Posts by b_ryan

I’ve tried them all :) They sound bad with both my guitars. That does not mean, that they suck. Just for my guitars :).

Ingo>>> I for sure will have to try to put the stomp box between the guitar and the Kemper. But that means that S/pdif is going to have to replaced by XLR cables. But that’s a very very tiny sacrifice if it works.

Jeff>>> Got any direct links?

Hallo good people.

This is just to be sure, that I'm on the right path here. Using S/pdif for reamping sometimes causes a weird and buzzy (really really bad quality and noisy mp3) sound. I use Cubase 9 and when reamping I select S/pdif 1 as output on the DI signal. And I select S/pdif 2 as the input on the reamped track. Cables are connected correctly. I experience that sometimes the reamped signal sounds like it should and sometimes it's bad.

Has this something to do with making sure that the S/pdif input/output in Cubase only must be in use on the specific tracks (the specific DI track and the reamped track). I've got a lot of tracks that has been reamped and therefore a lot of DI tracks as well. Sometimes when I'm done with a certain DI track/reamping, I don't turn of the S/pdif input/output. I just mute the channels. But does this mean that the buzzy sound I get is, because the Kemper and the S/pdif work around the mute button, so all DI tracks that has the output set to S/pdif 1 will be routed to the Kemper?

Hallo fellow Kempers.

I hope it's okay to request profiles here. I'm pretty much stuck within the options, I have available at the moment. I've been tweaking for 7 days straight without an acceptable outcome. I haven't even touched my guitar in this period. What I'm after is profiles which includes the Boss HM-2 stomp box. I recently started to dig down memory lane regarding the old Swedish buzzsaw sound from the 90's metal acts such as Entombed, Dismember, Necrophobic etc. (when they were in their prime...imho).

What I've tried so far:

- Found some profiles that included some Boss HM-2 clone pedals. Tried them all and swapped the cabs.

- I rolled off the gain on the above mentioned profiles and put my MIJ Boss HM-2 stomp box in the loop (AND...swapped cabs).

- I pretty much tried all of the amps on Rig Exchange. Started from the top and went down amp by amp. (It's exaggerated…. I know. But hundreds of amps have been tested).

- I searched for amps. Be it amps for metal, combos and brand specific amps as well.

- I experimented with eq, gain, cabs, definition etc. on all the above mentioned tryouts.

I somehow sometimes get a hint of the buzzsaw sound. I can feel it's there on some profiles, but they all sound bad. My guitars are an Ibanex RGD2127Z and an Ormsby Goliath 8 (easy now...I don't use the eight string for the buzzsaw sound....not a good combination ;)). I know that using this stomp box requires a hell of a lot of tweaking to get it right.

Is it possible for some good hearted Kemper users out there to make some profiles with the Boss HM-2 stomp box included (or one of the clones). As for now I cannot make profiles myself, as I haven't got the place for it or any amps.

Pretty pleeeeaaaase ;):*8o

Kemper is Master.
    Audio interface is Focusrite Saffire Pro 14.

But I kinda solved it. But not. Out of the blue it started to work, BUT......now there a different problem.

The reamped signal when recorded sounds like a very very bad mp3 file. Not just bad. Very very bad and unbearable to listen to. There’s also a digital buzz on top. Sounds really crazy.

When I demo the sound and only listen to the DI track when demoing the sound, it sounds fine. The problem occurs when recorded.

Sample rate is 44.1 both in the Kemper and the audio interface.

Going crazy here :wacko:

I thought I had it down regarding reamping through S/pdif. Some months ago I asked here and got the help I needed to fix the issue. Didn’t use the reamping since then, because I only just recorded dry and wet signal. Now I wanted to reamp the dry signal, and there’s no signal going to the Kemper or no signal coming from the Kemper to Cubase.

