Posts by guitarmania62

Yes. I think too that in a high-grade music it,s all about the dynamics, because this can be the best transmitting mode of Your feeling to Your listeners.
    I like very-very much this thread and I,m waiting to go in the studio to try all them.
    Thanks guys!!!

:)

Finally I have resolved my Pitch Shifter /Harmonist needs with buying a Digitech Harmonyman. It working very good on my effect loop, but now I can,t use the slot X for everything else when I use the harmonist. :(

This would be the most important next step in future. I think that it,s not so difficult to make a variable configuring CC numbers possibility in the KPA. Even my old Roland GP100 processor could do that, and with simple, easy to understeand programming possibility, I can make a lot of
    changes in effect chain with a simgle step on my midi foot controller.

Here is an example:
    - compressor on/off changing adressed/programmed for CC69
    - drive or gain changing adressed/programmed for CC69
    - delay on/off changing adressed/programmed for CC69
    - volume switching (pre-programmed for lets say: 80 and 100%) changing adressed/programmed for CC69
    - .........and finally an amp type switching (pre-programmed for lets say a Fender Twin and a Marshall 1959) programmed for CC68

In this way, with a simple step on a single footswitch from Your midi foot contollers lets say> nr.5 You can make a lot of changes for
    soloing in the same program with only CC.......even more: if You are stepping on pedal nr.4, You can change the amp type or
    ....pushing the two pedals (4 and 5) in the same time it would be resulting in changes on all above parameters.......

This is what I,m waiting from an modern programmable preamp/multieffect in this, "the worlds best" category. To be easy programmable the pedal assign in CC mode in every aspect. It would be not so difficult I think in 2013...
    This is the first, and most important need from my best sounding digital amp sim baby, my nice KPA in a near future: To let You to change CC program numbers for every parameter, or at least for A B C D and X, Mod, Delay and Reverb on/off....

Thanks burningyen!
    Great work and very close to the original sounds.
    I have tweaked a little bit with the effects amount: smaller amount of reverb and modulation and finally was resulted in a great, present tone!!!!!

First of all I,m a guitarist, musician, song writer. My second occupations are the recording, mixing, producing music. So I,m not a men of words, and I,m not too good in presenting my opinions - observations....and I have a very bad english too.......so please excuse me for the eventually mistakes.....I am a happy Kemper owner from july 2012, and before I have not any problems with my best musical toy: the KPA, except a voltage breakdown on a stage in november, before a concert, on repetition, when I have started it again after 10 minutes with succes........., but here are my observations about this new 1.6 version:

First bug:
    - 1.6 upgrading with problems: first time with error message, second time with succes, but ended with a non starting Kemper. After this issue I was started with booting from stick, with the 1.6 soft, and it was worked perfectly. Started with the new update. I have uploaded the new rigs and it was a pleasure to play with them. I was convinced about the new upgrades sounding superiority....But next days, when I was started to play with my older rigs, I have observed a kind of strange, unpleasant latency feeling. (It was the same feeling with the new rigs too.) It was totally different from my first days impressions about the new upgrade. After this I have downgraded to my prewious version (1.52) and it was worked like before: perfect, with a tube-like playing feel. I was thinking that it was to do with the problematic updating process and I have tryied a few times to upgrade-downgrade between the two versions: the 1.52 and the 1.6, every times with a little bit different working processing mode. Sometimes it was without latency feeling the new version, sometimes it was very unpleasant responding....Anyway: the system reset procedure after upgrading seem that has resolved the latency caused unpleasant feeling problem for my Kempers problems too.....

Second bug:

- a few times after I have changed the browsing mode from Sorted by Author to Sorted by Amp the Kempers input has dying: no sound at all. I have tryied to make changes on browsing mode, on input and system parameters to bring his sound back, but without succes. After these unsuccesfully attends I have stopped it, and I heard a reverberated bumm-like sound, but on next step, when I was started it, it was worked, and sounded perfect again......, but after an hour of working it was happend the same thing again.

Third bug:
    - Yesterday, after profiling a new amp I was try to tweak the cabs High Shift and Low Shift parameters, and every time my guitars sound was feedbacked in a very strange digital synthetizer-like sounding mode on the tweaked frequencyies and don,t want to stop time of a few seconds long. Today I have observed the same issue again.

After more than 5 months of playing without problems on a biggest (and smallest) scenes across Europe, now a lot of strange simptoms, which schocked me a little bit........
    There is anybody with the same observations????

I have worked all night long with my KPA.

Like I have writed here before: I have problems with the 1.6 upgrade installation, but I have resolved it in a strange way: after installing it with a non working-starting result, I have booting it from a stick with the new upgrade. In this way it was starting and sounding right and it was charming me with the new presets. Next day, when I was started my nice, upgraded Kemper, I was shocked to feel that strange digital latency while playing .....After this I was make a downgrade to 1.52 and it was responded well again to my guitar playing.

Now I have worked a lot with my nice little KPA: I have upgraded and downgraded it a lot of times and You must to know that almost every time it was different the upgrading process, and the sound/playing feel on the version 1.6 it was different too, almost every times..........with a very interesting results: 3 times (from 4) it was responded right to my playing, but somehow a little bit different each time..........

........After that I was tryied to make a system reset after upgrading process to 1.6, and like a wonder: it was going that strange latency feeling.
    Now I have tryied a few times to downgrade > upgrade > reset,
    downgrade > upgrade > reset,
    ..........and indifferent from the upgrading process modes strange varietyies, every time it was a pleasure again to play with this little wonder.

FINALLY, IT,S WORKING LIKE A CHARM and IT,S GOOD TO FEEL IT,S EXCELLENT RESPONSE AGAIN!!!!!

