Posts by SliderJeff

Well, it appears I'm ready to cry. The guy that sold me the unit just called me to tell me that the intern at the studio where it's been kept while he was out of town managed to place it in a closet where there was a leak in the roof. It got completely drenched and so he doens't feel right selling me this unit. He's going to see what can be done on Monday when he talks to the intern and the studio owners, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope. IF they agree to pay for a new unit or it's covered under the studio's insurance, he will sell me the new unit for the price I paid off ebay on the one that got damaged. So basically I'm SOL for now. FML. Something about "The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat..." :(

Jeff

Killer! Thanks, Alan. I'm REALLY going to have to study everything you did above to get the details, but I appreciate the experiment and sharing the methodology. I don't actually have a power amp I like on hand (Mesa 20/20 only)... and all my friends that play no longer live in the area, so I'm SOL for now on profiling my own stuff.

Regards,

Jeff

Sometimes the anticipation makes things even better... but not in this case!

Where'd that seller disappear to, call the cops!

LOL! I think he's on a business trip, but he's been very communicative. Evidently "It's actually been in a studio setting, so we profiled a couple Marshall JTM-45s (66 and a handwired Reissue) 3 or 4 blackface deluxe reverbs (they all sounded different) and a bunch of modern amps (diezel vh4, hagen, Bogner etc)". He asked if I wanted it set back to factory defaults and I basically said, "HELL NO! Leave those profiles in there, man!" :)

Jeff

PS - Love me some Brett Garsed. My first intro to his amazing playing was on the seminal release with TJ Helmerich, "Quid Pro Quo". Man, that was some seriously tasty playing!

PPS - How the hell do you pronounce his last name? I've always pronounced it "Garrrrz'd", you know... like I am a pirate or something. :)

Jeff

Hey gang.

I just bought a second hand Power rack version of the Kemper and it hasn't arrived yet. I was just wondering if it allows you to plug other preamps into the power amp section ONLY of the Kemper in order to drive a guitar cab, or if you only get the Kemper sounds plus power amp delivered to the speaker outs? This is all just in case I don't have time to make profiles of every single TriAxis, GSP-2101, or ADA MP-1 preamp tone I dig and want to just plug those suckers into the Kemper's clean digital power section and jam out through my Recto cab.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks, gang! Just waiting for the official shipping notice that it's on it's way! I need to start prioritizing which packs I pick up first and where to even start as far as initial setup and all that jazz. I'm sure there's a go-to "Getting Started" guide somewhere on the site, so I will begin tracking that down while I wait.

Jeff

Hey gang,

I've been here awhile, lusting to join you all in the hallowed halls of Kemper ownership, and thanks to my friend, ebay, I will soon be joining your ranks as an owner of a power rack model Kemper!!!! With that in mind, I know that in order to get access to the Private forums here, I need to be a registered owner, but my random clicking and reading of the site has left me with more questions than answers when it comes to trying to find out how the heck to register as a legit owner. Can someone help a brother out? I look forward to becoming a much more active user and poster to the forum once I receive my favorite new toy!!!

Thanks,

Jeff in Houston

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I was thinking of.

Don't forget to burn incense and sacrifice a couple of chickens. Very important for technical troubleshooting.

And for the love of mercy, don't skimp out and buy generic chickens! Use the name brand ones, folks! Nothing screws up a voodoo ritualistic sacrificial offering like using cheap a$$ chickens and blood! #makevoodoogreatagain 8o

Jeff

Personally, I've used my Sennheiser HD-580 PRO open ear cans for any critical listening I had to do in my old audio days. I have used and continue to use Sennheiser HD 280 PRO closed ear cans for tracking to avoid the previously mentioned sound bleed you get from open ear designs.

IIRC, the HD 600's are a more fine-tuned version of the HD 580 with better matched drivers (though they are the same/similar as what is used in the 580), and a lower-resonance housing.

There is a pretty good comparison review of them against the 650, as well, here:

https://www.innerfidelity.com/…-hd-600-and-hd-650-page-3

Hope that helps,

Jeff... Kemper owner wannabe :)