Posts by Dlaut

I might be way off base here, as I don't know anything about writing code...but, here goes: It's possible that CK doesn't want to make the NRPN instructions public, at this time, because there are still a few isolated firmware/software issues and he doesn't want to introduce another variable into the support/problem solving process until the code is locked-down. I imagine that they have a pretty small support staff, and don't need to be trying to solve issues introduced by any 3rd party solutions....but, again, I don't know anything about this stuff. :S

I would also prefer the larger one.

One Suggestion still. Though i feel really bad about this, the trend seems to go into the direction that the controller wont have built in expression pedals. It there would be any addon expression pedals available from the manufacturer of the foot controller, could you please design the foot controller and the expression pedals in a way that you could simply attach the expression pedals to the side of the foot controller? Like with a small sliding rail at the side. This would greatly improve the stabilty on stage. I really hate the loose expression pedals on stage.

+1 to all of the above...LARGER please

Every fully grown male individual with golden ears, that really could hear the shortcomings of the present audio and sampling science and technology would expose himself to blind A/B comparisons and become really famous by showing the world that the science has overlooked something. And there are thousands of scientists (incuding me) waiting for such a case to shake the world of audio science.

CK, You're going break the stereotype of humorless Germans, if you don't try to restrain your fulllygrownmale self. :D

I really enjoy your posts; and applaud you for your attention to the website....it is, in my experience, rather unusual - but most welcome.

My personal use for the lock setting is for running a stereo loop out outboard effects. I've got a couple effects/reverb pedals that prefer to use so I run a stereo loop in the "X" slot in the effects section, activate, set it where I want it and then lock it. Now I can run my Timeline, Boomerang with every rig by stomping them on or off just like running them in any other amps effects loop.

Now, that's exactly the sort of thing I was talking about. I know it seems obvious, but it's just another example of how to use the feature that I hadn't thought of previously....Thanks for that! :thumbup:

Since most explanations cite what is written in the manual, I may ask if the explanations in the manual were not satifying, or if it's uncool to read the manual?

Well, as it turns out, I did not receive the "Basics and Profiling Guide" with my KPA (which I bought used - so it's not Kemper's fault). I read the "Reference Manual" from cover-to-cover several times and saw no mention of the "Lock" feature. Due to my own ignorance, I didn't download the "Basics..." guide, as I thought that it was merely a "Quick Start Guide", and that the "Reference Manual" would cover everything in ultimate detail....apparently not. :whistling:

So, basically, I did RTFM, but the "Manual" didn't have anything about it. :S

In any event, as this thread developed, I was hoping for unique ways that others have thought of using the feature - beyond what you have published.

BTW, I love, love, love the KPA....now, if you'd just get the editor/librarian, performance mode, etc. finished... :D

I'd like the following:

An "original" ver.1 OCD pedal

A "Carb" pedal, and from the same maker, a "Dumbell" pedal

BTW, I haven't had time to mess with new profiles (and won't for a couple of weeks), but your AC30 profiles are on my list...

Thanks for doing this! :)

Ah-ha! A more elegant way of auditioning cabs! Brilliant! :thumbup:

...and Thanks!

Lock feature locks a particular function so when you change rigs that thing won't switch for the stored rig preset. You can lock almost any setting. For example, long hold the INPUT button, set your guitar clean and distorted sense to taste, now hit the lock button. When you flip through rigs now the input sensitivity won't change. You would use this particular setting for one particular guitar.

Interesting, thanks! Here's something I didn't know: The input sensitivity changes, and is saved with the rig.

I knew this would be helpful....please keep the ideas coming. I'm sure some of the "many men" here have imagined unusual ways of employing this feature. Or, at a minimum, I'll learn of other correlations I didn't previously understand, like the "input sens.". :thumbup:

The title says it all. I'm sure I'm just being really dim here, but I just don't comprehend all of the functionality of this feature.

Perhaps this thread will become so populated with useful answers, that it will cover an entire chapter in the KPA-wiki that's recently been produced. I sincerely hope so. 8)

Thanks in advance! :)

The KPA doesn't have Tone Match....that's an Ax-Fx thing - sort of a response to Kemper's Profiling. It seems to work "ok".

You don't need to profile your own amps. There's already a library of over a thousand profiles - in all kinds of styles (heavy metal, rock, clean, etc.) - most of which are pretty darned good to amazing.

The Kemper doesn't require much, if any, tweeking to get great playable sounds. The Ax, IMO, is a wormhole in that respect.

I like to play - with great tone - I chose the Kemper, first for it's tone and feel and second for it's instantaneous gratification factor. I've had every Line 6 product ever made, tweeked them all as best I could, had pretty decent results, used them live for years, and will sell every last one of them asap. I was on the waiting list for AX-Fx, and just got my email last week. I will not be taking advantage of it - the Kemper is just too good. :D

YMMV

BTW: You can get the Ax-Fx with a 2-week approval period, and buy the Kemper at Sweetwater with a 30 day approval period. Why not just try both and return the one you don't like? It seems to take less than a month to get "the email" from Fractal, so your gratification shouldn't be long in coming. I'd wait until I got the email, order it and the Kemper at the same time (at the beginning of your credit card billing cycle, that way you'd only have to worry about one on your credit card bill). :whistling:

I've got to say that even if there were never any more free rigs - which I don't think will be the case - I feel that I could be blissfully happy for a good long time. The entire box-'o-rock is amazing, and I can't imagine ever running out of tones to play with.

Lucky, if I remember correctly, you posted on another thread that you just used the KPA for the first time at a gig last night....and it went really well. What sounds did you feel you were lacking? ?(

I haven't bought any of Andy's rigs....yet. But, I reserve the right to do so in the future. Five pounds?....are you serious?....that's dirt cheap! You paid way more than that for all of the amps you're getting ready to sell because the KPA's so good, just as it is. :)

Now, extended features from CK....that's a different story, and I feel sure we'll get plenty of those for free for a really long time (and I have a list :D ).