THANKS FOR ALL FOLKS FROM THIS FORUM, because I was thinking that it,s something wrong with me, or my playing feels, but when I have realised that there are a lot of people, who have the same sensations, so I,m on my way again, trusting in myself, my Kemper, my music and guitars.

Finally, which one it,s the best in the digital preamps entire world: the 1.54 or the 1.6???
    THIS IS THE REAL QUESTION!!!

I love my Kemper, and I know that this is the best guitar product I have ever played in the digital domain. In fact I play guitar very long time
    ago (about 35 years now, after learning classical violin 8 years) on the different scenes in Europa.....I was one of the first users of digital preamps like Roland GP100, Line6 PODs, Roger Linn,s Adrenalinn, Roland VG, and GR series. Still I,m using the GP100 because of it,s versatility and satisfying responsivity on scene and I,m working with analog sims like Sansamps, a lot of tube preamps, like Axis Excalibur, Tube Driver and others. Still I have my Marshall Super Lead head and boxes (the very first series) and I use sometimes my Kasha Rockmod.....,

but my KPA is a very different thing............, and I like it a lot.

In fact I feel that it,s THE BEST ON THE WORLD in inventing new melodyies, improvisations, because MY KEMPERS ORGANIC SOUND inspired my creativity in an unique way!!! (OH, I,m sorry for this! It,s like on the cheap commercials, but it,s true!

BUT I must to say that the fact is that
    there is a really big difference in playing feel between version 1.52 and the new 1.6!!!!!

My first impression about the 1.6 was that it,s a lot better for me to play on it with the new rigs, but next day when I was started to play my older rigs, I have realised that it,s not the same feeling like before.

Now, after a few days of testing the DIFFERENCES IN PLAYING FEEL between version 1.52 and 1.6 I have some conclusions:

- on digital preamps I,m using always a lot of compression, because I,m playing with too much energy and dynamics.

- on tube staff I never need compression.

- my Kemper was between them (on some rigs I was need to use a little bit compression)

- now on version 1.6 I feel that I don,t need anymore this compression in the same rigs.........( First of all, because of this I like the newer version

- before the KPA I was always disturbed by the playing feel of the digital preamps. They have not giving me that tube amps picking attacks feeling like real ones....On the recordings these digital pres was sounding realistic, but to play with them in real time it was simple not so satisfying enough. (My technician friend than told me, that this is because of the latency of the converters and the DSPs.............). The truth is that the Axe FX it was without that latency feeling, but I don,t like that sterile sound of it.

- my little Kemper was the first digital preamp with a totally satisfying playing feel with an incredible tube realism.

- ....and now it,s a little bit embarassing, that with the new version, the 1.6 I feel that digital latency again.........., not as much, like on my other digital pres, but, it,s there...........

- I have made some recordings too with the two different versions, playing on the tracks with KPA, and after that playing without and reamping with the different versions..........and, sincerelly, I don,t observe big audible differences between the versions: it,s still sounds amazing on
    recordings!!!!!

It,s all about the playing feel!!!
    I,m conscient about this now.....

This is it.

Now I must to go in one of the two ways:

- to play without the need of the compression, with excellent sounding ducking effects and tube screamer, but with that digital latency feeling??????...........
    …........or to play with a little compression, excellent feeling, but without the inegalable TS and ducking effects????????

.....anyway I know that my little dilemma it would be resolved soon by some excellent upgrades and I,m trust in Mr. CK much more than most of You, people, and I know, that this is the best digital guitar preamp ever made!!!!!! .....and with all my dilemmas, I think that Mr. Kemper is the best on the digital market side and I want to thank him again his and his teams efforts to make for some crazy guitarists, like us a wonderfull instrument.

Please write here, on this discussion, if You are agree with my opinion, that Kemper Profiling Amp its the best sounding
    digital amp simulator ever made indifferent of his software version!!!!!!!!

I have the same problem, but I have resolved it in the following manner:

I,m was happy with my 1.52 version KPA with about 760 rigs on it.

Like I have read in this forum somewhere, first I have updated it to version 1.54 succesfull, and after that I have tryied to update to 1.6 without any succes.

It gets to 100% of the process and then update was failed.

After trying a few times to update to 1.6 I have returned to the version 1.52 which was succesfully installed.

Now I was stopped the KPA and waiting a few minutes.

In next step, after restarting the Kemper I was trying to update from version 1.52 to 1.6, and...what a surprise: it was working!!!.....but after the updating process my nice little Kemper won't start again.......

I have stopped it again and after a few minutes I've tried to start it with booting from USB stick with the new firmware.........and like a wonder it was started and it,s working fine and sounding perfect now with the new software version and the new rigs....

I hope that this is working for You too!

I have the version 1.52 on my Kemper.

Like I have read in this forum somewhere, first I have updated it to version 1.54 succesfull, and after that I have tryied to update to 1.6 without any succes. It gets to 100% of the process and then says: "Update has failed. There was a problem reading update data." :(

After trying a few times to update to 1.6 I have returned to the version 1.52 which was succesfully installed and after that I was stopped the KPA and waiting a few minutes.
    Now after restarting the Kemper I was trying to update from version 1.52 to 1.6, and...what a surprise: it was working!!!.....but after the updating process my nice little Kemper won't start. :love:

I have stopped it again and after a few minutes I've tried to start it with booting from USB stick with the new firmware.........and like a wonder it was started and it,s working fine and sounding perfect now with the new software version and the new rigs too....Now I have 783 rigs on my KPA. :P :thumbup: :thumbup:

I,m happy that I have realised finally this update because it,s working like never before!!!....and what a sound!!! It,s much better sounding like before and the new rigs are a perfect examples what can You do now with this inegalable sound machine!!!!

Thanks Kemper team, and one more time I wish You a succesfully happy new year!!!!
    :P