Posts by lobster56

Tried changing in SYSTEM to set with my name. Favourites are still missing and so is every rig under My Rigs. Any suggestions?
    /Hans J

Go to [SYSTEM] -> Show Tag and check if the KPA Owner is set to your name. That should fix it.
    Timo

No one seems to have noticed my comment, so I'm pasting it here again. All of my favorits has disappeared in 1.5? Maybe I'm wrong, but the tremolo fx seems different. You need to turn up the settings more to get the same amount of effect compered to 1.1? /Hans J

All of my favorits has disappeared in 1.5? Maybe I'm wrong, but the tremolo fx seams different. You need to turn up the settings more to get the same amount of effect compered to 1.1? I would love some tips/explanations to how to best use the new features in the Output source page 1. Best regards/Hans J

.... regarding rig counter. In the Rig Browse screen you can see which position the rig actually selected has compared to the overall number of rigs matching the active filter e. g. 'Favourites'. If you select the filter 'All Rigs' you can see the amount of all your rigs there. In case you have just the factory rigs installed, this amount is actually 314.

I got DSP error in August, i try every thing (reset to factory settings, flash format, old FW....) and nothing (its was broken) so i send it to repair. Kemper team was great and fast!

Hope its not the same for you :thumbup:

The description of the KPA as "frozen" fits mine as well. All though mine never had a DSP Error message. It happened about 10 times, updated to beta 1.1.1.7641B, that did not sort out the problem. Kemper support advised me to send it back to Thomann. Glad to hear the were great and fast. Two questions: How long did it take to get it back? How do you perform a reboot? /HJ

No reply or helpful tips so far. Well, it just happened again. I was trying to adjust fx "Mod" and suddenly no knobs responded, every knob became black, the screen shows Kemper start up page. Only knob (partially) working is the main on/tuner...... So I turn it off, wait a few seconds, start it up and everything is back as it was before the mysterious shut down.
    Need some guidens here. /Hans J

Very good advise, just send a e-mail/Hans J

I started this thread, and I'm happy with the reply suggesting the bands JBL speaker is not suitable as FOH. Will try real FRFR soon. I must say I am very happy with most of the rigs, hardly ever changing the eq's playing via monitor out through guitarpoweramp and cab. I am using Sennheiser HD 289 pro headphones and it is not a pleasing sound, (playing with unchanged rigs). Every type of distorted sound comes out fuzzy. That is even a small breakup type of sound. I'm quit convinced no one would appreciated that sound. Thanks for all your wisdom and time spent on this thread. :thumbup: /Hans J

No reply or helpful tips so far. Well, it just happened again. I was trying to adjust fx "Mod" and suddenly no knobs responded, every knob became black, the screen shows Kemper start up page. Only knob (partially) working is the main on/tuner...... So I turn it off, wait a few seconds, start it up and everything is back as it was before the mysterious shut down. :?:
    Need some guidens here. /Hans J

The last 3 weeks my KPA has shut down for no obvious reason. Everything seems to be working fine, then non' of the knobs respond, KPA stays that way awhile and then just shuts down. I restart and everything is ok again. The problem is occurring more and more often, this morning two times in 10 minutes. Updated to beta 1.1.1.7641b a couple of days ago without this solving the problem. Any helpful tips?
    Best regards/Hans J

A typical small stage cover band. Always been a bit concerned regarding our sound, but our drummer/sound guy loves those high edgy eq's. He just bought a digital mixer so there are ways to adjust the guitar eq separetly. Do you have any suggestions?/Hans J

No, it doen not mean that your KPA will automatically sound bad through the JBLs, since you will have a mixed signal with Drums and Bass on the Speakers. It´s just that the typicals guitar midrange frequencies will not be as prominent as with other speakers. In the mix it all changes...

What kind if music are you playing? A pair of EONs is rather unusual as a FOH pa.

