Posts by MS

dont mess with the gm2, the gr55 as standalone is alright does not play so well with vsts and daws...fishman triple play is getting rave reviews but i do not own one...the sad news is that all these devices cant hold up to the quality of what they claim to do compared to the Kemper period...if CK ran these companies midi guitar would be outta this world

I have always been of the opinion of having goto artist profiles as per Paults question. The Sinmix EVH profiles are a good starting point but cant get stomps to fill in the gaps. Shouldnt the profiler give us an eruption profile without all that tweaking which usually ends up as noise. I want artist presets Bah Bah Bah.

So glad I bought the Matrix. I am wondering why there are so few Kemper users endorsing such a great product. Coupled with their proprietary 212 cabinet all I can say is HOLY F*****ING SMOKE!

Just updated to 3.1.0 from 2.6. Is it just me wanting to believe that the Kemper sounds stronger than ever or are my old ears fooling me? Ever since I got my Matrix power Amp coupled with the fr212 cabinet I have been lazy as far as updating and following the forum religiously. Thanks to all the tried and true stalwarts of the forum for keeping this forum of forums alive and well. If it was not for you guys I don't think the Kemper would be where it is today. Anyway just updated to 3.1, dialed in the last profile I was playing for the ab comparison and plugged in my trusty 1980's Jap Strat. All I can say is that I percieved a marked improvement and quality of the overall sound, bordering on bell like tones emanating from my rig. No dialing in or tweaking or adjusting. Arpeggios with improved articulation instead of a muffled blur of notes, sustained and ringing note bends and chords ring out pristine and clear. I am quite impressed to say the least......Naw must be my old ears fooling me once again!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    :)

To be honest I'd just like to see some of the niggly bugs fixed, that with the new profiling and the remote integration and I'll be pretty happy. A few more reverb types and a delay stomp would be good though. It would be cool to have more presets based on existing pedals as well actually, like wahs based on actual models etc

+1 on presets for existing stomps

got the matrix 1000 amp and fr212 speaker could not be happier and the customer service is great. Listen to he videos on youtube. Especially the one with the guy with the longhair that works for Matrix. This thing is loud. The sound is spot on to a real amp situation. No noticeable change compared to SPDIF. Last but not least customer service is fantastic

I still have 2.6 installed, but I turned LFC off. The profiles that I use (some of old ones from LL & TAF, I do not profile by myself a lot) sound better without LFC for me. With LFC they are sort of "lifeless". The lower strings, lower position at high gain profiles sounds perhaps more tight, but the rest is not so good (for my ears) as 2.5. I am talking about playing powerhead through guitar cab at low volume. I did not try it at live volume yet.

I am leaning towards this opinion.

Unless you are a great guitar hero, a millionaire or just got money to burn then go for the Kemper. As it stand in my opinion you have enough sound. Stick with what you have, it sounds like you have a great tone as of right now. I have a Kemper and WOULD not trade it for an ax but if I had an ax I don't think I would trade it for a Kemper because that's how satisfied I am with my Kemper. I would love to own an ax-fx but the Kemper suffices. I mean how much tone does one really need when tone is just one part of the guitar playing equation.

Just cycle thru the profiles with cabs off for a 4X12 cab and you should be able to get a rock solid tone. Turn gain up or down, tweak treble, bass and midrange. Maybe some presence. Voila the Kemper now will emulate a $1500 guitar amp. Then multiply that by ten to say the least and you now have ten world class amps for the price of one(Minimum). Then for DI recording solutions the Kemper beats an amp hands down without the use of VST eq and compression parameters, I mean straight out of the box you should be getting great authentic tones out of your Kemper unit without a problem!