Posts by Dlaut

The MB 50/50 will color the sound significantly. If you must go with tubes, try the Peavey 50/50....I know, who would think it would be better, but it is. It uses EL84 output tubes, and it is much clearer and more articulate than the MB.

He plays in a Smiths tribute band and an REM tribute band. He has been resistant to trying the Kemper, but the recent video from @jemdave13 has gotten his attention.

He wants to come over and check out some rigs that would work for covering these two groups. I am not that familiar with the music, so I need some help.

Can you suggest some profiles and effects that would satisfy a true tube snob, tone geek? Entire rigs would be even better. ;)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ive had Line 6 and Fractal gear that allowed for dual amps and found it more of a gimmick than a really usable feature. Its a lot of tweaking/matching and mucking around for not much benefit IMO.

I would rather see better overdrives/reverbs as a priority and then maybe an editor (if only to save wear on the rotary knobs).
    cheers

Agreed - However, if I could morph between two different profiles and effects settings..... ;)

The only way to reach a lower price point would be to move the fabrication out of Germany to a country where the labor costs are lower.

I think it will happen in order to stay competitive.

I am cautiously optimistic. It's NAMM. They've had something significant (or several things) every year - that's HOW they drive sales.

CK is a very smart and (unexpectedly-hey, he's German ;):D ) funny person. He has spoken to me, at length and surprisingly honestly, about many things that have to be done to improve the product, it's marketability, and continue it's trajectory. I never felt like I was listening to a salesman, rather a smart, impassioned engineer who was looking at the real world and what he needed to do to make the Profiler excel in it.

BTW, he could have blown me off like most people at NAMM do when they see that you're not a buyer; but he didn't. For my part, I haven't betrayed things spoken of in confidence. I can't go to NAMM this year, so I will wait on the sidelines like everyone else and see what develops. Like I said, I am optimistic. 8)

Clips tonight maybe, but until then...
    [Blocked Image: http://i63.tinypic.com/2iizlgl.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i68.tinypic.com/6hnog2.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i68.tinypic.com/29o62wj.jpg]

Hey Sam, I'm not usually a fan of eclectically shaped guitars.....but, I will make an exception for that one! And, it has my favorite pickup combination.

Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Now, tell me about that bridge - I'm not familiar with those. What are it's unique attributes?

My humble guess is that there are some significant changes on the horizon for the KPA. Rather than have to re-work an editor (and the inherent issues of a first release) to accommodate a software release that has foundational changes, they've decided to wait until the software/firmware has stabilized with the new features and then release the editor.

As it is, they have to track changes in the Kemper and the Rig Manager. Adding a third "moving target" (the editor) would only increase support overhead and customer dissatisfaction.

Let's say, for argument's sake, that they announce a floorboard version (i.e. Helix). Any editor would have to support both hardware platforms. And, if they announce that, it would likely have a different processor, AD/DA, etc. to keep the chips from being obsoleted by the supplier into the future.

From conversations at NAMM 2016, I think many will be stunned at some of the things in the pipeline (the fertile mind of CK). I won't say more than that - not trying to be clever or exclusive, just wanting to be respectful of things said in confidence (and which may have changed drastically in the last 2-years).

Ok, I checked the tuner switch configuration and it is marked correctly. I am at a loss here. It's like the switch has become defective....but that would be very surprising considering how little use it's had compared to the other switches.

I haven't used mu KPA in about a month. The last time I used it, the tuner footswitch functioned perfectly. Now, it doesn't do anything. I can turn the chicken head knob on the Profiler, and I can still tune....but the switch on the remote has become non responsive. Interestingly, the little tuning LEDs below the switch do seem to function correctly.

BTW, all of the other functions seem to work just fine, and I did try reseating the connectors.

The KPA isn't at home now - it's at church - so I can't look to see which firmware is loaded. However, its an older release version....probably the first full release after the new delays.

Any help is appreciated.

Merry Christmas!

So, a number of posts back:

I tried this last Sunday, and BINGO! What a wonderful improvement. I just kept my guitar centered and panned the other instruments and voices. I had always know that this could be done on the AH ME-1, but never bothered to try it...lazy, I guess. Anyway, I have high quality in-ears, 64Audio, and now I am really happy with the whole IEM experience. So, Thank you @JohnL1974!