Posts by Skebaristi

Well, if this enables recording of MIDI-wah streams, generated by analogue pedals connected to the Kemper, alongside DI tracks, it'll be what I've been asking for for 2 years, and I'll be absolutely-stoked.
    For those who haven't thought about it, it means one would be able to re-amp whilst also sending the original wah movements made during recording of the DI track.

In addition to the re-amping process, this would also help creating MIDI backing tracks controlling Kemper. I'm using Cymatic LP-16 backing track player to switch present along with the click track. If I understood correctly this new feature, you could record e.g. volume swell and lowpass pedal movements home and send that data from MIDI device to Kemper live. Earlier such volume/wah curves were needed to be created manually in DAW.

I faced this issue yesterday when trying to dial presets for my old cover band which we are playing again after few years. I need one preset which has really hard, like shutter type tremolo with max depth running on 16th notes. I noticed that it is almost impossible to get the tempo right. After some tries I can get it right, but I don't have time for that during the show. Also, if I don't get the tempo right, that hard tremolo will sound horrible :(

I never had that issue when I was using similar sound with Line 6 M13 some years ago.

@lonestargtr
    I watched your live broadcast in Facebook regarding profile sample recordings and since that I have been pressing F5 on your profile web page for a to see if the 5150 pack would show up. :D Any timeline for that? I can't wait!

I also had a volume drop (felt like input volume drop, because the guitar signal became very weak) during couple of shows after updating to 5 final release. I could not repeat the issue at home, which left with quite uncomfortable feeling to play live next time, becauce I'm not sure if it happens again or not.

It's very hard to describe the problem, when it happens during live show. I rebooted my KPA and disconnected the MIDI-signal, which comes from Cymatic LP-16 (changing presets with backing track), but I'm not sure which one of these removed the problem. When I played the set through at home with identical setup, everything worked perfectly...

You could always get a standalone wah and use it in front of the Kemper. I know this is not the best advice, i.e. "you can buy this to workaround that", but it seems like the way to get what you're looking for with the minimum of fuss.

I think there are a few users who already do this because they have a favourite wah.

One of the best things with Kemper + Remote live setup is that I don't need any extra stuff in front of the stage. I run my signal wirelessly to KPA and I only have my Remote and expression in front of me. To use standalone wah, I would need to put my wireless receiver to my pedalboard, run extra cables for signal and power -> going back to the point where I started.

I also like the idea to have permanent wah like the volume is currently.

I've been a happy user of MBritt profiles for a long time. I have used lot of different profiles from Rig Packs 1, 2 & 3. I play in two different cover bands and I have always found the right profile to fit the purpose.

My favorites have been so far the JTM45 2, 67 lowman 3&4, /13 clean profiles and the Crazy Eddie 5153.

I haven't really tried anything new for a long time so I decided to download the 800 pack on last Sunday. OMG! I took my R7 Les Paul and spent hours to jam just with the first profile of J800, I did not even try the other ones yet! What a tone and dynamics! Definitely gonna try that out next time when I play 80's metal songs with my friends. Many thanks @lonestargtr!

Otherwise good, but I have had weird issue with midi. I'm using Cymatic LP16 to change performances and slots by sending MIDI PC-commands along with the backing track. When I'm preparing the MIDI tracks with Logic, my remote reboots at times. I have my kemper connected to my Focusrite Scarlet 6i6 via MIDI because when I'm making the MIDI tracks, I can immediately test that the presets are changing as they should. So, occasionally when I'm adjusting the MIDI track, the Kemper Remote suddenly reboots (KPA runs normally). This never happens, when I'm not using MIDI with Kemper.

I have to say that the playlist editing functions are very disappointing, now that I have used the LP-16 for couple of days. Is there any way to re-arrange playlists or do I always have to export new playlist to the memory stick? I was hoping that I could load all the possible backing tracks to the memory stick and create & arrange new playlist based on those files with utool when needed. Now it seems that I always need to have those wav-files available on my laptop when creating new playlist. Or am I missing something?

Thank you so much Robrecht for the great tutorial!

I just received the Cymatic LP-16 that I'm going to use to play our backing tracks and control my KPA (In the near future also some other midi devices that our band has in use).

I have one question regarding the midi files that you use with Cymatic to control your gear. I'm using Logic X to create the backing tracks and the midi track. The weird thing is that the length of the files with .wav and .midi are different. Let's say I bounce (export) the wav tracks from Logic and the duration of the song is 3:45. Therefore, the duration of the wav file is 3:45, naturally. Now when I export the midi track, the duration is always shorter than the audio file. Why is that? Anyway, it seems that the Cymatic is changing presets as it should, but I don’t understand why the midi files are shorter.

In Logic project the length of midi files is exactly same with the audio, so the duration should be the same. I create the midi file my going to Menu and from there selecting “Export selection as a midi track”. Is that the right way to export the midi track?

Just to clarify, I created the audio & midi tracks like in this video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

About the Panorama function:

"This parameter allows to move the signal within the stereo base. The “Panorama” parameter affects HEADPHONE OUTPUT plus all "Master…" Output Sources of MAIN OUT as well as S/PDIF OUT."

I have understood that the Panorama function is used for panning stereo signal whether to left or right. You might have a situation that you are playing the main guitar in the band. Then in some songs the singer takes his guitar and starts to play the second guitar. In such cases the sound guy might want to pan the main guitar partly to right channel and singer's rhythm guitar to the left channel, for example.

Therefore if you have songs in your set list where the guitars are panned only in specific songs, you can do that already in Kemper by adjusting Panorama for certain Rigs. I think this is just to help the guy behind the mixing console.

I actually have the above mentioned situation with my band, but I have not taken the Panorama in use. I'll let the sound guy do his share :)

Nice comparison! I'm still a bit lost with this new function but let's see if I find some use for it.

Tip: I would recommend to use Soundcloud or upload videos to Youtube minimum in 720p. The resolution of 480p really kills the high frequenses.

jipchen: How is that Pro Snake 10 m cable working? I'm just about to order a similar cable for my Remote from Thomann, but I just realized that this 10m lenght might be an issue?

What about going from monitor or main out to the M13? That would be after delay and reverb.

That could be solution for using looper. You mean that I would then run signal from M13 output to power amp/mixer? Feels quite good idea, it's just that I would then have to place all M13 effects at the end. With the current setup I'm able to place M13 effect also before stack, which is very nice feature.

I'm struggling with the same problem here. I'm using Line6 M13 as a midi controller but also as an external effect processor. The M13 has a nice looper which I really would like to place at the end of the signal chain. I don't really understand why the reverb and delay must have been locked on their positions. I hope that I could place each stomp and effect slot wherever I want to.

I would like to see a version of Boss SL-20 slicer effect in Kemper. It would be great to have a pattern tremolo, where you can program the pattern, or select ready made patterns.

In addition, I hope in the future the delay and reverb blocks would not be locked. I would like to move them freely on the signal chain. For me the effect routing is something, were KPA is really way behind compared to KPA.