this works like a charme. You can set any parameter to the expression pedals - just take a look to the midi cc# list!

Hello Harald,

Andy from The Amp Factory did very good profiles of Joe Satrianis Signature Marshall (a modded 800) amp. You can buy it as a single amp, it´s in Bundle 3 (click here) , it´s named "UKGold Satriani Signature" and sound like killer! You can listen to some samples at Andys website.

I´ve bought these profiles some time ago and they belong since then to my main lead sounds (they are working way better for me than the MBritt sounds) - with my Ibanez RG (modded DiMarzios) it´s the nearest possible sound to Joe.

To simplify the stereo monitor setup, I would find it cool to if you can
    define the master 1/4 jacks output as a monitor output. The XLR jacks
    would then be the master out to FOH and the 1/4 jacks would be the monitor out, which would greatly simplify the connection of a stereo monitor setup. The assignment could be done with the output menu.

Hi tntent,

It should work well with the Eureka Prom, but not in PA ("Profiling Amp") mode, because the PA-Mode has fixed CC numbers. First you have to change the mode of the Eureka to "PP" mode.
    Instructions how to change the mode can be found here
    Instructions to program the device in PP mode, see here
    With the standard chip, the FCB 1010 is very easy to program with an editor. (I use the Ed Dixon editor)
    Good luck!

Try to connect the FCB directly to the Kemper and see if it works. If yes, there is a problem with the Audiobox, if no, there´s a problem with the FCB.
    What kind of chip is in your FCB? (Stock chip, Uno...)?

Hello Metal671, the Presonus AudioBox itself is not able to generate Midi program changes but only forwards them on. This means you must send externally the control commands (either with a recording software, such as Cubase, etc. or an external MIDI controller), they are only looped through the audio box.

Thanks for your nice comments.

@ Andy: Thanks for your support and for your great work! I am only using your profiles, although I have tried many other - for me and my work are your profiles the way to go (especially the Fender Twin), your taste is in line with my and my needs for my work. I am grateful every day for this. Keep up the good work!

Hi bshaw92,

It should work well with the Eureka Prom, but not in PA ("Profiling Amp") mode, because the PA-Mode has fixed CC numbers. First you have to change the mode of the Eureka to "PP" mode.
    Instructions how to change the mode can be found here
    Instructions to program the device in PP mode, see here
    Good luck and happy programming!

How to get the looper working with any Midi Device (without external software): :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a Midi Device, that allows you to send four CCs at once, it is very easy:
    Here are the commands:

CC#=Controller Number, V=Value

Rec/Play/Overdub: CC#99 V125, CC#98 V88, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

Stop/Erase:CC#99 V125, CC#98 V89, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

Undo:CC#99 V125, CC#98 V93, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

TriggerCC#99 V125, CC#98 V90, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

ReverseCC#99 V125, CC#98 V91, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

1/2 SpeedCC#99 V125, CC#98 V92, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a device that allows you to send two CCs at one time (like FCB 1010 etc), it´s easy too:

I have recognized, that all commands need the same two controller numbers:

CC#99 V125 and CC#38 V1

The trick is to program one button as looper activator with this two values, if you set the midi running status “on”, the Kemper will keep this two CCs in his memory until you power it off

Then set up the other buttons:

CC#=Controller Number, V=Value

Rec/ Overdub: CC#98 V88, CC#38 V1

Play:CC#98 V88, CC#38 V0

Stop/Erase(press button 3 times): CC#98 V89, CC#38 V1

Undo/Redo:CC#98 V93, CC#38 V1

Trigger Start: CC#98 V90, CC#38 V1

Trigger Stop: CC#98 V90, CC#38 V0

Reverse/Unreverse: CC#98 V91, CC#38 V1

1/2 Speed: CC#98 V92, CC#38 V1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a device that allows you to send only one CC it´s a little tricky – you have to split all the commands and put it on two buttons like this:

Looper Activation:
    Button 1: CC#99 V125
    Button 2: CC#38 V1

Rec/ Overdub:
    Button 1: CC#98 V88

Play:
    Button 1: CC#98 V88
    Button 2: CC#38 V0

Stop/Erase(press both switches 3 times alternately in succession):
    Button 1: CC#98 V89

Undo/Redo:
    Button 1: CC#98 V93

Trigger Start:
    Button 1: CC#98 V90

Trigger Stop:
    Button 1: CC#98 V90
    Button 2: CC#38 V0

Reverse/Unreverse:
    Button 1: CC#98 V91

1/2 Speed:
    Button 1: CC#98 V92

To retrieve the functions, both buttons must be pressed one after the other. This will work, but it´s a bit awkward to use (maybe for practise purposes).

I hope it helps some of you!

Thanks to the Kemper team that has made it possible! :thumbup:

Good luck und happy programming!

In this video, I control the looper of Kempers with a simple FCB 1010. Sorry for the poor quality, it is meant for demonstration purposes only.
    The control works smoothly, how the FCB must be programmed, you will find in this thread.
    Thanks to DamianGreda and CK, to make this available!) 8)
    With the Kemper Remote that goes certainly more comfortable, but it's ok for me, especially since I use the Looper function mainly to practice (live need only a very few sequences...)

Click here to see the video