Posts by ReinoutV

Yes, thank you. There was a discussion about this in the recent past, but I don't see why this could be an issue. The argument "theory is too difficult" doesn't hold up. Learning intervals is one of the first things a musician should do. And if you don't want to learn them, because you "do everything by ear", you can still build the scale using your ears and the numbers 0 to 11. Then again, this one goes to eleven!

ToneJunkie had some profile packs tailored for Worship, you could check his stuff out. He has a free sample pack available, which is huge!

I had this problem with the latest update too, it was the first time an update over usb didn’t work at the first try. A reboot of my computer (MacBook Pro) did the trick, though! Have you tried turning it off an on again?

Funny thing is that many of us are talking about how convenient is the Quad Cortex with the touch screen and all... and all of a sudden there you go! Kemper has a touch screen. Actually a bigger and more responsive one.

We will see how it is implemented but I really think it is a great addition. I will make use of it NO DOUBT.

And the best thing is, you don't have to put the touchscreen on the floor, with the danger of stomping it with your feet (or spilling beer over it).

Lil Willie: Little Walter

Vickie Double D: Victoria Double Deluxe

ViKing: Fender Vibro-King

If you have 20 minutes to kill...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Great video, thanks a lot! It is interesting to see that you approach the refining process a lot different than for example Guidorist, who posted a video about the profiling process a little while ago. Do you think that with a little more refining, you can get the profile even closer to the original? I don’t want to start a discussion about sound or usefulness of a profile, just asking about the comparison.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did another video on a transcription that I worked out last year. This one is Robben Ford's solo on Misdirected Blues.

Using a Dumble patch from Michael Britt with just the gain dialed down. I was switching back between my version and the original and I think it got pretty close to his famous sound.

This is great playing with a great sound. Not only the profile, but also your touch is spot on! The link to the transcription is no longer available. Would you be willing to share the transcription, so that we can have a take on this great song?

If this is the case, and it would be possible to send audio over ethernet, then a guitar input on the remote would be a possibility also, and so reducing the cable length to the Profiler.

This surprises me because there are so many different public profiles available and it takes me a while to find the ones I like. When I say this I am even speaking of the same model of amplifier/speaker. I would think that if someone is refining with a guitar with hot pickups and another is not then that would have a bearing on the profile. Pickup height included. Of course, I have no idea and it looks like I was mistaken all along. Thanks Christoph.

There is (way) more to a profile, than just the amp: the speaker, or combination of speakers, the microphone or combination of microphones, the placing of the microphones, pre-amp, mixing technique, other outboard gear (eq and what not), refining length and what is played. This is what separates the profiles from each other, not the guitar used in the refining process.