Posts by neil-c

Hi,

I'm a amateur guitarist and songwriter, living in Hampshire who's been playing since the late 70's.. I record at home on Sonar and play in a local covers band from time to time. I'm particularly looking forward to recording with the Kemper including ability to record miked and profiles amps and possibly re-amping. I generally go for clean, roots and classic rock sounds. I love guitarists such as George, Robert Cray, Steve L, Mike Campbell and my all time favourite Paul Kossoff.

Guitars includes Strats, Les Paul, various PRS SE ( Hollowbody and Soapbars ) and Squier Classic Vibe Teles ( Custom and Thinline ) - all great value and fitted with The Creamery and Bare Knuckle P90's. I've also an old Aria, a Hohner 12 string tele! and a Variax which should be great with the Kemper.

My amp history is: Park 50w, a loud Orange 2 x 12 combo ( which weighed a ton and regret selling to this day), Sessionette 75, Line6 FlextoneDuo and lovely Mesa-Boogie Lonestar Special.

I've put a few rigs up to share - Lonestar, Line6 Rectified and Marshall Micro-Stack. I'm looking forward to exploring the profiled world to create accessible set of great rigs. The editor will help but from looking through the forums I think need to get to grips with the Snapshoot Browser..

Cheers Neil

Tim I couldn't find one when I looked last week whilst iI waited for my Kemper to arrive. I made a list of 40 odd manufactures and amps and then searched the user Rigs and checked the forums. I downloaded all that we either interesting or the 'best' ranking where there were multiple rating and started to audition the ones I liked from there. I put up a couple of LoneStars Special profiles and was pleased to have been rated. The editor function is required. Personally i don't plan to pay for profiles but people and markets will dictate. I wonder how long before we get serious name endorsement or even Amp manufactures offering rigs like on Amplitudes custom shop?

Anyway hope that's helpful.

Neil

Kojak

I had problems registering and therefore accessing forum over the weekend. Customer Support responded on Monday asking for the Registration No and all fine last night which is great. :) Hope yours get fixed as quickly.

Neil

First post. Just placed my order and whilst waiting been trying to work out what to upload, easy - my lonestar special and what to download, hard - as discussed in this thread.

For me there are two aspects:

- the ability to sort, which i'm sure Kemper will enhance along the lines mentioned. Personally I'd like to sort by manufacturer, the fact that nobody's bothered to download and rate it may not matter to me.

- the consistency of naming, eg common naming would help so that Mesa Boogie is used rather than Mesa, Boogie, MB however I doubt a community can ever be that disciplined, that anyone wanting to moderate

So for now i'm ploughing on through the 40 odd pages, making a list of amps and url's of manufacturers, as there are so many i've never heard of and may want to explore.

Anyway back to counting the days until the van arrives

Neil