Posts by flitzefinger

Hi guys and girls,

I know this is technically not audio gear, but as a kemper user and sound engineer I wanted to raise your awareness for the necessity of a good stage plot and how it can be done quick and professionel. I´ve included a kemper graphic, though!

Have fun,
    André

How to make a great Stage Plot

Hi guys and girls,

my kemper has never let me down since I got it in 2012. But still I think: What if?
    Beeing a guitarplayer and a soundengineer, I tried last week if the TubeStage emulation in my mixer would provide me with a decent emergency solution and the result were ...okish... (if you wanna see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCN4hweiWE8. Sound start at 5:40.)

Today I came up with a sonically much better solution and that is to insert an amp simulation (Amped Roots - the free fluff model) into the guitat channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sp3bwnhk4o&t=196s (Sounds start at 9:06)

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Btw, I also have a hardware backup, which is a HX stomp. But what if that breaks down too?????? ;)

Hi guys and girls,

long term Kemper user here (since 2012). Never failed me at a gig. But what if....
    Since I´m a soundengineer as well and my Allen&Heath SQ mixer has a TubeStage Preamp build in I thought I´d give it a go on the Hi Drive setting. The Guitar is plugged in to the mixer through a D.I. box. Let me know what you think! Could you survive a gig with the settings I came up with?

YouTube: SQ as AMP REPLACEMENT

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mmmh - beim Thema "Freunde im Publikum" zwickts mich gewaltig! Wie soll das den ablaufen? Geht man in einer Spielpause oder nach dem Set zu den Freunden und die sagen dann "Sound war Sch..." - und dann geht man zum Techniker und sagt dem ... ja: Was sagt man dem dann? "Du - mein Kumpel meint, daß die oberen Mitten bei mir total zu laut waren"???
    Also ehrlich: Wenn man seinem Techniker nicht vertraut, stimmt doch was nicht!
    Man muß natürlich unterscheiden zwischen dem Status der Band und dem Standing der einzelnen Musiker. Will sagen: Der erste Gig einer Schülerband mit dem Hausmeister der Schule ist sicherlich was anderes als eine Tour unter (halb-) professionellen Bedingungen.
    Bei uns wird z.B. JEDER Gig aufgenommen. Wenn was nicht "paßt", wird darüber gesprochen. Und ggf. geändert. Oder auch mal akzeptiert, daß es an genau diesem Abend in genau diesem Saal nicht besser ging!
    Aber die Variante "Du, hör' mal, meine Gitte ist draussen zu leise" ist in meinen Augen (Ohren!) nicht zielführend.

Tja, manchmal hat man keine andere Wahl, als mal Kollegen zu fragen, wie es draußen ist (lieber ein bisschen Feedback, als totaler Blindflug...)
    So manch Veranstalter versteht nicht, dass man gerne 300,- Euro mehr hätte, um einen Tontechniker zu bezahlen, der wiederum seiner Veranstatlung gut täte, weil die Musiker sich eine Sorge weniger machen müssen.
    In der Praxis sind auch wir häufig ohne Toni unterwegs und fragen oder laufen im Sets mal ins Publikum mit iPad.

-> Bitte hängt euch nicht an den 300 Euro auf. War nur eine Beispiel - Gage. Wenn sich alle Musiker einig wären, dann könnten wir gewerkschaftlich 500,- mindest Abendgage vereinbaren (plus Fahrt, PA Geld, Übernachtung, Verpflegung, Prozente für Bandkasse, Homepage, Bilder, Videos, Vertragsverhandlungen.............)
    Wäre es nicht schön, wenn der Veranstalter nicht schaut, welche Band ist am billigsten, sondern welche Band passt am besten zu seiner Veranstaltung...

Guys..you made me buy the crank n go pack yesterday (after I sweared to myself not to buy any more packs...before reading the praise) and the rigs sound glorious! Well done, Micheal. One hot contender for the Britt Awards...

