Posts by jipchen

The only change I'd really like to see is a proper Ethernet port on the Kemper itself, so the cable can be locked and the little plastic tip that holds Ethernet cables doesn’t break and make the cable entirely useless.

Yes I know it can be done with a CAT6 socket mounted in a rack panel but my case doesn’t have the space for one and I’d rather not glue it to the Kemper.

1) I think that's a very subjective matter. For me personally: Yes, hearing the profiles through my cab made it easier since I was used to amp through cab sound and didn't play my amps a lot through FRFR boxes or studio monitors before. YMMV. I think it's a good idea to check profiles with both your cab and through FRFR or studio monitors to make sure it works well all around (if it has to work for both situations that is).

2) Yes, even profiles created with an amp/cab/mic combination can be played with deactivated cab through a real cabinet. The Kemper will "deduct" the cab from the profile. Works very well imho.

3) Sorry, I'm a hi-gain guy 95% of the time, can't help out here :D

Does the Remote fit in the rack lid by any chance? That looks very similar to something I'd like to do.

It should fit and I will check tomorrow. I carry the remote in a softcase I had lying around, which I then put in a hardcase for cables, strings, etc anyway so for me there's not much to be gained.
    I would also have to unplug the power cable definitely so the remote can fit. Will let you know!

@jipchen Is there a reason why you placed the KPA above all the other stuff? Wouldn't it be better for it to "stand" on the cases bottom instead of hanging in the air?

No particular reason honestly. I like to have the Kemper on top so I can easier see the display and reach the buttons (it sits on either a cab or one or two hardcases live). I don't like bending down to change something.
    It's also more convenient to me because the antennas can just stay and I don't have to change the direction everytime I play. But it would definitely be possible the other way round, sure.

The Kemper is not that heavy though and the 4 rack screws hold it nicely. It even kind of sits on the Shure and LD Systems unit but there's no pressure.

I just upgraded, before I just had the PowerRack in a 3U SKB rack and monitor wedges and cable. Now I went full wireless and I can't wait to try it live.
    Everything is fixed with lots of Velcro, cable ties and of course duct tape :D It looks a bit DIY from the back but everything is really tight during transport so I don't mind.

The In-Ear wireless unit will probably go into a seperat rack for everyone soon.

What are XLR "Cinch" cables? ?(

https://www.thomann.de/gb/cae_1524030_audioadapterkabel.htm
    https://www.thomann.de/de/cae_1524130_audioadapterkabel.htm

^ These are. The Fireface UFX does not have the typical S/PDIF connections, but you can set the AES In/Outs to SPDIF and with these two cables that go from XLR to cinch you can connect the Kemper easily.

edit: I believe they're called RCA plugs in english, I thought "cinch" is common in english as well.

Ah sorry. Well it kinda has SPDIF, the second ADAT works as an optical SPDIF, but you can't use it with the Kempers SPDIF cinch connection, that's a pity because I do what you described just with SPDIF.
    I guess if the DI Output is clipping because of high-output pickups you could try setting a lower input level via clean/distortion sense but not sure if that works.

Anyway like you said the phantom-power only powers your Countryman DI Box, it won't do anything to the Kemper or other Amps connected to it.

You want to record both the DI and the Kemper track, do you? You could just use S/PDIF and set it to Git/Stack. You'll have the DI track on the left and the Kemper sound on the right channel. Or you could use it normally, go from the Main Outs in your interface for the amp sound and use the built-in Direct Output of the Kemper for the "DI" track, since it is just the raw guitar sound.

---- SOLD -----

Hey guys,

selling my toaster with retrofitted Camplifier 180 poweramp (Mono). Details see: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen…e-case/516222477-74-17092
    I am still super happy with it, I just prefer the rack format Kemper.

It's in very good condition and everything works as intended, except for a single LED light on the Volume LED-circle. I've taken good care of this amp and it never failed me. The poweramp is 180W @ 8 ohms, it sounds amazing (very clean, as you'd want with the Kemper) and it's more than loud enough even for shows without a PA, practice etc. The Kemper comes with the latest 4.0.6 firmware installed, a Y-type power supply (to power both kemper+poweramp with a single powercable), two Speakon-TS loudspeaker cables and the necessary cable to connect pre- and poweramp obviously.

Price was about 2170€ for this new, and I'm asking 1550€ now. Shipping will be done in the case so it shouldn't be a safety problem. I think this is an amazing deal if you consider a powered Kemper starts at 2050€. Contact me if you have any questions!

Cheers,
    jipchen

Many forum members defended CK saying that it was clearly stated that only Kemper would sell the remote. I have dealt with my rep at Sweetwater for 6 years and have never once felt that I was being taken advantage of or being told a fabrication. For me, his word is golden.

Well then you should probably update your opinion regarding the Sweetwater rep. It was crystal clear from the beginning that the remote without the amp would only be available directly through Kemper. Anyone who told you otherwise either lied to you or misunderstood a very clear statement.

I ordered one. My reasons were 1) tuner access and display 2) activation of individual stomp fx (couldn't do it with my Tech21 MIDI Moose) 3) only one cable. so: no power supply and distribution, no tuner stompbox on my pedalboard any more (actually no pedalboard at all in the future, haha)

I'm also Interested in the looper, but it was not the main reason why I bought it.