Posts by cmbrowns

Not sure what you're describing. All effects are still there in the Profiler and in RM. The difference in RM is that you now get the factory effects from a drop down menu instead of only from the Tree view. Although they're still in the TreeView under All Presets/My Profiler as well (maybe not organized well but you can always copy them to other folders in Local Library if you want). From the Profiler you just select a slot (A,B,C, etc.) then turn the Browse to get the effect list of effects currently in your Profiler.

If you say you're really missing the factory effects altogether you should probably contact support.

There's a way you can get pretty close to that, but it takes a little setup since they changed how the Kemper Drives are loaded.

If you make a folder under Presets\Local Library (I have one named New OD), then put a copy of the presets in that folder. Originally this was the only way to use the presets.

Then when you're on a rig of a performance, select the slot where your OD will be. Now you can just double click any preset in the folder to load it, so you can pretty easily go through the whole set wi9th just a single double click to change. You can also save any custom settings you like as a new preset to use in the same way.

As far as showing the names, I doubt Kemper will change that since you could do things like loading Klon1, then customize it to the same settings that would have been Klon2. So is it now Klon1 or Klon2? Not that it would hurt anything, but I'd imagine that's how they think of it.

There isn't anything to stop you from using imprints no matter what speaker you use. But they will only work as intended if used with a Kemper Kone speaker. The imprints are tuned to adjust the specific specs of the Kemper Kone to sound like the selected imprint speaker. With other speakers, there will be a difference, but much less likely to sound like the intended speaker. Just trial and error at that point.

Please correct me if wrong, but if I understand correctly, a scene might be B,C,D,Mod, Delay on as a scene assigned as a scene to any one switch. Not a toggle of what those stomps/effects were, just those on and others off. Creating multiple scenes along that line would give you a lot of combinations off of a single switch click. You might be able to do something similar with a morph, but you'd have to have all the effects you wanted on and rely on them having a mix parameter.

Understood that we currently can't switch any of the assigned 8 slots to a different effect, but if the scenes could not only turn on specific combinations, but maybe have their own morph-like parameters stored in the scene, that would give you quite a few possible combinations. Like Scene 1 with no Kemper drive but other effects on. Scene 3 with just Kemper drive and reverb but low gain. Scene 3 with Kemper drive high gain and longer delay, and so on.

I don't have the Kemper footswitch, but I'm thinking this isn't currently possible.

Hard to say what Kemper wanted with the Browse knob at this point, but it might be a bug. But what I described to Dynchrome - if you turn Browse just once to get to your what your screenshot shows, you can then use the Bass, Mid and Treble soft knobs below the LCD to somewhat more correctly choose Category, Type and Preset. If you continue scrolling with Browse you often start way back in a different section.

You can use the knobs under the LCD as well. So what would be the Bass knob selects a value in the first column, Mid selects column two and Treble selects column 3. The Browse knob seems to only scroll the third column.

The Monitor Cab Off is normally for the monitor output when you're using your own real cabinet. The Kemper Cab module would still be going to the Main Outs, so you could send a sound with a cabinet to a FOH mix via the Main outs. You probably just aren't using Main outs at this point so the cabinet loaded wouldn't matter.

The Chorus and Flange probably sound better in stereo since they are stereo effects, at least if you load them into X or MOD slots. But if you're only monitoring in mono, then again it wouldn't make much difference. Maybe a little in how the Kemper merges to mono for the Monitor output.

For me on Windows 10 - latest KPA OS -

I can edit the upper right name on anything under My Profiler and there is no need to save anything. No message when changing rigs and the new name stays in place.

If select a rig under Local Library and rename it the same way, then I have to click Store Rig before moving to another Rig. Otherwise I get the warning message.

Do you have the Kemper Kone turned on? Since you're not using a Kemper Kone, that could be changing the sound from the monitor output in unexpected ways. That option is only intended to make the Kemper Kone cabinet sound like the specified imprint.

Also keep in mind that the FOH is getting it's cab that would be a mic'd cabinet sound. And it depends on what type of cabinet is set up in the rig. It could (and probably should) sound very different from the real cabinet you are monitoring with.