Posts by michaelmellner

ok. just got mine right now. the thomann pics are correct: the internal compartment has a different material compared to the white version. in addition, the bottom part of the kemper has different base than the white one. if you go to thomann website and see kemper white and black you can see where the bel attaches there is a sort of vent. through the vent you can see that the black version has alluminun inside, while the white version has the same material as the top.
    I found th aluminum to be a cheaper material to be used and am asking why the difference in the material choices.
    can someone at Kemper answer to this?
    all the best
    michael

thank you guys for your replies.
    to be honest, my so called concern about the differences are more into the back compartment rather than on the vents. I have been using my friend's kemper for hours and, apart some heating (common one, though) on the bottom, the kemper is quite cold, so to say. consider I am used to handle mesa boogie stuff which after hours of use can be used to fry eggs!
    I am more concerned about the compartment internal material and finishing. but I'm based on thomann website pictures that can or cannot be updated.
    if they are updated, than I like more the compartment of the white version which, as said, apparently has the same material and finishing as the external chassis. according to thomann picture of the black version, the compartment is done with an ugly greyish aluminum.
    of course it is a matter of taste, which I'm aware of course, doesn't influence the sound at all..............
    michael

Hi all.........I would like to ask you about the differences between the white and black version back panel.
    to be more specific, I'm expecting tomorrow morning my brand new kemper, black version.
    I had the white version for some weeks from a friend. I then checked out the pictures of the black version at Thomann web site and found, at least, these two differences:
    1) the compartment above the jacks panel in the back of the kemper is in aluminum in the black version while the white version is painted in the same green colour identical to the kemper chassis. probabily the material of the compartment of the white version is different as the one used in the compartment of the black version.
    2) the black version has two air grid while my friend's one doesn't (white version), one near the power cable plug and the second near the s/pdif plugs
    do you reckon the same things?
    I might have looked at old pictures in Thomann web store, or maybe not. Can someone clarify the thing?
    true that tomorrow I'll find out myself if there are differences. But if I can have some words prior to the delivery I'll be happy. :)
    michael

thanks......... I did and found some good ones............the best would be to have to have a regular 7 pin midi port in the kemper, similar to the one found on the Mesa Boogie Triaxis. true that not many preamp have that feature. so if the kemper doesn't have it, it is as the standard trend.
    it would be a super feature if it would implement it in the future.............
    just my cents
    mic

I don't know if someone else requested it already, but it would be great to have a phantom power coming out from the midi input to power a pedalboard..........
    michael

my post might be a strange one because I don't own the kemper yet. but I was in the verge of changing my rig, which comprised:
    Mesa Boogie simulclass 2:90
    Mesa Boogie Triaxis
    TC Electronic GForce
    V30 2x12 cabinets
    so I got a friend which has the Kemper and give it a shot in a full months of testing.
    Given the Kemper is designed to go on the stage PA, I have been trying it directly on my 2:90 and I have to say I never listened to such a thing. The saounds were unbelievable. so I decided to buy it. I have sold the Triaxis and kept the 2:90. in this way I have two choices: in small gigs I go into the PA but when it is requested some miked cab I hook it up into the 2:90 and get the sound of my life.................
    I'm expecting the Kemper (black) in the next days and asked the italian importer to become artist representative of the kemper in my country (italy).
    couldn't be happier! and don't even own it yet!!
    michael

Hi all. I saw it has been requested back then, but I would like to request it again: a programmable whammy pedal effect.
    I'm sure it is totally feasible considering the brains that got the Kemper in the market!
    all the best from Italy
    michael