Posts by cmbrowns

Maybe best to start by figuring out where the problem is.

The part that sounds suspicious is when you say "Raising my volume pedal..." has no effect. Your description seems to indicate you must have the "Monitor Stereo" checkbox clicked on the Kemper Output settings. What is "Monitor Output" set to? Seems like you'd want Master Stereo. If not. is there a reason you'd be setting it to something else?

Maybe an easy quick test would be to plug your K8's directly out of the Kemper and check if your Volume pedal works. Try it first with the speakers in the Kemper main outs, then again with the speakers connected to the Monitor Out and Direct Out on the Kemper. If both Main Output and Monitor Output are set to Master Stereo then both should work the same way. You'd probably want to at first make sure you don't have any differences in Main Out EQ and Monitor Out EQ (although you might adjust them after all is working). Since you're using FRFR cabs you wouldn't want the "Monitor cab off" checked.

If they both work as expected, then it seems your problem must be in how you are connecting or using your mixer. You never said whether the Main outs that go to some other mixer work correctly.

Saving and loading from the Stomps button is still working for me on a non-powered head. I'm using the latest 10.2.0.48484B and I just tried it to make sure they hadn't taken this out.

To save, press Stomps (or Effects) button, then Store, then Stomps Section (or Effects section). Enter a name and store it. To load, press Stomps or Effects then Browse knob to select.

Why Kemper felt the need to exclude this from Rig Manager and Stage is beyond me, but at least they didn't take it out of the OS.

I think its like this so that you can select and edit an effect without switching it on.

I realize this case for editing and its working as expected. I just meant in the case where you select a slot that's currently disabled and the sliding morph control. In that case you always need to click them to select, then click again to use them.

The hover to select could be a bit much because of the refresh of the edit part of the screen as the cursor is moving, but it shouldn't be hard to have the software check if you're currently over a disabled icon as the click event happens.

Currently in Rig Manager if you click on one of any of the slots that are currently off (disabled), you need to click once to select the slot then click a second time to toggle it on. This makes sense if you click one of the slots that is currently on since you likely are trying to adjust parameters. But when the slot is off, all you see is a note that the slot is disabled (that you would have known anyway since it is dimmed before you clicked it).

I'd like to request that when clicking a currently disabled slot it is both selected and set to on with the single click. I can't really come up with a reason why leaving it disabled would be preferable to anyone. This would also make it work more like the buttons on the hardware profiler, when you simply push any button once to select and turn it on.

I'd also ask that this be the case when clicking on the morph control display beneath the buttons. One click to both select the morph control and apply whatever position you had selected.

This could be done by the software checking the status when the cursor is moved over a slot, so the disabled status is already known before the click event.

I don't think anyone's trying to attack you. I'd agree that something looks wrong in your shipping estimate that maybe you could look into if you really want to go that route.

But it sounds like for now, you've gotten closer and maybe it is profile related. Did you try the cab changing I had mentioned? And there are thousands of rigs between Rig Manager and Rig Packs you can try working with until you figure this out. If it's really only the purchased ones you've been trying, and most others sound normal, just move on from them. Or maybe contact who you got them from.

As far as recording and the possible interface issue (if that really is part of this), just try the 1/4" and see if it makes a difference. No pint playing with better quality cables until you're sure which cables you should be using.

Hopefully you're almost there.

It can't hurt to try a 1/4" cable. It may be that the XLR into your interface is being treated like Mic level instead of line level.

It does seem like the noise issue could be something about those rigs you purchased. But that wouldn't mean that all purchased rigs are a problem. Maybe best to experiment a bit more. Why not try to find a few similar on Rig Exchange? Or maybe just try replacing the cab on the rigs giving you a problem. Changing the cab can make a huge difference. You can use the cab from any other Rig that you might like, or you can always load IR's if you have any that you know you like. You can just drag them into the Presets\Local Library section of Rig Manager to have a library of cabs that you like.

You say you've tried them, but the problem apparently is still there, and you don't seem to know where it's coming from. If you can't get any definitive answer from online support, then it seems like sending the unit in for proper evaluation and service may be your only option. Of course, if it's not something wrong with the Kemper then you'd be out that expense and still have no answer.

Good luck.

Just my opinion, but you're using way too many things at once to troubleshoot a problem.

I'd start at the most basic. Make a Kemper backup if you're uncomfortable changing anything. Do an Init Globals from the System settings on the Kemper just to rule out any odd settings that you may not recall or be aware of. This just sets all globals back to their original settings and won't delete any rigs. Then try your rig but monitoring only through headphones, no interface or external cabs. If headphones aren't possible or you just don't trust them then maybe connect your studio monitors directly to the Kemper main outs, being careful to see the output level is not overdriving them.

