Posts by ad30tc

Hi, these are some of the most awesome profiles I tried since now; I liked especially the 2 settings with treble at 8 with my les paul and they are perfect for me without any tweaking. Thank You You efforts and for sharing the profiles! :)

Interested in your pedal settings as the boosted profiles still maintained the true amp character. Many times a pedal in front changes the amp character. These sounded a little brighter than the straight amp profiles, but still maintained the Orange sound with little if any coloring.

Hi, I'm glad You liked the profiles! :)

The boost was made by an Italian technician and customized under my own specifications (a tone control was added for medium frequencies) .
    It is called "black boost" built by FUZZFX, essentially a FET booster vaguely based on the Jack Orman Fet booster design;it is extremely versatile, giving You a clean boost or a treble/ bass boost effects.

As You said, in any case it does not change the tone of the amp, simply gives more "grit" or definition to Your sound according to how You set it.

From my experience, the Orange AD 30 is not an easy amp to combine with pedals; it seems to like only "transparent" pedals, while tipical distortions and overdrives seem to "fight" with the character of the amp. I even tried boutique tubescreamer based overdrives without good result.

On the contrary, in addition to the boost I used for the profiles, I also had very good sound with my Danectro CTO-1 transparent overdrive (cheap but VERY good!) and with a Behringer EQ700 (flat frequencies with level up), even if this last was a bit noisy.

Hi, Just wanted to say that I uploaded 3 new profiles of my Orange AD30 with different settings:

- Channel 2 clean
    - Channel 1 with a boost pedal (a custom made FET booster)
    - Channel 2 with the same boost

I usually prefered to push my orange with the booster to get more definition, and I think these last profiles captured very well the sound I had before buying the kemper.

Again, I will be very pleased to get Your opinions on those profiles. Thank You ! :)

Downloaded...played...well done. What were your eq settings used, and cabinet? I assume it was an Orange with V30's but wanted to confirm. If you are into requests I would like a clean of channel 2. Gain for channel 1 as you did for channel 2 and channel 2 with less gain as you did for channel 1. That gets about every portion I would typically use of the amp. I had an AD30HTC about 2-3 amps before I bought my profiler last August. Local Guitar Store that I frequent had one in, but I didn't get back in to profile it before they sold it. Many thanks for the profiles as this is one of my favorite Oranges. :thumbup:

Hi, my amp is the combo version with 2 celestion Vintage 30 speakers, and the EQ settings were: for channel 1 bass at 1 o' clock, middle at 4, treble at 3; for channel 2 bass and middle at 4 o' clock, treble at 3 o' clock. I'll surely take other profiles in the next few days, to cover the main sounds available ! :)

Hi, I just profiled my Orange AD30 combo (twin channels version) and I uploaded 3 profiles on the rig exchange:

- Orange ad30 cln1 fx Clean sound profile, channel 1 with some effects added
    - Orange ad30 crh1 fx Alway channel 1, crunch sound
    - Orange ad30 dst2 fx Profile of channel 2, distortion sound for solos

Profiles are raw, I just tweaked the definition a bit; I used a Les paul standard.

I would like to have Your comments about these profiles, they are my first ones and hope You will like them! 8)

Andrea

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have the stereo fxs engaged, main left is not the same as main mono. Is this correct?

This was also my assumption, and the reason for which I asked about the mono output.; let's wait for CK clarification anyway.

Ciao, You are right: it's a rolls midibuddy pedalboard.

Effectively, it's not pratical to control effects: there is no expression pedal and the midibuddy cannot send continuos control midi messages.

Infact, I am waiting for the dedicated Kemper footswich to replace it.

It You want to use the midibuddy only, I think the only possible solution is to store more presets with different volume and delay levels, but I repeat it is not practical.

Alternatively, I think it should be possible keep the midibuddy fro program changes and control delay level and volume with 2 expression pedals (or stereo volume pedals with TRS cables) connected to the shitch out no the back of the kemper, but I did not study yet this feature of the machine and I would risk to tell You something wrong :S

This is all possible with the firmware you are working on.

You should go stereo to the PA !

Yes, this would be the most obvious solution !

Apart from the fantastic sounds, one of the things I apreciate more of the Kemper profiler is that it has been engineered with the musician needs in mind, a really professional machine :thumbup:

Any profile available of Leslie West talent ? :)

Thank You for Your comment... I will try with a vintage marshall profile, even if I think that Leslie sound has a smoothness on the top end that I never heard from any marshall

Fantastic and unique sound anyway !!

I really love this sentence " To me a

Les Paul Junior is a tree with a microphone. " :P

:D This could be my signature from now on !!!

Yes! It takes a lot of time to try as many combinations of amp/cabs as possible, but it is absolutely worth.

I also feel I have to thank ALL the people who decided to shares their amp and cab profiles... Tylerhb for instance made a fantastic job and his cabs really bring the Kemper amp to a higher level.

I've never been so happy as now with my guitar sound ! :)

Hi, I'd really love to find a setting or a profile on the Kemper (free or even commercial) based on the sound of the great Leslie West.

I'm not talking about the fuzzy sound of "missisipi queen"... my reference would be the live album "the road goes ever on", in particular the first track "long red". I go crazy for this sound, in my opinion it's THE voice of Les Paul !

Here is a link with the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDO_H-9KVgc

The amp used should be a SUNN COLLISEUM, that was basically a PA amp.

I am aware that good part of this sound is on Leslie's fingers, but maybe some of You could give me some suggestions to get nearer to this sound? That would be my dream came true !!

Thank You! :)

Hello, during the first 3 weeks with Kemper one of the first things I did was to download new profiles of amps and cabs... and I realized that switching different cabs can make sound good almost every rig.
    Up to now one of my favourite cabs is the one by Ola Englund on his triple rectifier profile... Should be a JCM800 cab with SM57 and senheiser mic if I remember well.
    Well, I'm not into metal sounds, but to my ears this cab sounds fantastic with a lot of amp profiles, at any level of gain.
    The last discovery was when I combined this cab to Fender Concert profile by Ok strat.
    I tested it with a les paul keeping the gain very low, I saved a combination of pedals (low gain tube screamer followed by a booster) in front of the amp, tweaked a little the EQ... And it was perfect for me !!
    Very good sounding, both on cleans and distortion ! 8)

Ok, I imagined it was a matter new software release! Just needed a confirmation.

Ideally I would use the main output (unlinked from the master volume) connected to the PA, and the monitor output connected to a stage cab, this would allow me to control the volume of the stage cab indipendently and without affecting the main signal.

I will probably upgrade the Kemper software once I will found the courage to delete some of the rigs (too many!!) I collected, as the new version can give problems over 1000... I know I'll have to do this first or then :rolleyes:
    In any case, thank You Davide !

Hi, a question for Kemper experts.
    I'd like to configure the Main output to Mono but I cannot really find the option... In the reference manual they say it should be found among the MASTER option pages, but I cannot find it. Am I missing something?
    My software version is 1.1.1.7641b.
    Thank You!! :)

Andrea

Hi, for those who may be interested I'd like to share a cheap transport solution I have found.

When I bought my Kemper the shop didn't have available the original bag, so I asked them to show me a double drum pedal bag...

And it works!!

Here are some pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4937…Kemper%20bag%20opened.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/htjc…Kemper%20bag%20closed.JPG

The kemper is well protected... And as You can see on the first picture, on
    the bottom there is still some space left for my midibuddy pedalboard!

The cost of the bag was 52 Euro :)