Posts by Webb

Most of my CCV profiles thus far have been dual mic'd with an SM57 and Royer R121. I recently incorporated a Dynamount robotic mic stand in my studio and have been testing various positions with the 57 alone. It's pretty convenient to be able to control the positioning of the mic from the comfort of my desk. I generally work alone so it's always been a lot of up and down, back and forth, and trial and error when micing my cabinets.

I've also been experimenting with some different things to get the low end right. Here is a sample of a high gain CCV profile through a Friedman cab with a single SM57 on the Greenback speaker. Would love some thoughts as to the balance between the highs and lows.

The profile was not tweaked at all post profiling (definition came out set at 10). The guitar I used to refine and test is a Gibson Les Paul Standard with Suhr Aldrich pickups. Sounds huge through my CLR but would love some opinions with other setups. Thanks in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1zg…1-13%2011-49-11.kipr?dl=0

I don't have the Scarlett but definitely don't plug your monitors into the front XLR's. Those are inputs. You want to connect your monitors to the 1/4" line outputs on back of the Scarlett.

You can definitely eq the signal prior to profiling but I think a better option would be to experiment with mic placement first. You can easily tame the harsh frequencies by moving the mic further away from the cap.

You should be able to just double click on a rig in Rig Manager and it will load into the Kemper’s buffer. If you want it saved on the KPA itself you can then press “Store”.

No, it's not apparently. Not a load box at all. For one thing, the impedance of the provided amps is matches to the actual models. That's pretty cool Imo. Did you hear the Sweetwater demo? Killer!

It is a load box with built in cabinet IR’s, similar to the Two Notes Live/Studio. You pair it with a tube amp for silent recording or to send the signal to FOH for live use. Not sure where you’re seeing it comes with “provided amps” as my understanding is it only provides mic and cab emulations, not actual amp models.

Appreciate the feedback. And just to clarify....did you have a chance to try the 3 profiles from 12/7? I need to do a better job naming the profiles because it's hard to keep track. I thought earlier you said 01b from 12/4 had much better balance than the others. Above indicates otherwise so I wasn't sure if you had a chance to compare.

Thanks again!

Not getting quite the response I had hoped for so maybe the profiles suck and no one wants to tell me or they are so good that people can’t stop playing long enough to post? :D

I tried to create a poll so people could vote anonymously but it doesn't look like that's an option on this forum. Oh well. Anyway, my ears are ringing from another profiling session so here are 3 more CCV profiles for anyone interested...all at a similar gain settings through the same Friedman cab. 2 of the profiles use an API mic pre and the other is a 1073. Constructive criticism welcomed.

Profiles can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f30…LHjsBHgje6dWIXrg25xa?dl=0

Also, if anyone is up for testing more profiles with a wider range of amp/gain settings and can record audio and/or video clips, please let me know and I'll send them your way.

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Awesome, glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback.

I did another round of profiling my Cameron CCV100 and could use some fresh ears to give it a try.

High gain settings profiled through a Friedman 4x12 with an SM57 and Royer 121 mix on a Celestion Greenback speaker. EQ engaged in the X slot adds a little bite but please try it with and without.

I'd love some feedback on it so if you get a chance please give it a try and let me know your thoughts...good or bad.

Thanks!

Edit: Added 2 other profiles with slight changes to mic placement. Please let me know which one you prefer. All 3 profiles can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bny…-xV1OeUz1aw0jJguqNYa?dl=0