Thanks for clearing that out. Feeling a bit more relaxed now. So here is a follow up question. These JBL EON's are our ordinarie FOH speakers. Does this mean that my Kemper will sound bad in live situations, or will the PA mixer sort things out. I can always stay with the monitor out/poweramp/guitar cab solution on stage, if I can relay on the sound being ok in the PA.
    Tanks again/HJ

Hello.
    (Kemper 1.0.9.7426)

Been playing trough monitor out (cab off) into guitar poweramp and the amps built in 2x10 speakers with excellent result. Today I connected a JBL EON 15 G2 with a balanced XLR cable, using the master out. There are so many users praising the sound using FRFR. Sorry to say it's sounds really bad, very much like the sound via the Kemper headphone out. Sounds very digital and fizzy. I must be doing something wrong. I've tried the search function, could not find any tread that described a similar problem/solution . Tried both left and right master out, tried high and low volume out, tried different input level for the JBL high or low volume on the JBL. Tried chancing the eq on the Kemper master out section. Still this annoying digital harsh fizzy sound.

Getting a bit worried here. Is this it? Doesn't the FRFR sound better then this, if so it's totally useless to me (and so is the headphone sound) ;(

Please, please guide me to my tonal heaven.
    Best regards/Hans Jakobsson, Umeå Sweden

Sounds like an excellent idea. Problem is I've never used Midi, scares the shit out of me. Really hoping CK is planing a Midi pedal board for idiots, like me. Would love a drag and drop computer program that allows you to you import/export between Midi board and computer.
    I own a Zoom G9.2tt, and they do exactly that. Seems impossible to learn how to program Midi the way it's descibed here on Kemper forum.

The idea of using eq in addition to stomp pedals is useful. Is there a way to save only the dist and eq as one unit. Being able to kick them in with a single foot switch. If not, it would be very nice to have a dist/overdrive/boost pedal with a multitude of choices. Type of gain structure, eq before or after, germanium or silicon, type of transistor/mosfet and so on. Build your own pedal!

I have downloaded original KPA rigs, upgrades and a few single downloaded rigs from your website. I must say that this problem really affects every single one of the rigs that have a bit of gain, that is listening through the headphones. I have reduced treble -0,7 presence -0,5 and bass -0,3 on the Monitor output EQ. I'm pleased with my sound playing with a Laney Chromo-o-zone combo power amp and 2x10 H&H speakers. I got a suggestion to adjust my headphone sound by adjusting the Main output EQ, however this does not affect headphone output, should it?
    By the way, I'm very impressed with your support, lightning fast :) /Hans J

Thanks for the reply. Headphone is working/sounding nice connected to other gear. Sorry to say, I can't adjust headphone sound with my main out eq. Tried to turn all the knobs, none of the respond. Tried to check in the boxes "Main out link, Monitor out link, Headphone link and monitor cab off" None of then makes any difference to the headphone tone(knobs are working fine in other settings). Now I'm starting to get worried. I have already made one reboot, since then I've made hundreds of adjustments and I am quit happy with the monitor out sound that I'm using. Don't know if I've got the strength to do it all over again :S I'm running the headphone output at -20db, main vol. -18, monitor vol. at -25. /Hans J

Hello. My KPA problem is fizz, but only trough the headphones. Appears on every rig with distorted sounds. The fizz i audible on "all" frequencies, and it increases when gain is turned up. I usually play trough a guitar poweramp/cab with excellent result,never tried with a FRFR. I have not found any global setting for just the headphone, is there one or is there an other way of getting the superb KPA headphone sound described on the forum? I'm looking for a global fix, not interested in changing every rig just so that I can listen occasionally via the headphones. Best regards/Hans J Umeå, Sweden

Is there some recommendations in witch order how to set your eq,s and volumes. I mean, there's amp eq, stomp eq, cab settings and so on. Likewise with the volume, a number of options. Is it best to adjust your cab eq before your amp eq, for example. Is it smart to never turn down the volume under a certain level on the amp, on the output, on the monitor aso? So how do I do? Just go crazy and fiddle with every knob or....... Grateful for all your wisdom.
    Ps. I'm using guitar power amp and cabinet so far. Haven't got any PA or FRFR.

Best wishes /Hans J