Posts by Webb

Well I got a reply from support and it's not good. Here is what they said:

>>unfortunately your unit needs repair. In the best case it's a battery problem, but could also be an issue with the quarz of the clock. The clock is important because all rig and preset names are enhanced with a time stamp on file system level. This way the file system makes sure, that each file gets a unique name, because you could give two rigs the same name e. g. 'Max'. If the clock isn't running two files could have exactly the same name and this could cause data intergritiy issues. While you are still working with your Profiler please takle care and assign unique names, if you store anything. Sorry again for the bad news and the inconvenience!

With progress of the firmware revisions, more checks are implemented. In this case, probably the battery in the panel is misplaced or broken. You should definitely contact support about it.
    Timo

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to contact support yet, but I will shortly. The weird thing is that my KPA is still functioning as usual, but I get that message everytime at start-up. I just click ok, and continue on as if nothing is wrong. Wondering if it's worth a return if it's only the clock that is malfunctioning?

So I just updated to the 1.1.1 beta and after it rebooted, I got a message that reads: "Hardware Issue detected - Date/Time Clock failed. please contact support".

It's kind of weird because I have noticed in the past that the date and time is never correct. I set it to the correct date/time, then the next day it's wrong again. Has anyone seen this message before?

I don´t know Pro Tools, but in Cubase you need to create an additional outbus bus. This reamping output bus must be connected to the physical SPDIF output. Now you put the dry guitar track on the reamping output bus. In the KPA, go to the input section and select SPDIF as input. This should be all. Now the KPA should get the dry input and start playing back your dry track with the sound of the selected rig. Record the output of the KPA onto another track and you´re done.

Thanks for this. I was missing the "go to the input section and select SPDIF as input". I really should read the manual. But all is working now! Thanks again.

Could someone walk me through the process of reamping with the KPA? Right now I'm connected via S/PDIF in and out to my RME Fireface 800. I recorded a dry and a processed track in Pro Tools 10...now I want to send the dry track back through the KPA but not quite sure how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

And you are running 1.1.1?

Are you using high gain rigs and editing the FX on them? It seems that the problem is showing up when I start editing the FX on a few rigs I use a lot....

My fault. I'm still on 1.1.0. It's been so solid for me I haven't updated to the beta yet.

I'll give it a try and see what happens. I mainly play high gain rigs but generally use little to no effects.

Two things to try.

Connect the KPA outs directly to your monitors.

Plug in headphones to the KPA.

If you get sound in the above scenarios, then it's most likely a monitoring issue with your interface. I have a Fireface 800 and need to set direct monitoring in the TotalMix software mixer. Otherwise, you have to open up your DAW program of choice and arm the track to record in order to hear the output.