Posts by jtm18

Ok- I think I may have solved my issue for now...
    Rather than going from the KPA to the rear Balanced/Analog inputs of my RME interface, I'm connecting to the front of the unit, to the line/mic input, where I can control the output gain which then feeds Logic. By turning that up, I'm getting more level within Logic.
    I'd love to be able to stay plugged into the rear of the RME, but for now this will have to do!

Can I really hear a difference b/w 44.1 and 48? Not so much. But I know that there's a bit more "oomph" at higher sample rates. I work in situations where most colleagues are at 48 or 96, even. Considering 44.1 is the lowest sample rate available, I'm gonna avoid it. There's nothing "wrong" with working at 44.1- lots of people do it. I just prefer 48.
    I also read that the Kemper only works at 44.1 when using S/PIDF; so going analog isn't an issue. It'd be nice, though, if they did make higher sample rates available in S/PIDF- which I read online that they've said they'd be doing in a future firmware update.

Thanks for the reply...
    What's concerning, though, is that the waveform of any recorded audio is still very small/low.

You connect using S/PIDF? So you're at 44.1? I like working at 48k. How exactly are you set up, if you don't mind explaining? Thanks!

I've got no idea... the weird thing is that the level going into my system (the RME Fireface 800) seems to be alright. It's just that when it gets into Logic that it's so low. I'm attaching some pics of the meters in the RME mixer and the Logic mixer just after having strummed my guitar. You'll see how wide the discrepancy is. I'm also including a pic of my settings on my Fireface unit.

I just got my KPA yesterday and am connecting it to my RME Fireface 800 interface. I've got XLR from the Main Outputs on the KPA to the Balanced Analog/TRS inputs (channels 1 & 2, fyi) on the RME. I'm using Logic 9 as a sequencer. The input level on the channel strip in Logic is soooooo low. How do I get more level into Logic? Not sure if this is a KPA issue or a Logic one. Thanks-

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the forum; just got my KPA yesterday- I'm diggin' it!
    I'm not sure if it's been discussed or not, but I checked a few pages of the forum and didn't see anything so I thought I'd suggest it. Any word of allowing us to manage/control the KPA through the computer? For example, Line 6 has the GearBox and "Line 6 Monkey" to handle such things. It'd be a lot easier (when in your own studio, at least) to control the unit on a computer, rather than on the unit itself. Just a suggestion!