Posts by flitzefinger

Maybe the best help would be to have a "gain" ranking. Most of the time the rigs are called just by the Amps´s name or channel. That´s great. But I personally look out for example a good clean sound (1 or 2 GainLEDs) or a distorted sound that cleans up nicely (with my guitar that is with the gain about 8 to 10 LEDs). For this I am not into let´s say "Engl Distortion" or "Marshall Distortion". I am just looking for a good distorted sound whatever amp that might be. And I don´t necessarily look for the star ranking. The Gain setting would bring me closer to what I´m looking for than "this Bogner has 23 5 stars ratings". The addition "Lead" or "Rhythm" is a good hind but only a few users choose those in their rig names.
    And if there is a limited number of Columns in the RE, than I would get rid of "Cabinet" and change it to "Gain-Setting".

Greetz

Hey there,

What i´ve had so far:
    Lost several of my green LEDs in the bottom row (lame) and my input LED works in reverse: red when not playing, green when hitting hard. (i actually like that feature! :D )

TODAY:
    I found out that when turning the gain all the way down on "LL - The Grail" the LEDs #2, #10 and #12 are still glowing. That does not happen on the other tested profiles (LL and FP)
    Further testing brought this:
    When I go to system page 5/9 Gain LEDs #2,#10 and #12 blink at the same speed like the System Button: System Button blinks on, Gain LEDs are off, System buttons off, Gain LEDs on.

AND: the Xslot LED is red when there is no fx (-) loaded. On ALL Rigs.

I´m on 2.0.1 8601 and yes, i know i should try an update. But on the other hand that version is stable and sounds good and shouldn´t rather the LEDs what i want and not the other way round? :huh:

Hi Everyone,

I love the LEDs on my Kemper, at least the ones that still operate. I already lost 6 greens.

But that´s not my problem right now. My input LED seems to work in reverse: If I don´t play guitar - in fact even if no cable is in the input - my input LED is red.
    And guess what: the harder I hit the strings the more green the LED gets. Funny, eh? :rolleyes:

It doesn´t seem to affect the Sound or anything, well, not yet. Anybody else having this issue?

Greetings

BTW: I´m on 2.0.1 8601, The unpowered Darth Vader Head, not Stormtrooper oder Square head

Maybe someone asked for this before:

I´d like to have Folders in the browser Mode. Would be handy to put for example all TAF Soldano Variations in one self created folder called "TAF Soldano" or maybe all AC30s from different users in a folder called "AC 30". That would decrease the number of items in browser mode enormously.
    Browse by Amp is not always working due to incorrect tagging. And I still have to scroll through to many amps.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The unplug power and wait 15min did the trick!

I had the same problem yesterday on stage, as our bassplayer somehow managed to unplugged the powerchord of my kemper. It didn´t start at first. Tried to switch it on 3 or 4 times. THEN I kept it off for some minutes ( maybe 5 to 7 ) an switched it on. Voila, it was back on. What a relief. But why is that so? What is the exact time for the kemper to come back? Is it an analog safety System or a digital timer? Or is it something comletely different?

Hi there.......i'm currently at 1.6. Anyone updated from that firmware? or should I go to 1.7 prior to this? I have an important gig coming but it ain't so close. So I would like to update and spend the time using the whammy not solving issues ;)

Hi Mike,

i updated from 1.6 to the new firmware and I had problem while updating, BUT it took me 30 min of doing nothing (waiting for a reply in the trouble shooting section of the forum) and 5 min of brave and logical on/off switching re-copy the kaos bin to the stick (which i supsect to be murder of my nerves). Now I´m on 1.8, testet the new whammy/pitch effect and everything works fine!

8)

What I´ve learned:

I switched the Kemper off.
    Removed the Stick.
    Turned it on again.
    Kemper: " Booting and burning from USB.., Retry to find..
    I removed the Kaos.bin from the OS Update Folder
    Copied it back again, And put a copy of the kaos bin on the stick, but in no particular folder.
    Kemper off then on again. Voila
    Found new Firmware. Started the UPdate process...
    And now it says: Update Successful!

I suspect the stick to be the guilty one. Are there Sticks out there, that will not work properly with the Kemper???

My Kemper says: " booting & burning from USB device
    ERROR unable to locate firmware file on USB device"

I´m (or was) on 1.6. beta
    Made a back up before updating.
    I use an Imation 4GB USB Stick. I formated it yesterday.

the upload progress was nearly finished then the ERROR message apeared on the screen.

I´m a bit frightend what to do next. Switch the kemper of? Remove the USB stick while still powered on?
    ;(

Just a big :D and thank you very much. When every I try for example Tills Cabs on a profile and the sound of it doesn´t get better (only different) then it is a well done profile - like your profiles!

Keepers they are,
    strong the force is in young Thumas!

Hi gorillabendz,

i´ve used the Kemper like 40 times live by now and didn´t had any trouble at all. The only thing i´ve noticed is how different the rigs through various PA Systems sounded, compared to my studio monitors. Might be the reason that i tweak the sound at relatively low volume (neighbours, you know) and underestimate the power of the higher frequencies. So, if you play through your own PA set it up like you would for the gig and check the sound you´re getting from FOH. Some rigs i found to be to dull at home made it that way into my LIVE favorites folder.

Hi Lasse,

I listen back on Yamaha HS80 Monitors at home...and if you wouldn´t have said, that one is a profile and one is a "real" amp, I´d said that it´s just one soundsource. There might be some slight volume changes every now and then and sometimes I thought I have heard a little more hiss around 10kHz but man, it sounds fantastic. So :thumbup: and is that a profile you are willing to upload to the rigexchange? Btw. the LSD Studio seems to be a very nice place to work!!!

I´ve noticed that we can search now in categories like Rig, Cabinet, Rating, etc. Very good! The downside: if you search the best ratings you get 15(!) pages of 5star-ratings, most of them only having 1 or 2 ratings. Would it be good to add to the stars also the number of ratings, like 5 time 5stars is better then 2 times 5 stars??