Posts by Webb

A shop in Singapore who is a friend of mine so i dont feel comfortable sharing their store or identities.

So what is your dealer "friend" doing to resolve the situation?? If I bought a defective unit (regardless of manufacturer) within a reasonable amount of time (generally 30 days), I would return it to the dealer where I purchased it and exchange it for a new one. No if's, and's, or but's. Have your friend make it right and he can deal with Kemper regarding the defective unit.

I would absolutely not settle for that nonsense. It's the dealers responsibility to replace your faulty unit with a brand new one....and you should accept nothing less. Who did you purchase it from?

For sure the Profiler is made to play thru a stereo.
    What is the difference between a stereo and FRFR?

Seriously?? Maybe we have a different understanding of what actually constitutes a home stereo, but I have never heard of anyone claiming them as FRFR. There are so many variables, especially in regard to the speakers that come with typical consumer-level systems. Most hi-fi systems that I've heard seem to emphasize the smiley face eq.

I think if their truly was no difference, everyone would just run their modelers/profilers through their Sony hi-fi system instead of spending hundreds, even thousands, on true FRFR.

Kinda unrelated but mine won't even turn on it seems unless the 2 XLR main output jacks are connected to my firewire interface. If I just plug the power cable in and nothing else, when I turn the power knob, nothing happens.

Is this normal? I'm curious because I'm wanting to not HAVE to use my firewire unit if I don't have to. I'd prefer to just connect my 2 monitors to the kemper and let that be that but it won't power on this way :/

That is definitely NOT normal. You do not need to be connected to an interface to use the KPA. I use it all the time just connected to my monitors. So something else is going on. I would contact support.

So what do I need to do to get that price? And is it for a brand new kemper and not B-stock or something? Never shopped at ZZounds before. Thanks

If you sign up for their email mailing list and then unsubscribe, they'll send you a discount code to re-subscribe. When I did it, the discount was 20%. Got a brand new (non-B stock) Kemper for $1,480.

However, I understand that the discount is now down to 10%. I guess so many people were taking advantage of the offer, they had to reduce the discount.

Hey bro - don't take this the wrong way, but I think you need to profile everything again. At least to my ears, the profiles seem very cloudy/muffled. Wish some eq tweaking I could get a great sound, but I think the source profile could use some cleaning up.

I'm not sure what others will say, but out of the box - I think your profiles are a bit muddy compared to others.

I haven't profiled anything, so I'm not the best to give you advice on how to do it. I'm just a dumb guitarist who plays other peoples profiles :D

Thanks for the honest assessment. I'll take a listen with fresh ears tomorrow and hopefully I can improve upon these. I went through mutiple mic positions and these were the ones I thought sounded the best. I actually did find I needed to tweak the eq to bump the treble up a bit on the SM7 versions, but wanted to post the raw, unedited amp profile as it came out.

I have some decent equipment but lack a little experience when it comes to micing an amp. Just hoping to learn a little bit from the masters here. Back to the drawing board I go...

Hey guys, just did my first profiles of my 5150 Signature model and uploaded them to the Rig Exchange. I took 4 profiles with the following configurations:

Green Channel with an SM7b -> Great River preamp
    Green Channel with a Cascade Fathead -> Great River preamp

Red Channel with an SM7b -> Great River preamp
    Red Channel with a Cascade Fathead ribbon mic -> Great River preamp

I've only had the KPA for a little over a month so I'm still learning my way around. Any feedback/constructive criticism would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Just got my KPA a few weeks ago and so far I've been thoroughly enjoying the profiles I've tried from other users. However, over the next week or so I plan to profile a couple of my amps. Are most people using the built in mic preamp in the Kemper when taking their profiles? And would there be a significant improvement with a higher end pre...something like a Great River ME-1NV which I currently have?

Of course, I know I need to try it for myself. But this question is purely for discussion purposes until I actually have a chance to compare the two. Anyone using an external pre with the KPA?

This section as i understand it is for profile/rig exchanges between members its highly doubtful it was intended as a 'profiles for sale platform' I personally wish people would stop posting for sale profiles here . Maybe Christoph could add a For sale section to the forum for this kind of stuff.

I agree. I understand you want to be compensated for your work, but this section is called "Rig and Profile Exchange". I wholeheartedly agree with giving donations for someones time and contributions, but commercial advertising should be done elsewhere.

This is not working for me. I tweaked a profile and stored the snapshot. But when I press the Quick button, I just get a screen that has "Device Information". How do I navigate my Snapshots?

This has Less reverb and less effects general, (apart from the ones that are designed to have them) - Its the physical amps that have been tweeked to sound better/bigger/stronger and less muddy, like the RAW versions can. - But bearing in mind, that these are setup for me, no pressure to use them, you still have the RAW ones you can go back to and tweek.

The reverb was too much on the first pack.. but thats easily fixed anyway. as reverb is so personal to people. and delay of course.

Thanks Andy. Looking forward to trying them.

Question - how are the effects dialed in on this new pack? I love the amp tones from the first pack but found the effects were too over the top. Not trying to nitpick and I know it's a matter of individual taste, but it seems like most rigs from the first collection were drowned in a wash of reverb and ping pong delay. Not a big deal as it's the amp profile that matters most and tweaking only takes seconds, but I was just curious.