Posts by ddtm

Thanks a lot guys for your feedback!

I tried putting a pure booster (+3) in front of the amp section and that made the sounds quite a bit better (IMO). Then I performed an experiment where I would record DIs both from Radial J48 DI-box and from my Kemper (it gets its signal from the THRU output of the DI-box). I noticed that the loudness of the DI from the Kemper is somehow ~2db lower (in the screenshot below are the spectra of both DIs – red corresponds to Radial, bright white – difference).

I must admit I'm not super knowledgeable in this topic. Is it supposed to be like this?

It makes quite a difference when you add the bass to the mix! It would more fair comparison to compare plain guitar recording instead of full mix.

I agree, that's why I'm comparing against the snippet with guitar only (see the second youtube link - there should not be any other instruments).

The clips sound pretty much the same to me. What's different is how they are played and with what guitar/pup combination. Technique and technology will have an effect on how good or bad a profile will sound.

I agree with that too. But my guitar and the pickup should be identical to what Josh is using.

To my ears, my clip doesn't have enough pick attack (transients) and has a bit less gain. In other words, I can't get the same nice chug from this profile no matter what I do (hitting the strings harder doesn't really help). It's a subtle difference but it's there. And it's not like I can't get nice attack from other amplifiers. I'm at loss here :(

HI all,

Been using Kemper since 2012 but somehow always sticked to just a couple of profiles that I obtained early on. Recently I decided to try out some commercial packs and purchased HEAVY TONES BUNDLE 2 by Josh Middleton. This stuff sounds absolutely killer in the demos

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It just so happens that my guitar is exactly the same as in the demo (except for the colour). Even the pickups are the same (Fishman Fluence Modern). So you can imagine how excited I was when I uploaded the profiles to the unit. Unfortunately, the tone that I got was quite far from the reference. I tried everything I could to fix the situation (even tried full system reset) but did not succeed. So maybe you guys could help me with the issue.

I did my best to record the same riff as in the demo (obviously I'm no Josh):

I would really appreciate any input/advice!

Check out my new demo. Keith Merrow's Andromeda profile for guitars. I would describe it as a mix of prog, death and black. Let me know what you think.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.