If the problem is still there at that completely stripped back listen, then try a few generic Kemper provided rigs. Not something you've created or edited. Try a few including something at a similar gain level. If the problem is still evident then at least you have isolated it to the Kemper or guitar.

If all seems OK with this testing setup, then move on by adding another variable, like connecting to one of your interfaces (using the same speakers or headphones to monitor) and listening back to the same rigs you tested with. If the problem now comes back, then it must be related to your interface or how you're connecting to it. If OK with the interface, try adding Cubase back into the mix. and so on.

If you can isolate to something specific and easily replicated, then perhaps Kemper Support would be able to suggest a best approach.

It's pretty suspicious that you say it can't be EQ'd out. Even if it doesn't sound like what you want, you should at least be able to cut those high frequencies out.

Yea, I don't have one. Don't know what you have, but I was just pointing out that the current Fender Tone Master Deluxe on Sweetwater and the regular Fender Deluxe have no Mid controls so I'm sure that's why the Kemper model doesn't. As far as the other amps, if Kemper decides there is enough difference in the tone stacks maybe they'll add more in the future. Certainly, there will never be specific tone stacks for most amps since there are so many and most really aren't that unique.

The whole liquid profiling thing just adds another option to play with, like Definition, Sag and Clarity that wouldn't be available on most amps. I find using any of the new amp models with any amp, regardless of whether they match, can yield useful results. And if you leave it on "Generic" it's just the Kemper as it was anyway. So nothing lost either way. It'll be interesting to see what the new Fender might bring to the table.

when I applied the Kemper Fan D'Lux Nrm tone stack model the control for the mids was greyed out and an extra gain control was added. The Fender TM Deluxe has no gain knob, but the Kemper model gives me two of them...

Just to note, all liquid profiles would have two gain controls. The "Generic" gain just represents to the original Kemper gain as it was before the Amp Model is applied. In the case of the Fender Deluxe, the new Gain control would represent the Volume control of the real amp. Kemper probably sees no real need to re-label gain as volume. For the Mid control, the Fender Deluxe has no Mid control so the Liquid profile disables it to match.

Now whether you find it accurate or not, only you could say.

I'm also interested in how the new Fender Tone Master Pro will develop. But I think I'll give it some time and see where they go with it over some time.

Maybe you've accidentally changed your Output Source. On the Output pages set Main Output or Monitor Output (whichever you're using) to Master Stereo or Master Mono. Sounds like they may be on Stack, which would bypass effects.

I had entered a bug report on this, explaining that it has no audible effect from either Rig Manager or the Profiler direct editing.

I got a reply from Hans saying he was able to confirm and he would send it to the Kemper developers. The next reply was:

"I forwarded your findings to our developers and received the following response. The Bright Cap parameter works as intended but is best enjoyed with clean rigs. Please load the MB Plexi rig from the Michael Britt Liquid Profile rig pack and set the modeled gain to zero. You will hear the bright cap effect as it changes from zero to 10."

I verified that this does not work either and let them know. Haven't gotten any further response so far.

You mentioned that Kemper Support is already aware you are having problems with Rig Manager. Since you are trying to work with Liquid Profiles you'll need to wait until they can offer you some way to get around whatever your problem is to use Rig Manager. As Ni6thWalker said, if you downgrade to anything earlier than the beta version 10 OS and its matching Rig Manager version then you can't use liquid profiles anyway.

You haven't mentioned anywhere what exactly you are trying to import. Can you post the exact file name? It should probably be a file with the extension KRIG. If it's not, maybe this isn't really a rig you are trying to import? If it's Zipped, you would need to extract it first, etc.

Beyond that, are you familiar with how to find the rigs on your Profiler in Browser mode? If you put your Profiler in Browser mode you should see at least some currently selected Rig name on the LCD. Turn the Browse button to see a list of rigs on the profiler that you can scroll through. There is a soft button to sort that list in various ways. You could try by date as suggested above by Kemper Support, but if you know the name of the rig you are trying to import, you should also be able to find it alphabetically by name if you leave the list sorted by name.

From what you've described it sounds like the rig(s) you're trying to import should already be there.

From page 334 of the current User Guide:

✓Performance Mode in your PROFILER has no open pool, having 125 fixed locations instead. Therefore, importing Performances requires Rig Manager, where you can paste each Performance to its intended location.

You're probably confusing individual rigs and performances.