Posts by flitzefinger

More footage:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Remote videos and the looper in action:

In Japanese (I guess), but a lot of familiar sounding words

John Huldt

OK, I just headphone tested the Free Delay (Mix 100%, Ratio 4:1) with various Time settings and the CAE 3+ Suhr Mod Rig (Gain on 6.7) by BRUNO. Play through my Fender Big Apple with Droped D tuning. The Findings:

The following chords (Frequencies) got "monorised", "De-Stereorised", bla bla
    Time 24ms A5 Chord
    Time 27ms: G5 Chord
    Time 30ms: F5 Chord
    Time 35ms: D5 Chord
    Time 38/39: All Power Chords on the lower strings sound equal. If I had to guess, Iwould say that now a deep C# or C sound odd.

So, if i set the time around 39ms, all chords sound ok. The idea of choosing shorter times to reduce the latency, produced by the 100%wet approach, gives me some cancelations. It feels a bit like the compromise, when choosing the buffersize in my DAW. I I could go lower, if avoid those Mono-Chords ( :D ) or simply accept them...Not shure though, if my findings are still true when playing through a PA. I ´ve got the feeling, that the distance of the PA Speakers play a role in that game, too.

Well, let's start with 100. :)
    Frankly speaking, I don't know, but I'm sure it's doable.
    I have asked for stomp delay and reverse delay several times and will continue to pester the Kemper guys. ;)

It might be better to ask for extension of already existing fx?
    Than I shall rephrase my feature request: I´d like to see a ratio of 4:0 in the free delay. Bitte, Bitte, Bitte! ^^

See this thread also:
    Haas effect

Thank you tnipe.

Found this little quote by a guy called Andy Sneap:" I'd actually love it if you could offset one side by a few ms. I know its not great for a final recording etc but for live we do it all the time"
    :D
    Any more +1 for such a feature???

Hi Paults,

I just tried your suggestion:
    Time: 40ms
    Ratio: 4:1

Judging by headphone, this might do the trick. Thank you. Looking forward to try it through a PA
    I dialed Mix to 100/100, so the center signal is still there. That way I don´t get the feeling of latency.

Have you tried the space effect?

Yes, that gave me the problem of having two different sounding signals. I couldn´t get any pleasing result live. Might be the distance of the PA speakers. For studio application it´s nice, but then, on the other, I´d rather doubletrack. Did you watch the WAVES Video? There you can here, what I´m after.

By the way: Thanks for all your feedback so far guys! :thumbup: Back to watching NAMM Videos on YouTube... :D

If I go out of the main outs of the kemper into two panned out channels of the FOH desk, the sound appear to be in the middle of the stereo field, phantom center. If there´s a signal delay on one of the channels, one could detect two sound sources, thus creating a wider sound...hope that explains what i´m looking for a bit better 8o

Hi all,

for LIVE - Applications I would like to have the option to delay on side of the Stereo Outs to get the wide sound that the LINKIN PARK FOH engineer Ken ‘Pooch’ Van Druten explains here:
    http://www.waves.com/mixing-li…hunting-party-tour-part-2
    Starts at 2:29.

It would be great to save the delay time on a rig by rig basis, so that i could go from mono (vers) to "stereo" (chorus) when changing rigs. I´m aware of the stereo widener. and a possible work round with kemper delay. Paults had a good idea, that unfortunately would introduce 10ms more latency, if I got his idea right.

When hearing the Linkin Park example, I don´t get the impression, that the 30ms delay creates any bad phase cancelations. Maybe 30ms is to long for phase issues?

Your opinions? 8o

Hi Paults,

Thanks for your reply. I´ll try that tomorrow. But I would end up with 10ms more latency, right?

In Logic I use Waves H-Delay. Works also as an insert in Live Situations. Since we use the X32, the channel strip delay time comes in handy. But I wanted something switchable inside the Kemper. Vers: Mono - Chorus: "Stereo". If I could save it per rig (clean sense in the input), I could even make up for loss in volume and get no added latency. Do you think more users would like to have such a feature or am I the only one??? :whistling:

That's the one!!! :thumbup: I was in a rush to get to the gig when searching for this profile 8o

Was doing an acoustic gig today so I decided to try and find a profile on the rig exchange and WOW!!! I found a really nice one it's called "Dream Acoustic" I turned off the chorus and delay and it really made my yamaha compass acoustic sound great through the PA. I can't remember the authors name off hand but thank you very very much!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::D:thumbup:

CHEERS! :D