Posts by VESmedic

Don´t slam that guy, he has done extremely useful videos where he demonstrated how to use the tonematching with ozone on a DAW. This has been my inspiration to start using this method in order to use tonematching with the KPA, which works great. So in a way he supported the KPA more than he would know :)

No matter how much i love my KPA, i would agree that if you are used to those "over produced" metal sounds like you have them on other devices, you might find the more real and "amp like" tone of the KPA a little irritating at first.

No offense, but I honestly couldnt care less what he has or hasn't done. After the guy DELETES MY COMMENTS because he didn't like what I had to say, I couldn't care less about what he has done online. The guy couldn't understand my point, and kept talking about this tone matching crap, when that wasn't what the KPA was designed for, and he couldn't understand that apparently.

Seriously? Apparently this guy think this review is fair and balanced... And yes, that is me, truckguy3 in the comment section... I Couldnt care less what you think, but give me a break, at least be factual and knowledgable about the product... I love how he states it cuts off low end at 125 hz, yet just basically says ahhhh screw it I'm not going to use the EQ.... Give me a break. The comment section is borderline hilarious as well.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4QvRDo8QkD0

:thumbdown:

Not one of those problems do I have when using my VHT 2903 and fat bottom 4x12 cab... Sorry to hear that, but if you heard the KPA with my setup, you would think otherwise for sure... I tried the KPA through my Friends mark IV head, and it was extremely unappealing FWIW...

So I'm a newb with stereo, how do I do this? I have VHT 2902 stereo power amp, and 2 4x12s, and israel ld like to try and run stereo. The problem is I don't know how, the power amp has 2 inputs, one for each side of the power amp obviously, and only 1 monitor out jack... I assume the only other way would be to use the main outs, and disable the cabs correct? How would I do this live then ? Because obviously the cabs would be off using the quarter inch main outs to my 4x12s, and the xlr jacks to FOH would have cabs disabled then As well, causing a not so awesome tone... Ideas???

Lol, i hate to be a pessimist, but this is NEVER going to happen, ken I'm sure was just talking nonchalantly when he said that...No way a pro touring musician is going to give out his profiles, I would bet money on it....Not to mention who cares? There are plenty of absolutely insane sounding high gain profiles.

This really is crazy. And I honestly couldn't care less. I never owned an axe before, i bypassed that fiasco and went straight to the kemper, for good reason (atleast, for ME anyways)

In other news, used my KPA at its first gig last night and it sounded heavenly, "aliasing" or whatever in all. Let me tell you how many remarks I got in the crowd about my aliasing in my tone. Yea, thats EXACTLY what people care about when they are drinking, having a good time, and just listening to a loud kick ass band play live...... :sleeping: ?( 8| ?( :?: :?: :?:

honestly it was extremely easy, with alittle patience. All I did was, basically, LEARN how to use MIDI! :P :D :D :D I DID have the KPA manual and GCP manual open at the same time, and it took me alittle bit to put everything together seeing as how I have never done this before. Basically, I did a factory reset on my GCP ( it was used), then, set it up so that there were 10 patches per bank (no Instant access switching needed for me, it works better for me having 10 patches per bank). If you are unfamiliar with IA, that means being able to "turn on" and "turn off" teh stomp boxes you have loaded in your rig (boost, chorus, delay , reverb, whatever you have assigned to the rig you are using).

From there, I went to bank 1, patch 1, and started going to town. Went to the KPA, went to one of my favorite clean patches (rivera m100), hit the "system" button, went to global MIDI, and assigned the Rivera M100 to CC 1. then, on bank 1 patch 1 (which would be 01), i hit edit on the GCP and renamed it "rivera clean" for my use. It really is that easy, and for what I'm doing it is perfect. The GCP manual spells out everything rather easily, it really is a nice reliable easy to use pedal. Took me all of 5 minutes to get comfortable with it, honestly.

The death show was KILLER. Saw it here in chucks backyard here in Orlando, FL where I am from. I actually took lessons from chuck way back in the day, mid 90's or so :) Absolutely amazing show, probably the best show I've ever seen.

Well, I bought a mackie HD1531, and it sounds GREAT! At low volumes, I can see why people may not like FRFR as much as a real amp and cab, but as the volume goes up, the gap is shortened CONSIDERABLY compared to an amp/cab setup, to the point where I couldn't tell, nor care in the least. Anyways, I got the idea to run the monitor out to my VHT ultralead/ Deliverance 4x12 and WOW!! THAT is the way to go! Is it more to carry to a gig? sure, absolutely. Is it worth it? I THINK SO! It sounded absolutely killer. I made a little "mock" gig set up in my living room, with my amp/cab pumping behind me, and my monitor/KPA setup in front of me, and my god if It wasn't the best sound I've ever heard. If you have the opportunity to, try this set up! It is absolutely KILLER and totally the way to go in my opinion, absolute best of both worlds!

I compeltely agree with you as well. In my opinion, take for example the marshall JMP model (theres a few, I forget which one) increasingly the gain up considerably really subtracts the "reality" of the amp, and makes it way too modern, and just not at all what the amp sounded like, or was capable of sounding like. Cool, maybe, but not what i want, so I understand what you are getting at. What cab are you using with merrows 5150? I believe it comes with that randall ISO cab correct?

Ehhh, I guess I see what you mean, but it doesn't bother me in the least. you are hearing basically what you would hear if you were in the crowd at a show, so it is "different" I guess, but some guys get really bent out of shape about it. After hearing my two mackie HD 1531s in stereo though, I am sold, and not looking back. What it lacks in "sounding like a 4x12 cab and an amp" ( I guess, if you consider that a bad thing) it more than makes up for with other attributes. I love how the FRFR speakers are not laser beam like, like a 4x12. They are not directional, you hear everything the same no matter where you are standing, which I very much enjoy. At practice, I find I do not have to turn up nearly as much, as the laser beam like quality of a 4x12 was the biggest reason I felt the need to turn up more and more. No 4x12 and cab set up can touch my 2 1531s in stereo, it just isn't going to happen. It sounds like I'm playing at the stage of woodstock in my bedroom, at practice, and of course at shows. I love it, it is perfect for the KPA. I also have my VHT ultralead and Deliverance 4x12 cab as well, and whenever I get the urge to plug in to that, It sounds amazing as well, no doubt, just different. I enjoy FRFR because I can always 'hear" my ultralead and my deliverance 4x12 cab in every profile, it is just the way it is, it is always there (duh), but with the FRFR, you really do feel like every profile is different, so I dig it.

Are you guys finding that, you just use the profile as is, or are you guys having to adjust the bass middle trebl presence etc often and alot to your liking? Just curious as to how this is working for everyone. Sounds insane man, really good. I thought merrows 5150 profile was kind of bright, atleast it was with my set up (vht ultralead and deliverance 4x12, going FRFR actually though, on the way, thats why I ask.