Posts by lobster56

I really like the new, less compressed, feel. Playing through a 1x12 open cab Kemper kone speaker. Only tried at home at bedroom volume so far so good. As always I'm so impressed by the Kemper team. /Hans Jakobsson Umeå Sweden

Had this problem on several OS. Updated to the latest OS and RM, Windows 10. RM tries to sync, goes on for ever... Tried different ways, start RM first and then KPA, no luck, tried the other way a round, no luck. Any good advises?

All the best/Hans Jakobsson Umeå Sweden

Hi. I have the same experience as Lightbox, been that way for years actually, on boosters/dist/fuzz. If I strum gently there is an increase of volume, hit the string hard and the sound gets compressed. That is going trough monitor out/guitar cab. I never play via main out, into monitors. Hope this info can be of any help.

From my personal experience with Shure SE215 earphones, the IEM is the cause of your issue. Try using memory foam cushions on your IEMs instead of the thin rubber tips that typically come with them. Memory foam will give you a much tighter seal, and better low end and mids.

From my personal experience with Shure SE215 earphones, the IEM is the cause of your issue. Try using memory foam cushions on your IEMs instead of the thin rubber tips that typically come with them. Memory foam will give you a much tighter seal, and better low end and mids.

I am sure you're right. But, the over all sound, vocal and other instruments sounds just fine? It is only our Kemper guitars that are very sharp sounding. I'm not using in ears now, I'm using Sennheiser hearphones and I still have to lower treble and presence. I'm curious of course, do you all leave Main out treble and presence at 0, or with just some minor tweaks?

Hi. Garage type of band. Two Kempers, both of us are maily using humbucker Gibson guitars. I'm a blues/early rock guy. My mate dials in early 80's rock and ha likes a lot of mid eq. We have tried at great number of high quality Rigs. Tried different guitars, P90, active passive mics.

We go main out to a Allen & Heath QU-16. IEM is a low budget Shure and we use Shure earplugs, and I'v tried a couple off headphones as well. - The strange thing is that both guitars is extremely trebley, we turn down presences to -3,6 or lower, treble is turned down to - 3.0 or lower. Pure cab is off on one KPA and turn way up on the other. We tried to eq the mixer but that kills the vocals. Is it normal to have to turn down almost all treble and presence on the guitars. -Monitor out/guitar cab sound is ok. Any help would be much appreciated.

I posted this a couple of years ago. Trying to explain some of the things we are talking about.

OverDrive Styler: Smart & Innovative EQ pedal: Electric Guitar Harmonics & Overdrive Stylin

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There's no way I can know how bright/dark any given profile is that you might be using. I usually start with mix at 100% and adjust the tone until it's what I need. I generally keep the gain at unity. There's no one "right" answer, as we all have different ears :)

Maybe is my hearing issues, but to me it sounds like the eq shifts as you increase the mix. Mostly treble boost on low mix settings, a bit more high mid on medium mix and also clearly more compressed sound on 100%. Am I wrong? -I usually leave it at 20-30%, tone 0-2, volume 0

I also bought a used Spark and replaced the speakers with a hifi component 4" mid/fullrange speaker and blocked the bassport. That fixed the inherent boominess and shrill high end. I have posted about this on TGP and the PG threads. I now competes directly with the THR30, but no wireless, but does have Bluetooth and way more FX.

That sounds very interesting, can you post a ling to your posts ( I dont know what TGP and PG is, sorry). What is the name of the speakers you put in. /Hans J Sweden

I presume that's the default. If you don't have a pedal set up for volume then it won't matter anyway.

If you choose Input and turn from -5 to +5 the gain (or volume) definitely increases. I dont know if its a good thing? I'm in my small apartment, cant test at gig volume. But I imagine a higher setting can make it easier to get desirable feedback ? Have you tried to do as suggest, what is you opinion?

It's the volume pedal range.

Thanks for the reply:) I have no volume pedal connected, should I leave the settning at -5 or what? -Just discovered you can select input, pre stack, post stack and output. For some reason mine was set to input -5, perhaps default? Is this ment to let you adjust the input signal when plying single- coil or humbucker?

In Rig manager / Rig menu, there is a knob labled Range. Default set to -5. Seems to increase gain, or volume if you turn the value up, max is +5. Can someone explain this? I looked at the latest manual 7.5, cant find anything labled "Range" nor any description what this does or when to use it.

Hi and thanks. Have you tried playing trough monitor out and Kemper Kone? I cant seem to get at good sound that way.