Posts by Oraakkeli

No problemo, criticism is always good and I can take brutal anytime, 'cause I've been listening death metal since late eighties :cursing:

To me cranked or full profiles don't sound muffled thru my RCF NX 12-sma monitor or Sennheiser headphones.
    But they're profiled with ribbon mic and are less bright than profiles with condenser mic.

There's profiles with Celestion Gold, all the combos have different alnico speakers, so I have been pretty consistent if they're all sound muffled.
    Do you think Guyatone profiles sound the same, 'cause it's one of the brightest amps in the pack.

Maybe alnico speakers and ribbon mic is just too dark for you, or maybe I like muffled sounds?

Thank you Waraba! I agree these are best with single coils, but there's few that work with les paul pretty nicely, at least with good low output PAFs.

I tried to capture the essence of the amps as best as I could. Miking those small combos is surprisingly difficult, and takes time as i'm not an expert at miking cabs, and don't have a nice studio with control room. These were all done in my small rehearsal place.
    All I can say that Kemper surely has upped my miking technique.

Greetings. Here's my small contribution to bring you the sounds of old, more or less obscure and forgotten amps.

-Dynacord Twen combo with vibrator, '69-early 70's
    -Klemt Echolette M40 Head, early point to point version circa '59-61
    -Guyatone GA-930 head with tremolo and reverb, propably early 70's
    -WEM ER-15 head, circa '65
    -Meazzi Ultrasonic Special 2x10" combo with tape delay and vibrato, early 60's
    -Meazzi Concertorama 2x10" combo, late 50's/early 60's
    -Teisco Checkmate 20 1x12" combo with tremolo and reverb, late 60's

All amps have clean, cranked, cranked+, and full profiles and brighter versions with same settings. Some amps have also other variations. Whole pack is about 70 profiles. There's also amp picture collage in the folder.

Profiles are captured with SE Electronics VR1 voodoo ribbon mic, and Behringer T-1953 pre.

All profiles found reasonable with a strat with low output Lollar pickups, and RCF NX 12-SMA monitor.
    Testing with les paul still ongoing, but cranked Teisco, Twen full 2 profiles seemed to work for me..
    You may need to lower bass with humbuckers,as these are pretty close miked, to avoid too much room reflections.

I'm new to using Dropbox, so let me know if there's problems. Download the whole pack as a zip file from the download tab on dropbox page.
    Also all feedback is appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/at5n2qkzylbo9gn/Ra7vpxd3s5#/

Minute is not nearly enough, it usually takes me about 5 minutes to get it 95-98% accurate with guitar amps.
    I normally strum chords, play single runs thruout the neck, do two string bends, and play some riffs repeatedly still it starts to sound close.
    Hardest part is miking the cab reasonably..

Here's my settings where I tried to copy the sound of old Ibanez Pue-5 pedal's warm sounding digital delay.

Mix: 48, Time: around 400ms, Ratio: 4;1, Feedback: 30%, Bandwidth: 1.5, C.Frequency: +2.0, Modulation: 0.5

and here's poor man's tape delay simulation.

Mix: 50, Time: around 450ms, Ratio: 3:4, Feedback: 40%, Bandwidth: 1.1, C.Frequency: -1.2, Modulation: 7

Added a few profiles of my small Dynacord DA16/V tube combo. It's early 60's 15W EL-84 full tube amp. All tubes are Telefunken of course.. and still has the original Elbau 8" alnico speaker.

Some harmonica players seem to like these, works nicely on guitar too.
    Works best with strat, but Les paul sounds pretty nice too.

I'm not too good at miking amps, but these came out allright.