Posts by lobster56

Thanks Kempermaniac. Problem is that the sound changes and so does the respons when you hit the strings. More rapid and direkt feeling when I turn Cabinet off, wonder why? Is there a way aound this? I will probably choose Cabinet off for now.

it's like I said:
    the CabDriver is only activating for studio profiles, since there is no known point of separation.

when the Profiler has information available about the amp/cabinet separation (Merged Profile), it uses this of course :)

so activating "Monitor Cab Off" with a merged profile gives you the authentic Direct Amp sound on the monitor output.

Hi Don. One more question. For Merged profiles, I've found that the sound changes when I turn off Cabinet (soft button). If I want to go monitor out, solid state, power amp and guitar speaker. Do I turn off Cabinet as well as the "Monitor cab off" If so is what happens with the sound Main out to FOH?

I'm using montor out, ISP Stelth power amp and a guitar cab. When playing trough the new factory merged rigs, one TAF kind of bass heavy clean rigs, the speakers farted out, Just as you describe Lasse. I also have increased switching time and crackling noise when switching rigs. Same problems both with old rigs and the new factory merged rigs. Must say I'm extremely pleased with the sound and feel from merged rigs and FW 3.0.

Hi. Both beta and the latest FW is causing increased switching time. Seems too appear randomly. Up to 3-4 seconds at most, but sometimes no apparent switching lag. Sometimes crackeling noise when swiching. Problem with both older Rigs and new factory merged Rigs. Same problem when I load Rigs fram Rig manager.

I'm not able to record and post, sorry.

/Hans J Umeå Sweden

I also use the ISP. I'm worried that mounting ISP + power supply back of the KPA will cause heat, get to hot. Maybe Im wrong? Do you put ISP at the bottom or power supp at the bottom? /Hans J

Looks just fine, but what if Your using a Rig with A,B,C,D X, Mod, delay and reverb all engaged, would that work? The Remote has 4 fx switches (and 4 exp pedal connections). Would you have to use 4 pedals, or is there a way around this?
    /Hans J

Do I get you correctly, that you want all rigs to have cab section off? If so, just turn the cab off for any rig, then press and hold LOCK button and while holding LOCK button press once the CAB button. Now all rigs will have cab section turned off.

Really terrible in explaining, sorry. There are times when we connect main out to FOH or to our own mixer for in ear monitoring, so I can only use the monitor out for stage sound, and I really prefer that monitor out sound as well. If there was a way I would like to have a monitor out with cab sim switched off globaly (Thats the way we do it already), but we would like two outputs, a two channel, right/left, set up. I mean like many players used to do, pre KPA, with rack pre amps and a two channel tube/solid state power amp.

It's really nice and impressive to get answers from the creator:) Sorry, my poor description, I meant cab sim off, not cab off :/

Me and my band mate mainly use our KPA's in the back line. Monitor out -power amp -guitar cab. We prefer the stage sound of the guitar cab. So it would be nice to have the ability to connect a right and a left channel -monitor out cab sim off. To spread the sound, get effects in stereo.

And off course, CK, you really made the world a better place, I'm sure. I'm nearly 60 and I'm a much better guitarplayer now. This fabulous machine makes it possible to improve my playing, makes it so fun. It's lika x-mas every day actually.
    I hope you and your colleagues gets at long restful x-mas vacation .
    Best regards from Umeå -Sweden. Why not visit Guitars the museum. http://www.guitarsthemuseum.com/static/sv/80/