Posts by Stratosphere

I am out.

To you who are saying can you borrow my car and use all my petrol, yes if i tell you thats what you can do and suddenly tell you to pay after I flip flop when you return my car.

By the way I do not use any of his profiles. Free or not.

To the guy on the other site suggesting I steal music and am a low life, I dont know what to say. Destroy my character and spread your lies. Goodbye Im lost to this community.

Richie

hey hoth, zappledan and others who dont agree with what ive been posting about. I do agree with you about and44s freedom to do whatever he likes in this, his profiles, his time, his business. But at the same time i feel that this is the kemper forum and profile exchange section not the side business forum and sales section. And i feel i should stand up for what i hope will help us all and belieive in. Im not posting to upset anyone but to try and improve it for all. I worry that this belief that you can buy the best rather than work on your own profiles will kill the rig and profile exchange.

I really dont want to post anymore if it will just upset the majority so I will butt out and wish you all the best including and44. It is incredibly difficult to express disagreement here without what has obviously come across as amnosity. I was wanting the best for the most rather than the few. sorry.

unfortunately lucky i agree with you and its the biggest downer having only had the kemper for a week and a half. I bought into the community thing so i guess more fool me eh.

Hi stevoe,

I think when you close mic the cab speaker you get much more the tone of the speaker than the cab. So what you're hearing in the room is the effect of everything in the room and your amp interacting, whereas the mic is like having ear right up against the speaker. So a 410 cab will sound closer to a 110 cab close miced than in the room I think. I'm not sure if the kemper can capture the room sound as it would need to capture a much longer piece of information, like a reverb convolution.

I have noticed that fuzz pedals like fuzz faces, octavers dont capture well either, which I think might be due to the spluttering and gating effects not being part of the programming to listen and produce.

Richie

Glad you posted this jeepster :thumbup: . Was starting to look very corporate clique tm., until you posted.

I wholeheartedly agree.

What some people are saying is getting right up my nose about the "pro" profiles and really putting down what people had also spent their time and money on ie the profiles shared. Ive been trying to bite my tongue not to reply to the corporate greed posts about paying necessarily means better etc. Some have seemed quite rude to any with a different view. It seems to me if we share what we can afford to share some will always afford more and some less doesnt mean in comparison its not the same effort though, just different resources.

Also agree professor tweed most of my favourite profiles have been openly shared or factory. I think its a bit of a knock on Mr Kemper to suggest that his profiles are not up to much, cause with the right tweeking they are as good as others.

Thanks lucky, mh, glad you find in useful.

Bill, its kind of stock in the pre amp maybe a little extra gain on the treble channel, its all point to point on the switches, sockets and pots with a turret board for the main circuitry.

Its running jj el34s and ecc33s in the power and pre respectively. the power amp and power supply is where most of the modding is. it has a gz34 rectifier tube and is swtichable between tube or silicon rectification (was in silicon rectification mode for the profiles as the higher plate voltage makes it warmer and at the same time focuses this amp i feel) 45w to 50w. The amp also has a switchable feedback loop from original jtm to higher or lower for a different compression and damping feel( i think the feedback was set low when profiled).

I really like this amp and think the kemper does it justice. Does killer cleans to jimi style classic rock without a pedal imo, even a little acdc at highest gain.

Hope that helps

Richie

Cheers
    Richie

Just for the record I'm not a member of the blue oyster cult but I also dont fear the reaper.

Stevoe I saw you posted wanting a tt profile hope it was what you were looking for.

Glad some liked the profiles. I'm glad to share and feel that is the strongest part of the kemper profiling amp (us as artists sharing) . I dont really understand keeping tones to yourself (the special part imo is what you do with them) and trying to charge seems to go against the biggest strength of the community. I guess someone will eventually try and charge me for the air I breathe.

When I have improved recording equipment and new amps I will share also.

Take it easy

Richie

Hi,

Im new here, only had my kemper for a few days, I thought I would upload some profiles for you all in the rig exchange.

An Engl Screamer 50 112 combo clean, lead and hi gain lead channels
    A Cornford MK50IIH into a Cornford 412 cab clean , dirty and dirty od channels
    An Orange Tiny Terror Into a PPC112 Clean and a couple of different gain levels (noticed someone was looking for a tt profile hope this helps).

All recorded with an sm57 in the live room of my two room studio set up,

Also I have a jtm45 head wired by myself so will be profiling that soon and maybe with some pedals.

Id be interested in any feedback, hope you enjoy.

Richie