Posts by PdeCaumette

I have decided to give away a project that I wrote in the nineties and that I finally finished, thirty years later.
    At the time, I had dedicated my musical life to writing and performing an original blend of progressive world fusion.
    I was very fortunate to have world class players such as Richard Bona, Ralph Bowen, Will Calhoun, Dominique Berose, and many others, contributing to my effort.
    I used my DAW to produce, orchestrate and perform those tunes, at a time when computer-based recording was in its infancy:
    not the ideal platform for what should have been live performances captured in a great space.
    Nonetheless, I am happy to finally let go, and release this fusion blend of West African, Caribbean, Jazz, Funk, Rock, Electronic… influences.

The music world has drastically changed since the nineties, and to many, music should be free.
    I do not agree with this notion, especially when the income that sustained artists has now been re-directed into the pockets
    of huge corporations.
    But what I care about most, is that some find enjoyment in this collection.

This is not night time, relaxing music: it is full of the energy of a younger musician, better suited to start the day, rather than to finish it.
    You will find download links at this page, as well as a link for donations, in case you would like to support the production of a new collection of recent pieces.:

https://www.patrickdecaumette.com/discography-1-1

Happy listening!

Sorry, i know it's a well know subject, but i am trying to morph a reverb parameter, but there is an "M" in a small dark square and it is preventing the value to change,.
    I thought i had read that all that was needed was to go beyond the value in order to unlock it but that doesn't do it...

Thanks for your help!

As i am planning on gigging and traveling a lot more, i am looking to trade my non-powered toaster (green) for a non-powered rack.
    Toaster is in great condition. Stayed in my studio, save for a couple of gigs.
    There are a couple of led lights that are out on the gain knob.
    I am willing to throw in the Kemper gig bag with it, as long as the rack unit is in great condition.

Here it is:
    Cirrus Reverb

The Cirrus Reverb starts where the Natural Reverb ends. Its specialty is long, ethereal reverb tails with exceptionally slow reverb onsets. For that reason, the Cirrus Reverb does not feature a predelay. The modulation pattern is also different to the Natural Reverb: it does not build up by time but stays consistent instead. All parameters should be familiar to you except:

Natural Reverb

The Natural Reverb is based on the latest digital reverb science and technology. It allowed us to create early reflections as an organic part of a room model. We therefore decided to turn away from the academic approach of having early reflections as a separately controllable set of reflections, in addition to a late reverb generator. We also liked the ease of control afforded by this approach.

Due to the generic nature of the Natural Reverb, and the wide span of its parameters, it is capable of creating all kinds of natural sounding rooms -— from ambiences too short to be noticed, to lush and epic spaces. This also includes plate reverb simulations, and even artificial and synthesizer-like reverb pads -— all with the turn of two or three knobs.

Easy Reverb

The Easy Reverb is based on the Natural Reverb. In contrast to the latter, the number of parameters is reduced to a minimum, to make the workflow easy and straightforward.

Echo Reverb

The Echo Reverb is a delay combined with a reverb. In other words: a Natural Reverb with a feedback control added to its predelay to create rhythmic repetitions of the reverb tail. So, instead of using a straight delay type for a rhythmic enhancement, use the Echo Reverb for diffuse and soft echo reflections, when you find a regular delay is sounding too concrete or direct for your needs.

You can use the Output of the DXR10.

if you are using only one DXR10, set your Master Out to Mono, and send one side to the DXR, and the other to Mains. That way,you can change the level on the back of the DXR without changing the signal sent to FOH.

Thanks Paul, that's a great tip!

Here is my dilemma:
    I am using my main stereo out to feed my Yamaha DX10, my monitor out to feed my looper, my send and return for my pedals:
    any way i can get a line out for the front of the house?

Thanks!

Thanks for your help!

For example, i am setting two different reverb mix levels for a morphed profile.
    Heel is at 60% mix level and toe is at 30%
    Now i change my mind and want the 30% level at the heel.
    KPA won't let me do it: i can't get the mix level to go lower.

Thanks for your help!