Posts by flitzefinger

In a lot of distorted profiles I get a high pitch sizzeling sound (around 9.5 to 10kHz) that, according to my logic channel EQ analyzer, shouldn´t even be there.
    I thought one of the tweeter of my Yamaha HS80M is broken, so I changed them. But it is still there. Also when I use headphones.
    I usually set a very narrow filter (with the kemper studio eq or the logic channel eq) at the forementioned 10kHz at -8dB. What I cut out is that alasing, I think.
    But maybe that is a different problem! :thumbup:

New KPA user here!

Is there a tutorial anywhere online to show exactly how to set up and store a new rig? I used the store function but ended up overwriting a preset. Are we able to place rigs anywhere we want in the KPA?

Hi Skyhighrocks,

the best source at the moment is this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xrx…iKPA%202013%2001%2006.pdf

When you store a rig you can choose between 3 options:
    replace (will overwrite the rig),
    store as (will create A NEW RIG) THIS is maybe, what you are looking for
    rename (allows you to change the rig´s name)

Have fun and welcome :D

Hi Andy,

just got the Rockpack! I have to say: :D !
    Some great and fat tones you delivered there. Can you tell me more about your ideas for the sounds? It´s clear what you had in mind with profiles like "The Who?" or "Early Zep Studio". Some thoughts on the other profiles? Do you optimize profiles for special guitars, like the vox for a single coil guitar or the bluesbreaker for a gibson? And is there a specific reason why you place an flat eq with that 2.9dB boost in the X-Slot?

So many questions and so many thanks!

Hi John,

I just heard "The Ballad For Santa Monica". Very Nice, indeed!!!!! Two little things I stumble upon:
    the double stop at 1:02, i think it´s the C#m9 chord, seems to be a bit to late, or it is very laid back... :rolleyes:
    At 1:45 after the arps just before you bend up to the g#, there is a cranking sound, as if the crossfade from one track to the other is not long enough.

What I absolutely love is 2:30 to 2:50. How the the two Lead Guitars come slowly together... :thumbup:

I´m looking forward to hear the next songs!!!

Greetings from Germany

In the output - section there some boxes you can tick: Main Out Link, Monitor out link and Headphone out link. Have you tried to enable/disable them? Turn up Volume fully and test that. Maybe.... Hope you get it solved :thumbup:

Just take a looper and play along with the original line. Your drummer has to play with click track then. Our your keyboarder plays the second voice.

Wouldn´t it be nice to have everything within the kemper :love: . Looper if it´s in the kemper, being able to tap the tempo.....maybe. But I guess our keyboardress has to play the other line, indeed.

By the way, if CK reads this: The Chordalizer could be another USP ^^ . Nobody else has one (maybe for a good reason... ;) )

Interesting idea. I'm thinking that you would have to provide a key (A maj, A min, etc.) and specify what type harmony you want (third above, third below, etc.).

Hi Zappledan,

now that is a quick reply :thumbup:

Wouldn´t that give me the same problem??? See, i can already provide the key and intervall (up and below) in the G-Force. But i´m thinking of being able to strictly say C (c-e-g) and nothing else.
    Or maybe this: Chordalizer, play the next chordal note if a "c", "e" or "g" is coming in, if something else is detected: play (for example) the 3rd up.

GREETINGS

Hi folks,

in two weeks our band has to play Hotel California. Problem is: I am the only guitarplayer in the band. With the inteIligent Pitch shifter from my TC G-Force i could figure out how to play 95% of the double guitar action in the verses. BUT: I can´t use the G-Force in the famous outro. Reason: The intervalls in each bar are within a chord, not a melody. First intervall is a major 3rd, the second on a minor 3rd and the third intervall is a fourth. And this fourth gives me head aches. If i had enough time, i could switch between B-äolian and B-pent. scale. But there is no time ti switch between two 16th notes. My Idea is the following: What if CK would create a CHORDAL HARMONIZER - let´s call it the CHORDALIZER - and put it in the next update :thumbup: . It could work like this: You define a chord (maybe C-Major) and the chordalizer plays the next higher/lower note from that chord.

You play C, Chordalizer plays E, major 3rd
    You play E, Chordalizer plays G, minor 3rd
    You play G, Chordalizer plays C, perf. 4th

So we only had to switch one time per bar (still thinking about Hotel California). What Do You Think?

GREETINGS

Has anybody tried to profile a mixture multiple amps? Haven´t found a thread about that. I guess it is not that difficult (if you own more than one amp). Could be interesting what happens, when you lower the volume pot of the guitar. In real-life the different amps clean up on different vol settings, but I guess the KPA-Profile would react in a special way. But I don´t know. :whistling:

Greetings

CK already stated that they do not want to make another MFC 101, basically because it would cost the same.... :thumbdown:

I have to admit, that is indeed a good point for the smaller, more compact design. So, if there are only Buttons I,II,III and IV for FX on/off, than it would be great to being able to change them from A.B.C.D switches or X.MOD.DLY.REV via simultaneously press Bank up/down buttons. :thumbup:

Hi everybody,

I´d like to express my love to the KPA in public. Therefore I need some merchandise. For the german market maybe stickers or shirts with: "Dauer-Kemper" printed on or for the english market something like: "Yes, we kemp". Is there something like that out there??? If not, would you (CK) (in a spare minute) consider to publish something like that??? 8o

Greetings