Posts by ad30tc

If I understood You propose to change the desidered paramaters via NRPN keeping the same delay model.... and that's a great idea to create presets! I will try for sure.
    Only one point in Your message is not clear to me: I don't think it is necessary to sent the 0 value for the parameter You don't want to change... it should be enough to send the correct value for th parameter You intend to modify, according to the values stated in the Kemper midi documentation.
    You can also use 3 cc instead of 4 sending cc119 replacing cc06 and cc38: in this case You will send a 7 bit value NRPN.

Thank You for Your reply! My idea was to recall the different delay types with NRPN, obviously this will not be possible untill each delay will have his own value nr. assigned. I know the alternative would be to duplicate a rig with different delay models, even if I don't like that much this solution.

You could just save one Rig for each song? Or you could organize this in performance mode - but messing with the locking from MIDI during program changes etc. sounds like a recipe for mess.

Really? It does not seem a messy solution to me... at least if the user knows what he's doing.
    Using a rig per song or performance mode does not give the same results; I don't know if this request is feasible technically, but I still think that the profiler would benefit a lot in terms of flexibility from this solution.

That might not work the way you would like it to work:

if you could do that, and you unlocked the effects to use a rig with a different delay, all of that rig's effects would be locked when you locked the effects again.

Let's say I saved a preset nr. 1 with the effects I want to lock for all my rigs....If I need a different effect combination I could unlock the effects and recall the program change I need for a specific song; then I could go back to my preset nr. 1, so that all the effect I want to lock are re-loaded, and then lock again.

This can be actually done with the Kemper panel but is not practical during a live show,should it be possible with a midi pedalboard things would be much easier.

Hi, among the future upgrades of our Kemper I would love to see the possibility to control by midi the lock function at least for the effects section.
    I think this could be done using midi CC... and in my opinion this feature would make the effect management much more flexible during live shows.
    For example, with locked effects it would be possible to use program changes for different amp sounds with the same effects.... and whenever You need for instance a specifical delay, just unlock the effects section with Your midi pedalboard and recall a with program change the delay You need.
    What is Your opinion?

Hi Andy, Your profiles took the Kemper to a higer level... thank You for Your GREAT work and also for the many excellent free profiles You shared with the KPA community ! :thumbup:

Hi, I just want to share a live recording of classic purple cover with my band... Kemper direct to PA, recorded with a smartphone. Nothing technical, just as raw as a 70's hard rock cover should be ! :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi, I have exactly the same guitar - 1995 les paul standard with stock pickups.
    Impossible to say which profiles are the best, You should try them by Yourself... but I can give an idea of the one I liked more.
    For Marshall sounds my holy grail is the JTM45 from TAF, together with their JCM 800 profiles.
    As to VOX sounds one of my favourite is the profiled called "69" which is a factory profile.
    Among the latest i loved the free SPLAWN profile from Michael Wagener and and the Workshop Rig Pack from Thomas Dill that You can download from Kemper web page.
    But that's just the beginning! Choice is very hard...

Hello, I tried to re-profile my Orange AD30 Combo (twin channel version) and I uploaded on the rig exchange a profile of the channel 2 with gain at 3 o' clock (Eq at 12:00). As I'm trying to improve my profiling technique I would be very glad to get anybody's opinion or suggestions ... Thank You !! :)

Problem solved!

With the new beta 2 version of the rig manager I've been able to install correctly the kemper driver ! :thumbup:

Once more I'd really like to thank Kemper for listening to customer's requests, that's the attitude any manufacturer should have !

Andrea

Hello, I installed the rig manager in my pc (windows vista) regularly but I have an error (code 37 - Impossible to initialize the unit) during the installation of the driver. Tried uninstall/reinstall several times but the result is alway the same. Somebody has any idea on how to solve the problem? Thank You !!

This is a very good idea : be aware that as there is no naming rules for tags, if you want to find marshall jtm amps, you may have to search for rigs containing either marshall, or marsh, or mars, or marsha, or...

If you want to have a look at tags for rigs that are under rig exchange (most of them), i gave a link to
    An excel sheet in a thread called "i thought i would share 2 excel sheets"

I will try to use it on my mac
    Thanks again, laurent

Thanks to You, great job and very useful ! I'm glad You liked the idea :)

Andrea

Hi, the app will not re-write any tag; it simply does a search telling what You will find in each rig (from amp to cab to microphone used and so on, if these details are tagged in the rig).
    To make a categorization of the rigs on pc You could create for example a folder/subfolder system with the name of the amp brand/model and cut/paste the rigs found with the app from their position to the corresponding sub folder.
    To modify any tag I think it would be possible to open the rig with the KPA tag editor we discussed here in the forum

Hello, I really miss a librarian, as anyone I believe... And I need to manage easily the huge collection of rigs I downloaded and archived on my PC.

It's easy to get lost when You have thousands of rigs available.

I'm testing right now a solution who came to my mind, and that I think to be helpful to categorize and select the rigs I collected; I would like to share it with You and have Your opinion.

I downloaded and installed a free software called "Agent ransack", used to find files in a disk quickly and easily. You can find it here:

http://www.mythicsoft.com/welcome

This small software has the capability to do a search even within the CONTENT of the files, not only within the names.

For the time being I tested it with a pen drive where I exported my Kemper rigs; I found it helps a lot to make specific researches with keywords as it analizes all the tags of the rig (including comments, cabinet tags and so on).

For example, if You have rigs on PC and want to find a good marshall jtm rig,You just have to type "marshall" AND "jtm" in the file content field of the software and it will find all the rigs with these specific tags. You can therefore copy and paste them in a pendrive and import them into the kemper.

You can also use this utility to categorize and archive the rigs.

Tell me what You think... could it work at least untill a librarian will be released ?

Andrea