Posts by Charvelguy

I don't recognise this as the case. I have seen photos galore of professionals using Kempers, including the aforementioned Devin Townsend. On Faith No More's last album, the guitars were recorded completely through a Kemper. I do think that Fractal's endorsement program means that it's difficult to open guitar magazine and not see an advert full of artists claiming they use an AxeFx but even those cam be misleading if you look into how those artists use them.

Kemper has been running full page ads in most guitar magazines for many months now. Guitar Player, Premier Guitar, etc. I see it advertised far more than Fractal.

I have a mint Pearce G2R … I should do a profile of it, I never even thought of trying it as I just do profiles of my tube amplifiers so far…
    Ty Tabor of Kings X, Lab Series L5…yep! In my opinion the best examples of this amplifier are on Kings X ‘Gretchen goes to Nebraska’ and ‘Faith Hope and Love’…
    ...that amplifier is all over the first bunch of kings X albums, until he started using Boogie Rectifiers on Dog Man and switched through many, many amplifiers since then

From what I recall reading in an interview, Ty used the EQ section of the Lab 5 for his unique tone, but not the power section.
    Denis Kager passed away today. I have a Sundown head I would like to profile someday. Also a Roost, (similar to HiWatt's) and a gaggle of other unique amps. Not sure when I'll get around to profiling them but I'll likely post here on the forum.

What version of Rig Manager are you using? I wouldn't think it would make a difference but eventually somebody may ask and if its a beta version... I don't know, that may have something to do with it? Either that or a hardware issue?

I do. I had an fcb1010 running both amps and the H9 simultaneously so I'm using it with the kpa now. I've ordered the Uno Kemper chip for it. Oddly enough, so far it's been easier to set up the midi than it has been to customize rigs/presets and organize them. I've only had it for a day and it's not like I won't figure it out. :)

I didn't know you could order and swap chips. I don't doubt midi is being easier to setup than customizing and organizing rigs tho, there's discussion on here about that. There is an 3rd party editor, ToastME, its a midi function editor for profiles you might find useful.

Welcome! I had problems downloading Rig manager as well. If, in the future you get prompts to update to a new version of rig manager and the download doesn't update for you from Rig manager, just try downloading from the main Kemper downloads page.

I bought the Zexcoil Juicy loaded pickguard and a Hybrid loaded pickguard in the end of July when they had a promo for 25 off loaded pick guards. They were not cheap!
    Unfortunately I have been working everyday since July so I haven't had any time to load and solder them in so I can't give you clips or review.

They do come with a 30 day guarantee tho. I fully expect them to be stellar over the stock pups.

L6 Native has a 15 day free trial. I'd say if you aren't in a position to shell out for a Kemper, give it a go.

That said, I am also going to mention that there are MANY rigs you can purchase that sound good and equally as many that you may find unusable without further tweaking, eq or processing of some sort, and that's not also to say they may still not be what you want to use. Similar can be said for modeling software but you really need to do your due diligence and really look into your expectations from a Kemper or modeling software to find out what is best suited to your budget and needs.

This is very subjective, but if all you need is to get ideas laid down, work demos out, I think L6 Native is an acceptable way to record. I've not tried Bias but from the demos I've seen and heard, they also sound like an option as well. I personally have found modeler software easier to record with but I've used it exclusively for demo ideas. I've only scratched the surface of the Kemper and have yet to record anything with it, but that's not the fault of the Kemper. I'm still trying to piece all my studio components together in a new house.