Posts by cmbrowns

I don't hear that with the stomps. Any chance you have Parallel Signal Path enabled? That would send a clean signal to the out put. You can see this on the Rig settings page 4 of 6.

How are you monitoring? Is the output for Master and/or Monitor set to Master Mono or Master Stereo?

It's a feature request, not a debate.

I'm sure you can't know any better than I on how they process them on import, or any specifics on the "Kemper" cab format.

I know they used Cab Maker and I'll guess it's just the same thing now but internal to RM. It's not as if it got any better - just more convenient. I completely agree with many others here that the Kemper cabs are far superior to any speaker IR's that I've run across so whatever they do, good on them.

So regardless of the fine details, they read IR's, just like everyone else. What they do with them after that is theirs to play with. Hopefully they'll pick this up and consider allowing more use of them.

Point being that they already read them. I've had no problem importing any IR of any sample rate as a cabinet. I'd imagine their conversion is mostly cleanup/trimming and storing in the sample rate they prefer. IR loading is pretty standard on all competitors, and even on several fairly inexpensive pedals, so I'm sure they've at least thought about it.

It doesn't seem like all that much of a stretch to allow them in other slots. Of course if they allow two, then what's to prevent using other slots. That would probably quickly cause resource problems.

But they seem good at figuring things out.

Windows 10 here. Rig Manager 3.1.57.16457. Fast PC and Internet connection. Clean install after de-installing previous release version of Rig Manager.

Each time I restart Windows it takes quite a while before Rig Manager connects. Both yesterday and today I tried multiple Windows reboots, restarting Rig Manager, restarting the Kemper. No real pattern I can see, but eventually (today after a third restart of Rig Manager) finds the Kemper. Maybe it's just a matter of time. I haven't tried just letting it sit for 15 minutes after a complete restart of everything to see if it eventually connects. No noticeable "syncing up" messages while it's not connected.

Doesn't appear to be the driver since it eventually connects and from that point seems to work.

We can already load IR's as cabinets. How about adding the ability to load an IR as an effect in the stomp slots?

For example, 3SigmaAudio has IR's for specific guitars, to allow simulating various guitar types. This might be a step like Using a Keyztone Exchange or SIM1 to model different guitars.

Electric Impulses - 3 Sigma Audio

I already use the 3Sigma acoustic IR's as a cabinet in the Kemper and it works very well. I suspect if could use the electric IR's as a stomp, so I could still have a cabinet in place, it might be just as good.

Also, this might be a way to add other IR types like reverbs, IR's of OD pedals and so on. It might even be interesting to see how an extra speaker IR as a stomp might work.

This could already be done by using an external IR loader, maybe like the Mooer Radar, before the Kemper, but if it could be used as a Kemper preset it might be a cool addition.

PS: The Treeview (the left side of Rig Manager) strictly sorts folders alphabetical. Can't be changed.

What I meant was trying to change the order by sorting the columns after selecting presets. That allows you to resort in various ways. I didn't really expect it would work for the dropdown list, but it was worth a try.

And keep in mind, these new drop down lists only show presets from My Profiler which doesn't allow folders anyway. You can't see any Presets from Local Library where you might have created folders to organize.

I can see the My Profiler cabs in the new Select Cab Preset drop down, but they don't seem to be sorted in any way. I tried changing the order in the Treeview but it doesn't change the drop down list order.

You can delete any presets under MyProfiler or Local Library that you should see under All Presets. You can't delete any from Preset Packs since those are the Kemper defaults. And you cant delete directly from All Presets since that would include Preset Packs.

Hopefully you find something that works for you.

For me, I don't find the snapshot concept a limitation or problem. Even though the controls may not exactly mimic the stack of each specific amp, the advantage is that there are pretty much endless profiles to be found and they can be easily tweaked and fine-tuned. In many ways superior to what's available on the source amps.

Even in real life, most amps aren't going to be that exact to each other anyway. What tubes do you have? How is it biased? What speaker(s)? What environment are you playing in? What guitar/pickups and so on.

So if your real goal is to exactly mimic all aspects of a specific amp, that probably doesn't yet exist. But then you wouldn't really know unless you had the amp to begin with to compare to.

Whether a real amp, the Kemper, or pretty much any other pedals or device, you find something that feels and sounds just right. And it seems like you're done. At least until you find the next one that you decide is better still. And that will never stop.

Looking back at post #20 of this string, you said the Kemper sounds fine through headphones or when directly connected to your monitors. If that's right and you're using the same rig you are recording then your problem can't be with your Kemper, your guitars or with your monitors.

Then maybe somehow in the settings on your interface or how you're connecting to it. Maybe try to rule out SPDIF as well by trying a recording with just the analog Kemper output. Set Kemper Main Output to Master Stereo (or Master mono). Check the Main Out -12db checkbox. Set all of the Main Output EQ's to zero. Verify that it sounds as you expect with headphones on the Kemper or direct to your monitors.

Connect the Main Out to your interface and make sure you're not clipping the input. Record it and if it's still got the problem you might need to try help from the interface vendor. If it works analog, then maybe it's something in your SPDIF settings

It looks like every time you now move to the next rig with the right or left arrow key, the focus goes to the Author field in the upper right. So you have to click back on the Rigs before the next Right/Left keystroke works.

This doesn't happen in Rig Exchange, but it does happen in your My Profiler rigs. But there is a delay in Rig Exchange (and maybe others) so not every Right/Left keystroke is picked up if you go through them quickly.

Took a loooooong time to scan through my library and then again when syncing everything from the Kemper. But now seems to be working.

One thing I notice in the new preset context menus for effects - it only list presets that are included under My Profiler. It doesn't list any that I have under Local Library (which is where I've put all of the new Distortions). I can copy them over to My Profiler, but is this how it's intended to work?

Agreed on the 100% reproducible. I've contacted support about this exact problem several times over the last year, giving them very exact step by step. But unfortunately they tell me they cannot reproduce it.

I was very specific about Windows version, OS and Rig Manager versions and so on. Only thing I wondered about is whether it might be something like USB version - maybe they test on USB 3 and I use a USB 2 or something along that line.

Hopefully they'll find it at some point.

Maybe try each of the cabinets alone to see if the problem is only in one, or only if both are in use.

What kind of guitar? Does this happen on all rigs or only specific ones?

IOW, there's technically no overlap; never are two Profiles "running" simultaneously AFAIK.

Hello Monkey_Man.

I know it doesn't run the multiples. I was just suggesting that since each very small rig file must contain enough info for the system to figure out what to do, and rigs load pretty much instantaneously, maybe there could be some way for the system to internally figure out how to merge parts of each in a way to act like a morph crossfade. Probably a bit far-fetched, but then so is the Kemper.:)