Posts by ReinoutV

Thank you for the warm welcome. I knew it was a good idea to get involved after all. I posted a support ticket, so I hope I'll be able to join the discussion in the private forums soon. Actually, I can't wait. I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, so I need my fair dose of social media from somewhere... ;)

And: thanks for the wah settings, I will check them out soon!

Hi everybody, greetings from the Netherlands.

I have my Profiler for 6 years now, still wanted to introduce myself. I live in Holland and play the electric and acoustic guitar. I'm enjoying the profiles by Michael Britt and Bert Meulendijk a lot. I used to play with my own profiles (I own a Guytron amp), but they didn't turn out as nice as those from MB. Plus, one can't turn down a Klon.

One request I have: I can't seem to post anything on the private forums. I registered my Profiler a long way back, but does anybody know what went wrong?

Greetings,

Reinout Vrijhoef

Yes, I would like to know too! If I record via S/PDIF at 44.1 there are no problems, but at 88.2 I keep losing the lock with a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56. I'm recording now with an old MacBook Pro (2011) and Logic Pro X. My new laptop is in the shop (speaker problems), so I will be testing recording at 88.2 with that machine later. I'm thinking about upgrading the interface to a Focusrite Clarett 8Pre. Or does this interface have the same problems?

Today I was doing some recording with guitar and bass via the Kemper, and wanted to put the profiles I use the most in one performance. I did this (copied them all) and noticed a huge difference in volume. I already checked the clean sens and distortion sens, they are all at 0.0. Does anybody have any clue to what I'm doing wrong? I'm on firmware 3.0.2.

Also, I registered my KPA a long time ago, but I don't seem able to post anything in the private forums. Any help is greatly appreciated!

--- EDIT ---
    I know what I'm doing wrong. In preformance mode the mono loop was locked. I used this with an external reverb a gig a loooong time ago, and forgot all about it. It is a serial loop, mix on 92%, so therefor all my volume was gone. I'm posting anyway, maybe this post will come up in a search sometimes and help someone else.

Wow, this thread has become much longer than I had expected. And I am much wiser too! Thanks to everybody, who has contributed to this thread, not in the least to CK and lightbox. If I will be forced to work on 48 kHz, I know that a simple solution for €159 will solve everything. We'll see where it goes :-).

Thank you for all the replies. For a piece of studio gear like the KPA, I sure expect it to run on different sample frequencies. Hopefully this is just a software thing, and it can be added in some future update. When it's a hardware thing, the whole situation changes, of course...

Regarding the studio: it's a studio where thay make mostly midi-productions, with occasionnaly a real instrument. Why he workes on 48 kHz, I don't know. I just know that he does. I personally think 88.2 kHz is better, you lose less digital information downsampling to 44.1 kHz (normal CD). But hey, that's just me. Are there more people who would like to change the sample frequency from the SPDIF output on the KPA?

Hello,

I love the possibility of using the SPDIF output for digital recording. The only downside is, that it's only possible to record (and re-amp) at 44.1 kHz, 24 bit. I work a lot in a studio that records only at 48 kHz. Is it possible to change the sample frequency and maybe the bitrate of the SPDIF output? When we work with digital devices (Kemper, Logic, Nuendo), I'd like to keep it all-digital, no need for DA and AD converters (using the XLR outputs). Of course, I could re-sample the 44.1 kHz files to 48 kHz, but in this conversion step I also lose some of the audio quality. And that's where the magic is :-D. I hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards, from the Netherlands,

Reinout Vrijhoef