Posts by michaelmellner

thanks guys for your help.

To answer some questions, yes: I did try a second usb cable, did try a second usb port.

Only thing remaining is to uninstal and reinstall RM from scratch but I don't know if this will work since I already did repair with the installation tool.

I contacted support already and will let you know how it goes

UPDATE:

hi again...tried the repair procedure but the issue is there again. I could take a picture of the message I got from RM:

any other ideas for solution?

no, i'm connecting with an usb cable, no things between kpa and pc, same cable always used in the past and working well.

compard to the past I have formatted the entire pc recently, but had installed a fresh RM. I didn't install the usb driver as a separate installation but I guess they were installed as I hooked up with the kpa. In fact, as soon as I plugged the cable, win driver procedure started and immediately I saw kpa name after the installation on the window down low to the right of the screen.

and EDIT2:

found this guide by Arne on a win10 issue which was then solved:

"The driver is simply not installed. You can use the Gerätemanager to install it by letting it look for drivers on your computer. Point it to the folder
    C:\Programme\Kemper Amps\Driver
    Then it should install the driver. Alternatively, just run the Rig Manager installer again and choose "Repair".
    "

does it applies to me as well?

EDIT:
    now, after some minutes of playing the kemper it has been freezing. It occur after I unlinked the pc to it after the usb error.

now it seems to work ok.

the usb connection really messed up things here

Hi there...I have been having, this morning, an issue with RM and my kemper, issue I never had before.

Everthing is ok until some minutes in which the preview mode freezes to a certain profile of the list and cannot proceed further. RM and the kemper work ok but I cannot use preview mode anymore: the only way is to restart the kemper.

a message comes out from RM telling me that the usb link between the pc and the kemper is not good (these are not the precise words) so it cannot establish a connection. I have used two different cables, one of which is the one I have always used with absolutely no isses at all.

So it is not a cable issue. I'm thinking about the usb drivers that I might need to reinstall. where do I find them?

maybe it is an RM issue but I doubt since it works just fine alone and with the kpa hooked up to a certain point, some 10 minutes before the freezing.

some specs:
    win7 with latest updates
    kpa os release 5.1.1.12825
    rm 2.1.41.13351

ok...got it! I have found and copied the folder of the old pc. In fact, exploring it, I could find the local library with all the folder I created and thought I lost. At least they are there.

Now I'll try to overwrite the existing RM folder with this one and see what's on. Crossing fingers again!

The Autobackup folder is used by Rig Manager automatically. In case you upgraded Rig Manager, and there are significant changes in the database handling, Rig Manager will first create a backup automatically, so if something goes wrong, you can restore the state of the previous version.
    Though we usually do not recommend this, you can try to get the following folder from your old hard drive and copy it to the same location on the new one:

C:\Users\#yourusername#\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager

Then you should have everything back in place. But remember to use the built-in backup function from time to time.

Thanks Arne... at first I thought to do so but considered it useless. Now you give me hope...I will try to copy the folder to see what's going on. Will keep you posted on the results...crossing fingers! :thumbup:

Hi there guys...I had to reinstall from fresh win 7 in which I used to have RM working perfectly. I had several folder of sorted profiles but I didn't copy these outside RM.

I have to reinstall RM in the new win 7 and would like to have the same folders. Is it possible using the old RM data? In fact the old hard drive is not formatted and still there are all the program files thus RM also with inside forlders.

Is there a way to install RM, copy the files in the old RM folrders and have the same thing as before?

all the best

michael

Search for more stuff from him. I saw a vid where people throw tomatoes and whatever when he's playing.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

yes...he goes on stage and people throw at him everything. Thing is that he cope with it and went on doing this sort of crap...His gigs became an attraction locally just to watch the overall mess...

I know this guy personally. He's from Rome..and he's a pain in the neck of every big name guitar clinic around because he get around with strange questions bothering everyone, especially the guest guitarrist.

He's a sort of institution of a caotic guitar player and human being, while he thinks of himself to be a guitar god.

As far as I know some months ago he was close to die because of his fragile health...

anyways...even if youo try you cannot play like this: it is impossible to play that bad! :)

Hi
    Anyone know a Profile that comes close to this?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks

apart the tone per se, the track is doubled. so you will never have the identical tone unless you double yourself playing everything you do in the same time :)