What I’ve done:

- Input = S/pdif input reamp

- S/pdif Output = Git/Master mono

- Sample rate is 44,1 on audio interface and the Kemper

- Sync source is S/pdif

- DI track is set to S/pdif left OUT

- Reamped track is set to S/pdif right IN

- Reamped track is set to master/stereo OUT

All other recordings can be heard. What am I missing?

Yes....I record both dry (for reamping later) and wet signal through s/pdif. You can do it through the analog output as well and not only the digital s/pdif. I prefer the s/pdif signal though. It kinda leaves me with the impression that the digital signal has less possibilities for noise and such. It’s probably totally wrong ?. But watch the videos. Very helpful.

I’ve only heard a few excerpts from NAMM (I think it was). I’m not particularly exited for this and I don’t know why people are. I think it sounds like the acoustic sim pedals already out there. And there are no good acoustic sim pedals as of yet. They sound very fake IMHO. Maybe I’m wrong.

I have the TH-U. Don’t buy it. It’s not good. I’ve used it since it was TH-3. That’s just my opinion though. I’ve tried for years to get a good tone, but I’ve failed in the attempt for years now.

deadpan>>> You really ought to contact Kemper regarding this scam. I cannot imagine they want to be affiliated with such companies.

dahla>>> That’s unfortunately what happens once in a while, if using the government funded parcel service. I never use that. It’s a lot slower and they lose far more parcels than the private companies. The private companies seem to have a better and more reliable system that ensures a better and safer delivery.

And....the government funded parcel service is more expensive as well so a lot seems to select the private parcel companies instead. There’s not much where you can say, that the government funded company has the upper hand. I know that they also are forced to do specific services on which they cannot make a profit. But since everything sucks about their service and system, people tend to take their businesses elsewhere. At least in Denmark.

It so happens that I am awaiting a used Boss HM-2 pedal I bought last Wednesday. He send the pedal the day after. It’s now a week ago and it’s being send with the government funded parcel company. 200 km within this rather small country. Crazy. Had he used a private company it would have been in my possession Saturday.

But hindsight is rarely nothing but 20/20. Hope you get it back.

That sounds weird. Maybe Kemper should be notified about this? I would think that they would have some sort of standard, when it comes to dealing with their products. I would think that with the way they treat their customers here in Europe, that they would find this highly inappropriate. There might be a reason for the wait though.

Only good things to say about the Kemper service level from me. I bought a Kemper from the first batch and all know by now, that they came with LED-failure. Kemper announced that it would be replaced for free. When I bought it the LEDs started to fail after approx six months. After a year a lot had failed. A couple of months ago I came around to contact Kemper about this issue which dates many years back. Maybe eight years or so. I expected to be met with answer, that I’ve had plenty of time to send it back for repair. I therefore asked for a repair price. The answer I got surprised me a lot. It still was free of charge. I think that it is crazy so many years after. I paid for the parcel service from Denmark to Germany. I cannot remember exactly how long it took. I think it was seven days in total from me shipping it to me being in possession of my Kemper with new LEDs. I cannot praise the service from this company enough. It’s almost unearthly.

So the very low dry signal returning from the daw doesn’t produce extra noise because the reamping will boost everything that enters the Kemper? I was kinda convinced about a specific amount of dB being appropriate when wanting to reduce noise on a track.

And I guess that when receiving guitar tracks that has far more volume, I have to decrease the clean/distortion Sens then.

But changing the clean sens....doesn’t that affect all input on rigs made for clean guitars? Therefor also the other side of the s/pdif signal? My rig in use is slightly gained if that’s a help.

Hallo. I’ve tried searching the forum, but cannot seem to find an answer.

I record through s/pdif and I record a dry signal for reamping later and a wet signal. The dry signal is barely noticeable visually and sonically. How can I turn up the volume for this signal only?

My wet signal is fine regarding volume and can be adjusted many places in the rig and output.

I’m not sure if the right way to adjust volume on the dry signal is by raising the overall output and then turn down the volume in the amp. Would that be the right way to go about it?