Posts by cmbrowns

Which OS? The released 9.0.8 or the new Beta 10.0?

I'm on Windows so I don't know if they're exactly the same on the Mac version.

For reference I have the latest Betas - 10.0.0.46731b and RM 3.4.43. As I mentioned, this latest Beat is described as having improved USB connection.

If still no luck, whey not open a support ticket? (Kemper Profiler Forum/Private Forum you should see Contact Kemper Support Team

Maybe something to do with MAC OS version, etc.

You say you have the latest RM. Do you also have the matching Kemper OS? They have to be in sync. There's a new RM from today described as "Improved: USB communication with PROFILER Stage".

BTW, better to say what specific version#'s for both RM and OS you have, rather than saying latest.

Currently in RM the description under the Stomp and Effect icons show the type, like "Kemper Drive" or "Dual Delay", etc. But then that text is just repeated over to the left of the new Morph control as you click on any Stomp or Effect icon. Could those descriptions under the icons be made editable? One thing that's been asked for numerous times has been for a way to know what Preset might have originally been selected, like 808 Mid for a Kemper Drive. Allowing us to edit that label would provide a way for us to enter some text as a way to keep track of that kind of thing. Really no different than having a tag per Stomp or Effect, but right there where you'd be looking at it when loading a rig.

For example, many times I use two Kemper Drives in Stomp slots. It's not always easy to remember which I had set up as what. If I could change those 2 "Kemper drive" labels to "808 mid" and "King Overdrive" (or similar), I'd know exactly what I had intended. Even if the parameters no longer match the original "808 mid" and so on. The label to the left of the Morph control is still going to tell me that these are really "Kemper Drive" regardless of what I label them as. Obviously, there's not much room for large labels, but there's enough to enter at least a brief description.

I'd have added a sample image, but I can't seem to import or paste graphics here anymore.

I am annoyed I cannot move them into an alphabetical order... but I am certain that I will recover.

Folders and sub-folders you create are always put in alphabetical order. Not when you first create them (always at the bottom of the folder list when you first create it), but when RM is restarted, they would be in alpha order. That also applies to content in the folders.

For Rig Manager to show the update available, look at the File/Preferences menu. You'd need to have the "Include beta test version" checkbox enabled. Maybe close and restart Rig Manager and it should show the OS update available.

Then click on Help and Check for Software updates to get the latest RM.

Remember you need the OS update and the Rig Manager to be in sync.

Come to find out other guitar player trip over my ethernet cable. Stays in has to upright..If its angled down it falls out Help

Sounds like either the cable end or the Ethernet jack on the Kemper could be broken. If you don't know how to troubleshoot, you might try taking a close-up picture of the both the Cable jack and looking into the Kemper socket and send them to Kemper support so they can evaluate. If something is broken in the jack, a new cable probably won't help you.

4) Have you tried starting RM with no unit connected? A different USB cord and/or port?

I have tried it without the kemper turned on, same result.

Your answer doesn't say whether you tried these last two suggestions.

Having the Kemper connected wouldn't have anything to do with what rigs you see, other than the My Profiler sections. The Rig Packs and Rig Exchange would always be visible.

With the newest Kemper update, the requirements for the USB connection have increased to allow for recording. It's likely that the cable or USB port that you are trying to use isn't up to the task. So, you should definitely try a new USB cable or possibly plug into a different USB port. If you use some kind of USB hub, try plugging it directly into the port instead.

Just double click the Rig you want to play. It's not actually saving on the Kemper, it's just loaded into the edit buffer. This would work in any of the sections - Local Library, Rig Exchange, My Profiler.

If you're downloading new profiles you'd probably put them into folders you create in Local Library. Save them in My Profiler if you plan on using them at a show or away from Rig Manager.

I also use quite a few different guitars and pickups. For the humbuckers I don't change anything and prefer to keep the bit of difference. In a few rare cases I just make alternate rigs named to show a specific guitar. Even if I switch to single coils like a Strat or Tele I don't find much need to play with gain or Distortion Sense. I just find that rigs I've set up for a Les Paul might be a bit too bright with a Tele and so on. If I find just rolling down tone on the guitar isn't enough, I generally make a new copy of the rig turning down Definition on the Amplifier page until it fits.

But yes, if you prefer Distortion Sense you could always create a few Input presets with different levels to use when you change guitars.

Does it happen on all rigs? Does it happen if the Kabinet is not connected (maybe check with headphones with it disconnected)?

Are you connecting the Kabinet with a regular 1/4" guitar cable? (Shouldn't be a speaker cable since the Stage is not an amp)

Just to check, are you using an active guitar? Maybe a run-down battery?

Building the library should be very easy and very quick. All you are doing is dragging the cab from rigs you already like since the cab is the primary part of what you're hearing. Of course, how large a library you decide to build is your choice. I have many cabs, but actually quite a small set that I find myself reusing. Not really surprising. I find that cabs I like will still sound fine in almost any rig. Or maybe better said that with a cabinet I know I like, it will make just about any profile sound fine. So, it's just fine tuning to pick the best one for any circumstance.

And then if I run across a new cab that seems better still, it's very easy to try it out by locking the cab and loading up any rigs I think it might improve.

If you also use IR's you can just add copy them in bulk, then just trim to only those that you really care for.

So building a library should be both very simple and very quick. Then you can begin your testing various cabs from that library

This seems to sound a bit over complicated.

Make a folder on the All Presets\Local Library section of RM. Maybe name it Cabs or My Cabs, etc. (You can also make sub-folders if you'd rather organize further).

Now from any rig you select, you can just drag it's CAB into one of your folders or sub-folders to create a library of cabs you like. You can rename them after copying if helpful. To use them just do the opposite. Open any rig in Browser or Performance and double click any of your saved Cab presets to change to that cabinet. This way you can easily preview any number of saved cabinets with a simple double click. Save when you find one you like.

Maybe the easiest way is to use locks.

Select the Performance with the effects that you want. Lock each effect that you want to keep. Then select your other performance and now the effects should remain in place. Save the performance to now include those effects. Unlock the effects if you're done.