Posts by Webb

Has anyone used the OH studio mix collection with a MAC. The folder file structure is deep and does not appear to offer a quick profile with amp/spk/cab/mic for ease of enjoyment. I was hoping that I could move at least one complete profile, transfer with Cab Maker and load in KPA. My main issue with selecting each part would be doing it correct in Cab Maker so that once I use my stick drive in KPA it works! Either way, if anyone has got this down that would be great...I hear the OH IRs are great.

Richie

Ownhammer are cabinet IR’s only. There is no “complete profile” to load in the Kemper. You use them to replace the cabinet in an existing studio profile or with a DI profile in the KPA.

It's all good guys. I'm very much open to constructive criticism. Good or bad...I don't get offended easily. I'm obviously a fan of Mark's amps as I have a Cameron Aldrich and CCV currently and also had an Atomica in the past. Great amps that are not easy to come by. But the beauty of the Kemper is that people who may have never played one now get to experience a taste of it...so I'm all for more Cameron profiles (free or commercial).

I did just retube my Aldrich with a matched set of Winged C's and NOS preamp tubes that I got from psychodave over on the Rig Talk forums. The amp sounds better now than ever and I plan on going back and making new profiles when I get a chance. Right now I'm working on a CCV pack that is sounding killer! It's gotten some pretty high praise from a few who have been testing them for me.

Here is a quick mix test I did using one of my CCV profiles mic'ed with dual 57's through a Bogner 4x12 with V30's. No post processing at all on the guitars.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If your amp is in the same room as your Kemper & CLR, you should turn the CLR off during the profiling process to minimize bleed into the mic. Best case scenario would be to isolate your amp/speaker cabinet in a separate room while profiling. If that's not possible you should wear headphones.

I'm torn between a & b. Both great, but if I had to make a Sophie's Choice I'd go with a.

Doesn't really matter though, your CCV profiles blow away pretty much everything else in my Kemper.

Thanks!!!

Wow, thanks man! Appreciate the compliment. Glad you're enjoying the profiles.

hi & thx for the new batch , got some love for the T1b, perfect for heavy riffs & PM on my jackson

Here is a short clip (no tweaks or post EQ , but a tad of chorus on the last bits)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds great. Thanks for the clip.

Hey John, the actual Aldrich amp cleans up slightly better than the profiles but still not to the extent of some of my other amps (Cameron CCV, Wizard MCII, etc). As I mentioned before, it's kind of a one-trick pony. I'm also using a guitar with higher output pickups so maybe something like a Strat would work better when rolling the volume knob back.

On my Sony headphones I definetely liked the Cameron one better, it had less fizz and a bit more low mids. In the car (where I like to evaulate sounds because it's familiar and I don't prefer headphones these days), I would say the Cameron still edges yours out by a bit for the same reasons. However, they are very close, and it comes down to does someone want a little more high end or a little more low mids... Either way, I really like all of your Cameron and Aldrich profiles and I play them as much as any purchased profile. For $5 i'd defintely buy the Cameron profile (singular) and maybe even $10...but not $40. I'm really after that Dokken/80's sound I hear in my head (which isn't always what i hear when i go back and listen to the albums :) But the sound is what i heard from some old Cameron CCV Youtube clips or Mark Day's Friedman clips on youtube.

Thanks for the feedback. I think my clip was using the T2 DI profile from 5/7. It has a bit more high end than the others. But now I find myself going back to the first one I posted (Aldrich 5/6 01 DI) as I think it sounds a little more balanced. I may try to reamp the above clip using that one to see how it sounds in the mix. Also, I plan on making a few more profiles of the Aldrich with different EQ settings and a bit less gain. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

In the end it's a matter of personal preference I suppose, but I like the clarity of yours much more. It still has some of those fizzy static mutes, but less than the Cameron upon being less saturated. Articulation over gain is optimal for my tastes.

Also, this is an honest, sincere opinion. Some, including Jason himself, might think that I'm just trying to say Webb's is better because of Cameron's thread, which isn't the case.

Thanks. I think they're both usable but I do hear a boominess in the Cameron profile that seems to be baked in. Obviously I might be a bit biased but I don't care either way. Whether someone likes my free profile or the $40 profile comes down to personal preference.

I concur.
    However, it would be interesting to see how each profile reacts to EQ and gain changes on the kemper. After all, this has been one of the selling points of the "official" cameron profile.

I haven't tried adjusting the profile's gain level directly on the Kemper because then you're getting away from the actual amp's gain structure. I will say that I don't think either profile cleans up that well with the guitar's volume knob, which was one of the selling points of the Cameron.

I had a chance to do a quick test mix comparing my Aldrich profile to the Official Cameron profile. Tried to make all things equal - 2 guitar tracks left and right reaamped straight through the Kemper. Both use the same Ownhammer IR with no added EQ or post processing.

Mine -

Cameron -

Thoughts welcomed.

Well curiosity got the best of me...

I bought the $40 Aldrich DI profile. I have some initial thoughts but first I'd like to record a comparison demo between mine and Mark's. I'll be out of town for a few days later this week so I may not get to it until sometime next week, but I'll definitely throw up a link here once it's done.