Posts by lobster56

I always have to reduce treble and presence (a lot), virtually on all Rigs. I only play trough monitor out (cab off) into the power amp of a Laney combo guitar amp 2x10. The other guitarist in the band has the same experience. I have tried my Rigs on FRFR and low budget PA and I don't have to reduce high freq. there. So my suggestion is to profile Rig specific for what type of equipment used. Would love to buy Rigs taylor made for my favorite set up. /Hans J Umeå Sweden (Go for gold Tre kronor!!)

Me and my bandmate are using small tube combos to amplify our toasters. (monitor out on the KPA). Our opinion is that a very large number of Rigs are very bright. Makes me wonder if shared Rigs are often profiled mainly to be used for recording/studiowork? We exclusively use the KPA for live use, rehearsals and gigs.

Anyway we tend to set KPA eq fairly flat on the chosen Rigs, then adjust monitor out eq. In my case reducing Treble and Presence a bit depending on acoustics of the room I sometimes reduce bass as well. My early hard rock loving mate actually prefers using cab sim on, gets a little more mids and cuts a bit of treble.

Good luck :)

Are there any Bundles for sale that are profiled maily for using guitar power amp and cab? There are so many excellent Rigs on Soundclound, You tube aso, but most of them seem to be set for other use than power apm/cab.

I'm using the Zoom G9.2tt. My idea is to use it as a midi pedal and also as a back up. I can control program change, bank up/down for RIG changing. This Zoom multi guitar effect has 3 pedals. I have set 1# as the wha pedal, second pedal i set to #19 (Kemper stomp C), used for boost/dist on/off. Third pedal is set for delay on/off midi number #68. I'm just learning to use midi and I haven't found out how to use all the Zoom's switches as midi send. Good luck/Hans J

Had the same experience. Using my midi wha pedal solved the problem, the sound was"hidden" untill you pressed the wha pedal./Hans

don't know if this help or if it is a dumb post of mine, but I upgraded to 1.6 and everything is just perfect. I imported the rig pack 04 taken from the kemper download page and tried them this morning. While trying them I got into some profiles full of stomps and post fx which are totally without any sound. thinking it was the issue we're talking about here instead I tried to turn of the stomp button with no result. same with the post fx button and this time the sound got back. found out it was a post fx which was not working.

I repeat: this might have nothing to do with it but the symptoms were the same: got to a prpofile with absolutely no sound at all.

hope this helps in some way.

Dear hansjakobson,

yes, there is an issue. It happens when you load a rig via MIDI outside of the selected view e. g. Favourites or My Rigs, when you then STORE/REPLACE, the wrong rig might get overwritten. We will fix this in one of our next firmware releases. In the meantime while you are on stage, select view 'All Rigs' and there are no issues.

Sincerely,
    Burkhard Dinnies

Thanks for the replay. :) Problem is, saving Rigs doesn´t work after unplugging Midi cables? Or to be correct it works sometimes :?: Never had problems with saving Rigs before.

/Hans J

• I´m just learning how to program Midi. A couple of times the assigned Rig has been deleted an is replaced with an other Rig. Well that's perhaps an user error, ? Anyhow there is another issue I´m worried about. When I try to save a Rig, say after some modifications, I press Save/ Replace. Nothing happens?? Of course I tried to disconnect Midi cables, still can´t save.

Any suggestions?

I'm on 1.5.2.7842. Got the KPA back from Kemper a month ago, they replaced the CPU. I guess they installed everything correct, everything has worked fine until now.
    /Hans Jakobsson Sweden-Umeå

Nice and informative story. I haven’t
    stared using midi yet, waiting for Kempers midi board. But I do own and use a
    Zoom G9.2tt witch has two expression pedals and midi. So far I've only used the
    midi when saving and editing patches on my PC. I would be very grateful if you
    could describe how to get started with midi, the way you use your GT-100.
    Regards/Hans J

For once I might be of some use:) :Press cabinet/turn the browse knob. In the display you will find "From rigs" and "Local Presets" Perhaps that's what you are looking for? /Hans J