Posts by neil-c

In the July edict ion of Guitarist magazine [ and following excellent review in may 2012 ] the Kemper is used to recreate Electric Ladyland, the Joshua Tree and Revolver with stomp boxes on a small pedal board. The profiled amps used were '68 Dual Showman and Vox AC15TBX. The excellent results can be heard if you've access to the online Guitarist vault service. ;)

BillyMill

Look forward to hearing the profiles if you put them up on the exchange especially toneking. :)

I've put my Lonstar special up and interested in hearing how the approach you're doing compares to my simple mic the combo approach.

Cheers

Neil

Hi

I'm quite new but the profiling is essentially the amp and cab rather than your guitar. The kemper copes with differing inputs but clearly certain guitars sound better with certain amps especially around eq etc. So no colouring but as ever you need to match and/or post profiling do some tweaking.

It is very portable and can cope with the scenarios via its many outputs. It does support headphones and you will need to have some form of powered amp or PA but it can cope with all of them. The manual explains things simply too and the forum v useful, although not much help in your case.

Good luck Neil

I had my Kemper a few weeks and was just starting to explore its capabilities ( I think its way more than I do but thats another matter ) when I encounter a problem with the USB adapter. The amp worked fine apart from the ability to up and download profiles. A bit of a pain given I had just done a profiling session to put up on the exchange and I'd invested in the Amp Factory set!

No matter spoke to the good folks at Thomman, who've picked it up and another is on the way from Germany. :)

Spent my time practicing and reading the forum but its not the same....

Hi,

Do either of the USB 1 or the network cable allow me to upload and download profiles to my PC whilst Kemper help resolve a problem I have with my USB adapter? I'd like to get some profiles off before it get returned for repair and they get lost. :S

Thanks Neil

Hi,

Running Sonar X1 through Edirol FA66.

I'm considering 'parallel amping' where I use the Kemper to split the signal into stereo, and record one channel of a Kemper profile and the other my miked up amp if that makes any sense. It should allow me to get a really good thick stereo sound.. I haven't looked at re-amping yet.

Neil