Posts by dudleys100

Agreed. This is how capitalism works. Let the market drive what is needed. I think one could collect a great arsenal of sounds from the user base, but you have to sift through 1300+ profiles on a system that does not have an easy to user computer based profile manager. Limiting the Kemper to this approach would destine it to be a prosumer product for those that have the time to tinker and hobby around with it. I think that is fine but seriously when you have someone working full time in this industry it is not an option to download new profiles every day. There needs to be a pro option that is trusted that can be grab and go and thats what and44 is providing. It is the same reason trusted brands like Universal Audio, RME, and Apple thrive in the software industry. Because you can trust that they will generally deliver and not slow you down in the creative and professional process. I hope this trend continues because it will lead to better quality sounds and create an efficient option to COINCIDE with the user base profiles.

I love the free user profiles and still use many that I have downloaded. I hope this community continues to build. I also hope we can allow business ventures that provide a service worth paying for and understand that we cannot expect people to use their own money and time to make professional profiles and think that somehow we are entitled to that for free.

As for the clipping it is the output that is clipping on mine not the input so for a quick fix you can just turn down the "volume" of the amp (not the master output as that will not fix the clipping issue). The volume levels vary greatly between different amps, some being fairly low level and others being crazy high and clipping (all with the same guitar with med output buckers). Once you balance out the level though its great.

Concerning the above posts about the amps, it depends a lot on what guitar you are using of course. With my PRS the carol ann was VERY smooth and carlton esque, whereas I was not that impressed with the avalon or the tone king. I will try one of my other guitars tonight and my opinion will probably change again on different amps :)

Overall these profiles sound and feel more like an amp than any of the other ones I have played and I have gone through all the stock and about 200 of the user profiles.

I got the whole set this morning and after 3 hours of messing around....... WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

This collection is amazingly good. I have had almost every amp under the sun and currently have a dumble clone by Ceriatone, an originsl 65 super reverb, marshall metal panel from the 70's, an egnater, Mesa, a couple custom heads, a traynor, tech 21, etc, etc and these profiles left me with nothing wanting in the tone department.

These are even a step up from his old profiles as I directly compared. There are rigs that are perfect for clean funk, amazing mid gain tones all over the place, sweet bluesy drive that has the sponge I like and others that are more immediate that are great too. Cleans that are rich and full and also thin and spanky. There is not a lot of hard core gain rigs in the package but many of the amps do get very hot, and the mesa stuff will give you metal for days. I think the triple wreck profile sounds better than my actual Mesa single recto verb does in real life :)

And they are all great depending on the context and guitar being used. No "filler". I was also surprised at how great the JCM 800 clean sound was. I also fell in love with the car, the divided by 13, and the VOX handwired. The two rock and carol ann are also smooth as you could imagine, and provide exactly what you would expect out of a D style amp. Oh ya and the vibro king and Top Hat kill also. I am an engineer/producer with major label credits and a lot of work for large company's as a composer and I could do 95% of my work confidently with the top hat, car, triple wreck, and the vox.

My only gripe is some of the settings have too hot of an output for humbuckers so you need to crank down the volume, this is due for it meant to be used with lower gain pickups I suppose but gets annoying when you are flying through presets with one guitar (in the case I was using a PRS hollowbody). I am also still trying to get the hang of the naming system as the Kemper is not designed to filter easily until we get a nice computer based system for adding and organizing our profiles. This is not AND44's issue

Can't say enough good things. Buy em, support him, and hope he keeps doing this so we can get more in the future

Dont feel any guilt my friend, you are providing a great service here. I personally hope you profit on this. The Kemper user profiles are great but what professional has time to sift through 1300 profiles plus daily additions and find the ones they really like? I hope what you are doing becomes more popular. I would much rather pay a fee and have a great collection I can trust than spend all my time tinkering around looking for something worth using like I am at a garage sale. I am a working professional and what you are offering is needed. I can't wait to hear the samples so I can pick some or all of these up :)