Posts by jayson

Two reasons I'd like to see an editor.

1. Desk space. I have a basement studio as a hobby but have manage to accumulate enough gear that beginning able to take the KPA head off my desk and onto a rack shelf would be great.
    2. I have a POD HD500 so am familiar with Line6 editor and must admit that it has spoiled me to the point that the only real effect I use pre stack on the KPA is the noise gate and the occasions harmonic pitch shift. For me, it's much easier to use Line 6 Edit to click on a effect location, click on the effect type (Dist, Mod, etc) I want and then select the model (TS, dual phase, etc). Instantaneously, I can see all the controls for the effect model and can start editing.

It's interesting that CK mentions that the location of the headphone and input were changed at the last moment as it was expected that people would put the KPA on the right side of the desk (which is where mine is) and it would avoid the input messing with a mouse on a desk. I wonder if there was ever any discussion of switching the Type and Browse knobs because one thing I find problematic is that when I start thinking of adding an effect, if I move my hand over to the Type knob to select an effect type, my hand ends up blocking the panel to so I have to look around my hand to see what I am selecting. What I've learnt to do is flip my hand palms up when reaching for that knob in an attempt to get my hand out of the way of the panel. Not exactly a natural movement so like I said, I tend to use the HD500 effect pre the KPA.

Just my thoughts and hope it's taken as constructive criticism and possibly moves any future editor work up the priority ladder.

Cheers,

jayson

How about a UAD Kemper plugin? They've never been cracked. Make a version that let's you profile using the Apollo or a simple play back version for UAD card and satellite users.

Cheers,

jayson

Yeah, that pop up is getting a bit annoying especially since it pops up even after you have rated a rig. Should be optional or only come up the first time to preview the rig. If you change your mind later, you can always use Rig Manager change the rating.

Cheers,

jayson

I prefer a 5 star system when it comes to rigs in my local library or My Profiler but can understand that a simple Crowd Rating under the Rig Exchange folder is not that meaningful. Maybe by adding the number of people that rated a rig might be better.

So for example if 403 people voted on a rig and it's crowd rating is 4.65, it might be something to try out. Rig Manager would display it as:

4.65/403

Not sure how sorting would work based on my suggestion but maybe just multiplying the score with the number of votes would be a better representation of a rating.

The reason I like the star system is that it makes evaluating rigs easier for me. How I plan to use it is that for me, a 5 star will be a keeper. Store it to the KPA and done. A 4 star is also a keeper but doesn't have to be stored on the KPA. A 3 star would be like a default score. Every rig comes in as a 3 and once reviewed goes either up or down the scale. A 2 star rig would be a rig that I don't have a current use for but has potential. I'd review these rigs if something changes in my setup like getting a new guitar or updating pickups, etc. Finally, 1 stars would be trash and burn; no need to keep in local folder.

Cheers,

jayson

With tube amps you're suppose to wait at least 60 seconds before flipping the standby switch off and playing through them. See here:

http://www.fender.com/news/the-standby-switch/

I have 821 rigs (I know, I got some cleaning to do) in my KPA and mine takes 71 seconds to load. I usually turn on my PC and KPA at the same time and KPA is usually finished loading before I see the Windows desktop so, for me, it's not that bad

Cheers,

jayson

Hey Jimi,

Before you reseated the connectors, did you ever unplug the Kemper and plug it back in again? I remember reading somewhere that it was a solution for the freezing problem you described. I'm assuming you unplugged the Kemper before opening it up so maybe there wasn't a loose connection after all!

Cheers,

jayson