Posts by Dlaut

This is a repeat request (by me) from another thread. I was asking for someone to profile the following "Tone Match" patches from an Af-Fx II:

On this website: http://tylergrund.com/axefx2.html The SRV_Voodoo_1.0 patch and the SRV_1.0 patch

Here's those patches: SRV_1.0_tylergrund.syx SRV_Voodoo_1.0_tylergrund.syx

Here's a demo of the VooDoo Chile patch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8p-jbNTRu4

Last final patch is a tone match of Joe Bonamassa's rig:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthr…t=bonamassa%27s

Here's the
    Messa Bonna.syx link

Thanks in advance! (If you can and feel like doing it)
    :)

I think you'll find these could work for you if someone was willing to do it........

In that case i'll see what I can do. my two bass rigs are Ampeg 4x10 and Mesa 6x10. Should be interesting to say the least. I'll step it up and try to get a few rigs by this weekend!

Did you have a chance to do these and I just missed them?

You want Rig up/down (relative) by midi?

I'd like it...there are so many excellent profiles that my eyes are going bad from reading the little letters on the display, and my back is sore from bending over to read it. 8o To just be able to scroll through via midi, and then save the snapshot (of "the best of") would really help audition the rigs more efficiently. :thumbup:

It's called "an Abundance of Riches". :D

BTW, CK, what are you doing reading the forum on "holiday"?

First off, this is a great idea! I've used the search function several times; but if I don't remember the terms used exactly, I get useless or no results. The FAQ section would be terrific. :thumbup:

I'm borrowing my bros II next week. I'm going to do some profiles.....doubt I will do 40 though.... :rolleyes: :D

If I may, I'd like to request 3.

On this website: http://tylergrund.com/axefx2.html The SRV_Voodoo_1.0 patch and the SRV_1.0 patch
    Here's those patches: SRV_1.0_tylergrund.syx SRV_Voodoo_1.0_tylergrund.syx

Here's a demo of the VooDoo Chile patch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8p-jbNTRu4

Last final patch is a tone match of Joe Bonamassa's rig: http://www.thegearpage.net/boa…9&highlight=bonamassa%27s

Here's the Messa Bonna.syx link

Thanks in advance! (If you can and feel like doing it) :)

I'm planning on doing a session with my Mesa mPulse> Ampeg 4x14 & Ampeg 1x15
    I have a few decent mics to use as well, a 57, a condenser, a ribbon
    Live it's a fantastic inspirational tone...let's see if I can do it any justice...probably in the next week

Thanks in advance!

I'm going to do a Carvin BX1500 as well as a SWR 700 (pre-fender) tube head. Haven't gotten to them yet but will do soon. Any interest?

Absolutely...and Thanks!

BTW, please post when you've uploaded them, as I'm try to kick the habit of looking for new rigs every hour. :whistling: :D

I'm going to hazard a guess that CK & Company were caught totally by surprise by the number of user generated profiles. I'm willing to bet that they felt they had more time before the number of profiles became so overwhelming. It would be interesting to know how many (or how few) programmers they have on staff to implement all of the features, etc. we'd like to see. I don't imagine that Kemper is a very large operation....but, I really like what they've done so far.

I think the idea of using the "snapshot" function to reserve profiles that you'd like to keep safe, while purging everything else would be an excellent short-term solution.

I guess those that have never used, or do not use more than 1 delay dont get it. You do not get the same effect using only one delay as you can with multiple delays set at different times running into each other. One of my few gripes about the Kemper. I have to carry an external delay pedal to get what I want. I dislike this very much, but theres nothing I can do about it. I too would love for the ability to assign another delay to a stomp button and run 2 at the same time. I dont know if the existing dsp has the power to do that though or if it is even possible. Many current modelers allow this. All the way down to the cheap Zoom G3. Being in a worship, having to create alot of ethereal sounds, the 1 delay does not cut it for me.

I'd have to say that I agree with all of the above, but (and it's a big but) the thing sounds so stinkin' good that - if I have to - I will cope with it. BTW, I use it in a worship setting too. 8)

I cannot reproduce the crackles in any version. Do you record thru Spdif?
    Does it crackle when you play guitar?
    Anyone else have crackles?

CK,

I'm not sophisticated enough to notice these artifacts - I just love your creation. I just wanted to give you some encouragement.

I also wanted to thank you for spending as much time as you do on these forums, following up personally on issues. This is very reassuring and to be commended! :thumbup:

In terms of physical geometry, is there any interest for the Gordius "Little Giant" style (hoping it's not patented). I really like the way it takes up relatively little floor space, and there seems to be less likelyhood of hitting the wrong switch.

With a pedal like that, I wouldn't care which level the rigs/stomps were on. But otherwise, I'd prefer the rigs on the bottom.

So let's say I play the Kemper through RCF monitors ( which I do) ,tell me exactly how you would procede cause I'm still not sure..sorry it's late here :)

You would hook up the Kemper just the same as if you were profiling a guitar amp (including a mic on the RCF), except that you have already selected a "rig" to play through. The difference - if it were programed to do this - is that you would go through a "Re-Profiling" process where the KPA would compare the existing rig profile to what's coming out of the RCF and apply a corrective curve to the profile to "adjust" the selected rig (the ideal sound according to the KPA) to the *new reality* of what is coming through the RCF.

Now, RCF speakers are pretty flat to begin with, so the corrective curve would be more subtle. There are many other speakers (and amp combinations) where that is not so much the case. And, it's not the case at all with regular guitar amps that some are forced to use - say on "fly dates" where your normal equipment package is inconvenient or impractical to bring along.

What ever you intend to play the KPA through (unless it's headphones).

In industrial process design it's called a "feedback loop". It ensures that the output of a process equals a known standard (in this case, the original, saved rig profile) - otherwise adjusting the input (or other process factors) to cause the output to match.

I'm not sure that you could make a crappy FRFR sound perfect, but the KPA could impose - dare I say it - a "Tone Match" using the original profile as a reference. Therefore, the actual amp and speaker being used for playback would be of much less consequence.

This "Re-Profile" would only have to be done once for each external amplification setup, and then saved for future use.

I see many people debating the merits of various FRFR speakers, and even external amps. This process could level the playing field. It would seem to be of even greater help when, as luck would have it, you were forced to play through a "normal guitar amp that had no external loop.