Posts by Webb

I like that. Thanks a lot. I think I'll be renaming the files before I import them from now on.

That might work but I've never tried renaming profiles before importing them. I was talking about renaming from the front panel of the KPA itself after they are imported. Press "Store" and you'll be presented with a few options, including rename.

I see that the original product name has been abbreviated to "AFUM" and thrown in with the rest. Just what I don't need. Now I have to keep a typed list on my computer to remind me of which is commercial, non-commercial, and Rig Exchange.

You know you can rename the profile if you want, right? Add a "C" for commercial or whatever preface you like to separate them.

Also, I have Rig Manager working great on my Mac with Parallels and Windows 7. It's works wonders for organizing profiles.

Meambobbo - thanks for figuring this out. I finally got a chance to try your suggestion and I was able to import them with no problem. It was driving me crazy, so thanks again!

I've had zero experience with studio monitors before purchasing the Kemper. The only reason I bought them to use with the Kemper is they were recommended by so many people. I thought my question about the possible harm to the speakers was reasonable. Now I know. Thanks.

Just don't crank your monitors up excessively loud and you'll be good.

You need USB for communication between the KPA and computer. Audio is handled through the usual methods (XLR, S/PDIF, etc).

Maybe you guys who are disappointed are expecting a little too much from an early beta, but I'm extremely pleased with the current functionality of Rig Manager. It allows me to easily navigate and audition profiles without the need to actually load them on the KPA. I love the time-saving aspect and find this alone to be worth the price of admission (ie: free).

I still cannot import the Tills Chimera rigs. I made sure I was only selecting the actual rigs (no cabs) and tried drag n drop and File -> Import. Doesn't matter whether I select one rig or the entire folder. I can load them from a USB stick in the Kemper itself no problem, but for whatever reason they will not go into Rig Manager. Closed - reopened - rebooted - etc... Nothing seems to work. Mac 10.8.4 -> Parallels 7 -> Windows 7 64-bit.

Been using Rig Manager today on my Mac through Parallels -> Windows 7. What an absolute treat it is to use! Most things are working flawlessly for me, however, for some reason I cannot import Tills profiles. I tried "file - import" as well as drag and drop and they don't show up. Also tried to create a separate folder under Local Library and after trying to import them to that folder, it shows 0 rigs. Strange because I've imported a bunch of other profiles to folders I created under Local Library and everything else worked fine.

Anyone else experience this? Or have an idea of what's causing it?

Thanks, and I know I'm frustrated. I've downloaded both manuals, and really there isn't much info about this, which I think should be explained better by CK. when I bought the "stick" all they had were 8GB units, so I got that one, reading on this forum that 1GB's were sufficient . I think I got the KPA to format, but I get no reaction on the Windows 7 OS puter. I don't have another puter to try so I'm stuck with the one I have.

When you say you get no reaction on the computer, what kind of reaction are you expecting? It's not really supposed to do anything. Forgive me if this is basic computer 101, but did you navigate to the flash drive folder on your computer? Open that and you should see 3 folders that the KPA created...I think they are Backup, OS, and Shared. What happens when you open the folder? If they are there, you're good to go. Or are you saying the computer doesn't recognize the drive at all?