Grundsätzlich stimmt, was Du beobachtet hast. Eine Englbox tatsächlich klingt ganz anders, als die Eon. Möglicherweise hast Du Deinen Sound eben über Deine Engl Box eingestellt und nicht über die EONs. Wie klingt Dein Kemper über den Kopfhörerausgang?
    Grundsätzlich muss Cabinet an sein, wenn Du über eine Full Range (FR) - Box spielst...sonst klingt es wie Sägezahn. Wenn Du denn Monitorausgang am Kemper benutzt, checke mal, ob im Outputmenü Seite 1 das Kästchen "Monitor Cab off" angehakt ist...

Zwei Userscale kannst du per Rig definieren, sofern diese aus 7 Intervalen bestehen.

Da dürften es wohl kaum eine quantitative Beschränkung geben,

Blues scalen , Bepop scalen, Scalen, die verschiedene Töne in der Auf- bzw Abwärtsbewegung haben sowie manch orientalische Scala werden uns wohl verweht bleiben.

Hi Sharry,
    ich glaube, das ist nicht ganz korrekt... man jeden der 12 chromatischen Töne individuell pitchen. Damit kannst Du dann jede Skale, die auf Halbtönen basiert erstellen. Und mehr. Lustige Sachen wie Pedaltöne sind möglich. Oder auch unterschieliche Intervalle pro Tonleiterton. Z.B mit Grunton C.:
    C (step 1) + 5 (reine Quarte) ergibt ein F
    C#(step 2) + 4 (gr Terz) ergibt wieder F
    D (step 3) - 2 (gr Sekunde abwärts) ergibt C

D# (step4) - 3 ergibt wieder ein C

Hi Kemper Team,

while you´re on it fixing the latest OS , the RM Editor, Kemper Kabs and some new FX like Acoustic simulator and Auto Swell, could you also make the looper loop in sync to the rig tempo? That way I could really start using use the looper in our livesets...

I´m curious: is it hard to program looper quantization into the kemper? Since I´m am no IT guy I´ve got absolutely no feeling what feature request are easy and which are hard to implement. Reverb seemd to be a hard task, because there is a lot of calculation going on, right? My simpleminded brain tells me, that looper sync should be much easier than new fx...

I was 12 and my uncle show me his music room. Played some Rock Vinyls. Great. Showed me his electric guitar. Fantastic. Hit a E5 chord with lots of distortion. OMG! I WANNA DO THAT TOO. Gave my parents a catalog of a german music store in Pfortzheim and adviced them to buy me a bundle: Marathon Strat, Marshall 2 Watts, Cable, Shirt, Book.
    That´s it!

Is there a way to detune the pitch like transpose function but in half step or less, so you don't need to detune the guitar when playing after recordings that is not at right pitch?

Regards Paul

Hi Pau,

Zappledan is right, transpose is halfsteps. You could try Pedal Pitch, iow the Whammy, and be very careful with the Pedal. I personally would load the the recording into the Quicktime Player and pitch the recording. I do that a lot when teaching guitar, like a half step up for the Guns ´n Roses stuff or a quarter step up for let´s say Highway to hell by AC/DC.

Oh, an when you load the new firmware, be sure to load down the latest manual as well. ;)
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads
    Under "select category" are all written documents.

Hi flitzefinger, i run the Mimiq and the DittoX4, how have you set yours up in the kemper?

Ash

Hi Ash,

at the moment I´m still in the testing stage and have yet to decide, which Pedal will stay in my setup. I´m sure the Mimiq will stay. It works nicely in the live world. We´ll see about the Ditto Jam. I have the idea to use the monitor or main jack output to the looper and then ditto output to a seperat channel on the FOH mixer. Phasing? Maybe...I still have to test...

Hi Ingolf,

thanks for your reply.

I allready thought, that this not easy or even impossible, hence my feature request for the listening looper and the mimiq.

Why would you use the mimiq pre stack? Don´t you loose the stereo image, since slots A to D are only mono? Or ist that the compromise, to use all three pedals somehow?

Hi Kemper Swarm,

TC released a new Looper, that listens to the band and stretches or compresses the tempo of the loop, depending on the tempo of the drummer! I would really love that in my kemper. We have a looper inside, and since there is a Mic input on the back...

here is a youtube link the TC device:

TC ditto Jam

And while the the kemper team is on it: the Digitech Freqout and the TC mimiq pedal fx would also be a great addtion to the internal Kemper FX!