Posts by anthonyv

I tried this today with my Fishman Loudbox Performer. I gotta say it sounded freaking GREAT! I put the loudbox next to my mesa cab and ran the mesa out of Monitor out (set to Master left) and the loudbox plugged into the Master Right jack (set to Master Stereo). So it was GR, FRFR and stereo. What's cool about this set up is that with the FRFR cab it covers all of the guitar cabs limitations in terms of beaming and clarity. Also great when using an acoustic or piezo. For me I love the cab for the character and repeatability knowing that I can run pretty much any decent sounding rig through it and it will sound good, but not being able to hear the thing over the band half the time (unless its fully cranked) and being limited with acoustic tones to me this is the best of both worlds. Bonus for being able to combine and mix and match cab sounds.

What's been working for me is piezo bridge p/u (similar to Ghost) using a profile from RE called 'Acoustic GSP'. Use it for both fingerpicking and strumming. Haven't really tried it with magnetic p/u but I bet it would get pretty close. I tried all of the other acoustic profiles and that was the one that sounded most convincing to me.

I own the Boss Acoustic pedal and it just adds too much noise to be usable.

I've been curious about this and currently don't have an frfr to try out in addition to my 4x12 mesa cab. I love the sound of the cab but we have some songs with acoustic that would really be nice to have frfr. My thinking is using say a 2x12 from powered monitor out (cabs off) and maybe a wedge (dxr10) from master out right with cabs on and you have best of both worlds. It would also give the ability to combine 2 different cab sounds. Curious if anyone has any experience with this and if there are any issues that would arise.

Cheers!
    -Anthony

Those accugroove cabs look amazing. Its too bad that company is only catering to the fractal users only. They're missing out on a whole demographic of Kemper users.

Yeah, they're not active here but they are very responsive. It's just a matter of time. Just shoot them an email and they'll answer any and all of your questions.

Hmm.. I see your point. I guess what I'm asking for is to be able to apply the end result of the effect it has on cab emulations before it goes to my cab. To me in monitors Pure Cab = harshness/fizz reducer. So that's what I'm asking for really. I realize its probably something that should be addressed elsewhere in the chain (pickups, rig, cabinet), but it doesn't hurt to ask IME.

I agree it would be nice to have on a per rig basis BUT I would like to be able to use it with CABS OFF as well. In my studio monitors/headphones the sound is nice and warm with Pure Cabs at 5.0. Through my cab (Mesa 4x12) I can hear some of that harsh/coldness. My first thought was to turn up Pure Cab, but it didn't have any effect and I realized its intended use is for CABS ON. FRFR is in my future, but my cab is still my "blankie" while I'm learning about all of this stuff. Plus, with the band its one thing at a time. So far they are liking the Kemper!

You guys don't understand how huge this is for me. Half of my songs go from acoustic to stun mode in an instant. I was able to get decent acoustic and electric tone from one guitar.. but switching p/u's, amps, and enhancer pedals.. while singing was just impossible. Last night when I clicked a pedal on my board and heard my full acoustic sound.. mind blown! Kemper = Swiss Army Knife!!

Apologies if this has been asked before but I've searched and none of the solutions seem like what I'm going for. I've been looking for solutions to this problem for a long time and I think I'm finally getting close.

I have a customized Taylor T5 with separate piezo and magnetic pickup outputs.

I also have a yamaha MFC10.

Basically what I want to be able to do is switch between my piezo and magnetic at the same time I switch from my acoustic rig (on MFC pedal 1) to high gain rig (on MFC pedal 2). I was thinking maybe a midi controlled A/B switch like this might do the trick? http://www.soundsculpture.com/products/pt_abcadabra.htm. If I'm on the right track, how would one set this up?

I'd love to be able to do it with a minimum of devices and cables, so if there's a better solution please share. Thanks in advance!!