Posts by jayson

Hi All,

I've ordered a new Macbook Pro that I hope to get soon so was wondering if there is anything special I need to do when moving my backup of Rig Manager from my PC to the Mac? I think I only need to make a back up of Rig Manager and save it on an external drive and then install Rig Manager on the Macbook, plug in the external drive and then in Rig Manager, go to tools and restore from the back up?

Cheers,

jayson

Have you seen this UAD DSP chart?

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-…215262223-UAD-2-DSP-Chart

I have an Apollo Twin Duo but have never used it to profile an amp because I’ve read that the plugins don’t translate very well when profiled. If I were to use it to profile, I’d probably only use a preamp/eq plugin like the Neve 1073. From the chart above, that would take up 40% of one of the two chips on my Duo so that would be more than enough for 2 mic’s. You could even add a couple of 1176 comps to both mic’s and still have some DSP left.

Cheers,

jayson

Further, there are people that don't use an editor at all (most I suspect). Certainly I didn't use an editor with my tube amp rig ;)

Do you only use one rig in your Kemper? You'd probably need to have multiple tube amp rigs to copy what you have in your Kemper. ;)

I've been hoping for an editor since I got my Toaster in 2012 so I guess I am willing to wait a bit longer for Kemper to get it as bug free as possible.

Cheers,

jayson

Dean Markley Blue Steel 10 to 46. Started using them many years ago and have tried other types but always go back. Finding they are harder to get though so buy them in bulk when I can.

Cheers,

jayson

Problem and solution had been mentioned earlier in this thread. If you have a space in your Windows user name, then the automatic updater of Rig Manager doesn't work. This is a problem in all Windows versions. The solution is to download the latest version from our website. This version will accept spaces in user names and display future Rig Manager updates correctly.

Hmmm. Not sure if that worked. I think I fixed my original problem by downloading 2.1.26 from the Kemper site and the install worked. But I just tried to install 2.1.41 and got the same error messages again. Downloaded 2.1.41 and the install worked again. If it happens with the next update, I'll contact support.
    Cheers,

jayson

Sorry for not following up my post but I did raise a ticket with Kemper and, after providing some debugging files, they determined that my Windows Login was an issue as it's my first and last name with a space in between. They said it would be fixed in the next update.

Cheers,

jayson

Hi All,

I've been trying to update Rig Manager for awhile and keep on having issues. I'm on a Win 10 Pro version 1703 (Creator's Update) and have Rig Manager v2.1.26.13232 installed. When launch Rig Manager, I get the following screen asking if I want to install the latest update:

-----------------------

About Rig Manager 2.1

Features and changes in this version (2.1.40):
    - Improved driver (macOS and Windows)
    - Fixed: Cabinet editable after copying Direct Amp profiles
    - Fixed: Favorites gone after restoring backup and restarting Rig Manager
    - Fixed: Occasional failure on updating Profiler Software (macOS only)
    - Fixed: Crash when disconnecting Profiler during Software Update
    - Changed: Search text cleared when switching between Rigs and Performances
    Features and changes in this version (2.1.26):
    - Fixed: Installation failed on certain Windows systems
    - Fixed: Wrong order of folders in macOS 10.13
    - Fixed: Occasional crash when restoring backup (Windows only)
    - Added: Instrument type "Acoustic"

---------------------

When I click Install Update, it downloads but when the Windows Installer runs, I get the following window pop up with only an OK button:

---------------------

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.15063.0
    msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]
    Install Options
    </package | /i> <Product.msi>
    Installs or configures a product
    /a <Product.msi>
    Administrative install - Installs a product on the network
    /j<u|m> <Product.msi> [/t <Transform List>] [/g <Language ID>]
    Advertises a product - m to all users, u to current user
    </uninstall | /x> <Product.msi | ProductCode>
    Uninstalls the product
    Display Options
    /quiet
    Quiet mode, no user interaction
    /passive
    Unattended mode - progress bar only
    /q[n|b|r|f]
    Sets user interface level
    n - No UI
    b - Basic UI
    r - Reduced UI
    f - Full UI (default)
    /help
    Help information
    Restart Options
    /norestart
    Do not restart after the installation is complete
    /promptrestart
    Prompts the user for restart if necessary
    /forcerestart
    Always restart the computer after installation
    Logging Options
    /l[i|w|e|a|r|u|c|m|o|p|v|x|+|!|*] <LogFile>
    i - Status messages
    w - Nonfatal warnings
    e - All error messages
    a - Start up of actions
    r - Action-specific records
    u - User requests
    c - Initial UI parameters
    m - Out-of-memory or fatal exit information
    o - Out-of-disk-space messages
    p - Terminal properties
    v - Verbose output
    x - Extra debugging information
    + - Append to existing log file
    ! - Flush each line to the log
    * - Log all information, except for v and x options
    /log <LogFile>
    Equivalent of /l* <LogFile>
    Update Options
    /update <Update1.msp>[;Update2.msp]
    Applies update(s)
    /uninstall <PatchCodeGuid>[;Update2.msp] /package <Product.msi | ProductCode>
    Remove update(s) for a product
    Repair Options
    /f[p|e|c|m|s|o|d|a|u|v] <Product.msi | ProductCode>
    Repairs a product
    p - only if file is missing
    o - if file is missing or an older version is installed (default)
    e - if file is missing or an equal or older version is installed
    d - if file is missing or a different version is installed
    c - if file is missing or checksum does not match the calculated value
    a - forces all files to be reinstalled
    u - all required user-specific registry entries (default)
    m - all required computer-specific registry entries (default)
    s - all existing shortcuts (default)
    v - runs from source and recaches local package
    Setting Public Properties
    [PROPERTY=PropertyValue]
    Consult the Windows ® Installer SDK for additional documentation on the
    command line syntax.
    Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.

------------------

When I click on the OK button, the install just ends. Launching Rig Manager again and I get asked if I want to install the update. I done the uninstall/reinstall and that doesn't seem to work so I'm hoping I can get some help here. Thanks.

Cheers,

jayson

I have the exact same issue. Switching off the option for beta drivers freezes Rig Manager. From what it looks like, as soon as I uncheck the "Also check for Beta Releases" box and click on the OK button, a secondary window opens up in the background hidden by the Preference message box and none of the buttons work after. I have to use Task Manager to stop Rig Manager.

System info:
    Win 10 64bit Pro Anniversary Edition
    Rig Manager v1.6.39.12600
    FW 5.0.3 (last beta release which was elevated to Release)

Cheers,

jayson

For me, the lack of an editor is becoming an accessibility issue as my vision is not the best. I wear glasses to see distance but the text on the KPA screen is virtually unreadable from hand length away. So I'm force to remove my glasses and lean in to try and read the screen. With an editor, I'd be able to see thing much clearer and even adjust text size if needed. I hope Kemper is thinking about issues like this when determining future plans.

Cheers,

jayson

As other's have mention, the biggest thing I don't like about my KPA is that it has no editor software yet. And with the newly announced delays and reverbs, I can only think that some effects are going to be a paging nightmares. I do really miss the easy of use that a editor can bring. The only other thing that bothers me is the firmware upgrade procedure. I was really hoping that when Rig Manager was released it would use the same USB connection to do an update but that doesn't appear to be coming which makes me think it never will.

Still love my Kemper though so ...

Cheers,

jayson